Thread: Bannon is out?

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok this was way too funny to not post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ahhm after we've bombed, tortured, enslaved and annihilated everyone.
    ......What.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't really see how the timing is horrible for Trump. From where I'm standing, Bannon was the one guy that it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory to say that he has ties to the alt-right. Bannon being fired after recent events seems like it could be seen as Trump cleaning house and having a no tolerance policy for White Nationalists.
    Could, yes. Will, no. That would require Trump actually saying he has a no tolerance policy for white nationalists, and in the staggeringly unlikely chance that he were to actually do that he'd contradict himself the next day. "THE MURDER OF THAT POOR GIRL WAS INEXCUSABLE now here's how I'm excusing it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok this was way too funny to not post.

- - - Updated - - -

......What.
    Concern trolling, thats how it looks like
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Concern trolling, thats how it looks like
    Sorry not sure if you mean Theo's post or mine LOL. That went right over my head.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Sorry not sure if you mean Theo's post or mine LOL. That went right over my head.
    Oh sorry, but no worries, you're not the concern troll that i was talking about
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    The hue and cry "oh I weep for those poor people Clinton would hypothetically also have killed" rings false when supporting someone who tried to cut Medicaid and health care from tens of millions of people, killing over ten thousand people per year.

Meanwhile, your picture of Bannon with a red face in a post from "Mike T" did not go where I thought it would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The hue and cry "oh I weep for those poor people Clinton would hypothetically also have killed" rings false when supporting someone who tried to cut Medicaid and health care from tens of millions of people, killing over ten thousand people per year.

Meanwhile, your picture of Bannon with a red face in a post from "Mike T" did not go where I thought it would go.
    Oh and ya I just thought the pic was funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that more or less matches up with when Bannon resigned. So, good pick, I'd say.

Shame he didn't actually leave then, huh?
    That depends... is Trump showing his true colors a good thing or a bad thing? He would have stayed on script, if Bannon was gone by last weekend.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That depends... is Trump showing his true colors a good thing or a bad thing? He would have stayed on script, if Bannon was gone by last weekend.
    Mix of good and bad I'd say. On one hand, it makes it much harder for people to rationally defend Trump.

On the other hand, it's bad that we are in this situation at all. We should never be having a president, someone who is supposed to be a major leader in the world, defending Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump was displaying racist tendencies long before he met Bannon.
    Yes, but Bannon convinced him it was acceptable.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A Master Strategist: Steve Bannon Has Completed His Yearlong Plan To Become Increasingly Irrelevant Before Eventually Getting Fired

http://www.clickhole.com/article/mas...ted-his-y-6521

When Steve Bannon joined Donald Trump’s campaign as a key advisor last year, the left was right to be worried. Bannon’s reputation as a master strategist followed him through a stunning electoral upset and all the way into being Trump’s right-hand man in the White House. But today, the full shape of Bannon’s ultimate vision has finally become clear in his moment of triumph: Steve Bannon has just completed his yearlong plan to become increasingly irrelevant before eventually getting himself fired.

Machiavelli, meet your star pupil.

With the president’s ear, a seat on the National Security Council, and a media empire at his disposal, Bannon deftly assembled every resource he needed to get himself sidelined over and over until his removal. And as liberals wrung their hands over the shadowy man behind the curtain, Bannon was already enacting the first stages of a scheme to dither into nothingness that future generations will undoubtably study for its genius. Like the chess grandmaster who can see every move before the first piece is even lifted, Steve Bannon knew exactly how to get what he wanted, and executed his train wreck of a tenure with pinpoint precision.

Bannon hit the ground running almost immediately, slamming through a legally shoddy travel ban as the first in a chain of unforced errors whose strategic elegance would make Sun Tzu weep. From there, he wove a web of manipulation, effortlessly alienating potential allies, stoking pointless factionalism inside the administration, and making the POTUS increasingly frustrated with him until he was shunted to the margins. In just a few short months, Bannon lost influence, access, allies, and power at an unprecedented rate, demonstrating to a rapt nation just how formidable of a tactician he truly was. Few could be as disciplined as Bannon with their goal so tantalizingly in view, but Bannon–no ordinary politician–waited with mantis-like patience to become completely impotent before finally getting himself fired, his ultimate masterstroke.

With every piece of his yearlong plan finally falling perfectly into place, Bannon’s legacy as a master strategist and go-nowhere flash in the pan is undoubtably secure, but we have to wonder if even this might all be part of some larger scheme of his. Will Bannon now pick pointless fights with the GOP or Fox News, focus on losing even more ground with the Trump administration, or simply burrow into irrelevance through inflammatory comments and avoidable public scandals?

Whatever he decides, one thing is now very clear: Whatever Steve Bannon sets his mind to, he’ll get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    A Master Strategist: Steve Bannon Has Completed His Yearlong Plan To Become Increasingly Irrelevant Before Eventually Getting Fired

A fucking masterpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Bannon: 'No administration in history has been so divided'

The White House is indeed divided.

That's the claim being made by Stephen Bannon in a new interview, following his departure Friday from the White House as President Trump's chief strategist. Bannon, 63, is returning to Breitbart News as executive chairman.

"No administration in history has been so divided among itself about the direction about where it should go," Bannon told The Washington Post Saturday, adding that the president's base is frustrated by a congressional agenda that meshes with traditional Republican priorities more so than the agenda Trump campaigned on during the election.

Bannon says both Republicans and Democrats need to focus on issues concerning the working class.

Bannon said GOP leadership must embrace Trump's plans for taxes, trade and a U.S.-Mexico border wall, or it will alienate the president's base.

"If the Republican Party on Capitol Hill gets behind the president on his plans and not theirs, it will all be sweetness and light, be one big happy family," Bannon said.

But don't count on that "sweetness" happening anytime soon, Bannon cautions.

Bannon told The Washington Post that the feuding going on in the White House and in the Republican leadership ranks don't completely mirror the country's divisions.

"The tensions in the White House are slightly different than the tensions in the country. It’s still a divided country," Bannon said. "Fifty percent of the people did not support President Trump. Most of those people do not support his policies in any way, shape or form."
    Bolded for emphasis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    From left to right;
    Kelly, Sessions, Elaine Duke, no idea, Paul Selva, Tillerson, Trump (obvious), Pence (again obvious), Mattis, McMaster, Mnuchin, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Coats
    This CNN piece details who all these people are, and has some humorous takes on their body language. The one you missed was HSA Tom Bossert.

Also, the writer of the article caught something that I think we all missed: Donald "Stamina" Trump is the only one sitting down.

- - - Updated - - -

Cross-posting because it's huge.

H.R. McMaster Endorsed Book That Advocates Quran-Kissing Apology Ceremonies

Bannon comes out swinging. He doesn't seem to like a Quran-kissing ceremony. What do you think he feels about glowing orbs?

Deleted
    He looks like he got beaten up by Trump, lol.

Deleted
    So, Bannon understood that he was completely meaningless, left and now is doing a "drama queen" show? Dude, you were always insignificant for the Republicans, they justed wanted the Presidency.

He got lucky with Trump, he will never have a chance, ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Bannon comes out swinging. He doesn't seem to like a Quran-kissing ceremony. What do you think he feels about glowing orbs?
    It will get worse. Sooner or later, the administration will go after Bannon, I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, Bannon understood that he was completely meaningless, left and now is doing a "drama queen" show? Dude, you were always insignificant for the Republicans, they justed wanted the Presidency.

He got lucky with Trump, he will never have a chance, ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

It will get worse. Sooner or later, the administration will go after Bannon, I'm sure of that.
    Basically. He's cashing in on his time with Trump to stir the pot for profit and create a little chaos (the Breitbart vs Fox war incoming) which was his motive the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post

Hey now, in fairness he suddenly became super relevant for five minutes right before he got canned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, do we know for sure why Bannon resigned or was fired or whatever? It just seems convenient to me that right as the alt-right actually does something to get noticed, Bannon is out within a week. If I didn't know better I would say Trump is virtue signaling.
    The political pressure got too intense after Charlottesville. Same reason for the last... seven firings?

That's how politics works. If you're embroiled in a scandal at a certain point you become a liability to your party. At that point your factional rivals point out to their colleagues that you're doing more harm than good and you're polite asked to leave. And then more forcibly asked to leave. And then if you still don't see which way the wind is blowing, people put pressure on other people who eventually get you shitcanned.

The Trump White House seems utterly oblivious to this millennia-old fact of day to day politics. And thus they're dropping like flies because for some reason they think their regular daily scandals are just normal.

It seems pretty likely that this same logic will eventually apply to Trump himself. Once they run out of scapegoats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Stephen Bannon: 'No administration in history has been so divided'

Bolded for emphasis.

- - - Updated - - -

This CNN piece details who all these people are, and has some humorous takes on their body language. The one you missed was HSA Tom Bossert.

Also, the writer of the article caught something that I think we all missed: Donald "Stamina" Trump is the only one sitting down.

- - - Updated - - -

An administration composed of a motley crew of opportunists, Trump's family, hardline ideologues, ass-kissers and a few more reasonable fellas (usually links with mainstream Republicans) was a mess? I am shocked, shocked I say.

So I assume this picture has already been posted but:

First time I've ever enjoyed a season of the Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So I assume this picture has already been posted but:

First time I've ever enjoyed a season of the Apprentice.
    Considering his current header image in Twitter could easily be mistaken for a promo image for "Government Apprentice", that's very apt joke.