Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    City of Boston: 1 | Alt-Right: 0

I'm glad Boston stood up to this shit, easily one of my favorite cities mainly due to the Red Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Counter-protesting is not ''silencing'' at all. Per the police, the people who wanted to silence the rally were few and have been arrested if they crossed the line as they should have. The rest were peaceful. It's not their fault if close to nobody showed up for the actual rally. Having an unpopular opinion doesn't mean you're silenced.
    You should go back and reread the post i commented on that you hav linked, it has Zero to do with this. It was about the rally organizers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Because the Donald J Trump, President of the United States, is a Nazi sympathizer, by his own mouth, less than a week ago, days after an Alt-Right 20 year old memelord committed a terrorist attack that killed an American.

A terrorist attack happened, and the President, who has not reached out to the family, decided to say "there are good people on both sides". There is no such thing as a good person who is part of the Alt-Right, a White Supremacist movement. The end.

You accept the media narrative that it was only about Nazis/KKK vs counter protestors but that wasn't the meaning of the protests.

The protests were about the statue and yes some good normal people came to protest its removal.

The Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia, New York Light Foot Militia, and the Virginia Minutemen Militia came to protest the statues removal and keep the peace between the more extreme protestors. These groups are racially inclusive although they are right leaning they do not support white nationalism. They are the good people Trump was referring too they even brought medical supplies to treat the wounded on both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post

I'm glad Boston stood up to this shit, easily one of my favorite cities mainly due to the Red Sox!
    Alt right = Black pastors, Jewish Rabbis, and a Indian man running for Congress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post

I don't know what they were thinking tbh. MA has always been a liberal/progressive stronghold. 80-90% of the metro area voted Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    You accept the media narrative that it was only about Nazis/KKK vs counter protestors but that wasn't the meaning of the protests.

The protests were about the statue and yes some good normal people came to protest its removal.

The Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia, New York Light Foot Militia, and the Virginia Minutemen Militia came to protest the statues removal and keep the peace between the more extreme protestors. These groups are racially inclusive although they are right leaning they do not support white nationalism. They are the good people Trump was referring too they even brought medical supplies to treat the wounded on both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Alt right = Black pastors, Jewish Rabbis, and a Indian man running for Congress?
    Yeah nice try papering over Trump's racism. From his own mouth, via the line of questioning, asked repeatedly.

Not a "media narrative". Jesus Christ.

As for those glorified LARP militias, well...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...-police-215498

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Were those the only attendants?
    These were the people to the person filming's left:

Behind them, they were at the edge of the gazebo, so no one behind them:

To their right (kind of blurry because they were spinning quickly back to the speaker):

Which ones are the white supremacists Nazis, Elba?

10+ Year Old Account
    Were those the only attendants?
    Boston shut it down early after a speaker was attacked with acid by the left. The whole thing only lasted about 30 minutes to and hour. Most of the people got trapped on the other side of the protesters and couldn't get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't know what they were thinking tbh. MA has always been a liberal/progressive stronghold. 80-90% of the metro area voted Clinton.
    Pretty much, the CT/NY/MA/RI area has been this way for a long time now.

Boston shut it down early after a speaker was attacked with acid by the left. The whole thing only lasted about 30 minutes to and hour.
    I am asking cuz there were quite the alt righters on the published speaker list.

I am asking cuz there were quite the alt righters on the published speaker list.
    They didn't make an appearance it's speculated they cancelled due to Charlottesville

This rally was actually planned prior to the Charlottesville rally, after what happened most people didn't come to boston
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2017-08-20 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching a stream Antifa and BLM are fighting each other in Dallas right now. These people are completely retarded. Police have moved in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4ZkVUWQo4

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    But the state has a Republican Governor. Of the Governors since 1991, one has been a Democrat (Deval Patrick). I am a Massachusetts Republican.

This state will vote Republican... Republicans focused on reform, efficiency and moderation. Republicans in this state act as a check against liberal excess. We win in this State. Also Charlie Baker did not support Trump.

Massachusetts certainly has its progressives. But it's surprisingly centrist, even center-right. Social conservative issues have almost no traction here. Fiscal issues, however, drive Republicans into office. This is a rich state and taxation is high. People want to make sure their money is used efficiently.

I've believed for years that the Massachusetts Republican approach taken national could be wildly successful. Let Texas Republicans keep their social conservativsm a fight at the state level. At the federal level, the fight should be mostly about how efficiently our tax dollars are spent.

If Republicans focused on reform - government not too big, but not too small.. but rather and efficient machine - can with in Massachusetts, they can win in lots of places they have difficulty winning in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    You should go back and reread the post i commented on that you hav linked, it has Zero to do with this. It was about the rally organizers.
    Yeah, I misread the post. Apologies.

That said, I think the person you quoted didn't really mean suppressing this rally, but more detaching themselves from some of the nutters in the alt-right in general. Some of the rally's organizers are pretty deep in that kool-aid, so it's kinda hard to fault people for thinking it was an alt-right rally disguised as ''free speech rally'' before most of them ended up just not showing themselves, presumably to avoid escalation after Charlottesville.

I also really question the wisdom of doing it in Boston of all places. It's an extraordinarily liberal area. Unless being outnumbered by counter-protesters was the ''point'' of it all, in some sort of show that they're the few standing against the many or whatnot. But when the vast majority of said counter-protesters are peaceful (per police again) it kinda falls flat.

Watching a stream Antifa and BLM are fighting each other in Dallas right now. These people are completely retarded. Police have moved in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4ZkVUWQo4
    Lol love it he shirtless dude carrying a lawn torch

10+ Year Old Account
    Camera guy thinks its about to go down in Dallas hes putting his helmet back on.

Uh-huh. You're going to have to explain that one to me. Apparently, the fact I want to exile you extremists who excuse terrorism (and you've spent days doing it with your whataboutism) to the political wilderness by calling out what you are and politically holding you to account is now making me a "Nazi". Not you people who answered a White Extremist Alt-Right terrorist attack, straight from the ISIS playbook, with "but ANTIFA!!!"

Don't be such a fucking snowflake, baby. It's sad!

- - - Updated - - -

I particularly loved the Nazi who cried like a bitch over his little arest warrant. Awww Pobrecito....

All these MMO-OT Alt-Right people are essentially that. It's fucking pathetic. "Waaa Antifa!!!"

Thin-skinned babies, lol. The irony.
    Superiority complex. Check
    The opposition must be exterminated. Check
    Excuses use of violence against certain targets. Check
    Belief you can restore your country by exiling the "problem". Check

I mean. You want states defunded for not voting as you demand. The authoritarian fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Fighters? They ain't. The Alt-Right is nothing but losers. That's why they can't handle "talking about" the story of the day. They got no clue how to deal with losing.
    Case in point:

Courage in 3 acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, I misread the post. Apologies.

That said, I think the person you quoted didn't really mean suppressing this rally, but more detaching themselves from some of the nutters in the alt-right in general. Some of the rally's organizers are pretty deep in that kool-aid, so it's kinda hard to fault people for thinking it was an alt-right rally disguised as ''free speech rally'' before most of them ended up just not showing themselves, presumably to avoid escalation after Charlottesville.

I also really question the wisdom of doing it in Boston of all places. It's an extraordinarily liberal area. Unless being outnumbered by counter-protesters was the ''point'' of it all, in some sort of show that they're the few standing against the many or whatnot. But when the vast majority of said counter-protesters are peaceful (per police again) it kinda falls flat.
    That's my point you can't detach nutters from free speech just to be politically correct. Free speech is for everyone or no one.

Deleted
    Watching that stream lmao. Americans are such wimps. All fucking chest puffing. Either throw a punch or shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Superiority complex. Check
    The opposition must be exterminated. Check
    Excuses use of violence against certain targets. Check
    Belief you can restore your country by exiling the "problem". Check

I mean. You want states defunded for not voting as you demand. The authoritarian fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
    I like Skroe to be honest. He sees threats and chooses to engage them. That is a great asset to have. I dont share his views that trump is literally Hitler and those that voted for him are all Nazis. It is interesting though how he has formed this strange alliance with the folks he used to argue with, but once trump is gone i have a feeling that the unity Trump brought them will end.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."