10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Which is what I find is frequently true with people who have these bizarre dislikes for the RNG systems like Titanforging. Because the problem isn't Titanforging, or RNG gems, or even Legendaries, arguably the worst of the potential offenders. The problem is that you people see not getting bonuses as getting penalties. Which is just nonsense. Like looking at a glass that is completely full of water, and then pointing out that someone else got lucky and got a 15% larger glass of water so now you feel like your glass is half full.

But whatever. I get it. If you don't like RNG, you don't like it. This isn't something either of us is going to convince the other of.

Personally, I greatly enjoy it. It makes loot interesting, it gives me a reason to quickjoin a heroic queue when I see someone on my friends list playing an undergeared alt. It provides nice little unexpected upgrades when I'm after a specific item but everything else in that instance is a down/sidegrade. It makes gems actually feel like something interesting and significant to get on an item and socket instead of something you buy a few stacks of and leave in your bank to slot into whatever piece you get. The times when it is disappointing (roll doesn't quite bring an item up high enough) are times where I wasn't expecting that item drop to be an upgrade in the first place, because I overgear the content.
    I mean that's not even close to nonsense. When someone randomly gets an item that can be up to 50 item levels higher than what you've gotten, you are being punished. You are getting penalties.
    When you've put down hundreds of hours in search of loot like that so you can avoid being a detriment to your raid when you're already playing a heavily undertuned class, and you see Johnny Bozo in LFR get a 950 trinket, that leaves an incredibly bitter taste in your mouth. Mainly because nothing you have done to this point even matters because it's entirely RNG.

The system is inherently rewarding players that play less and care less about their gametime, so of course casual players are going to enjoy the system. It's just utter goddamn insanity to me how anyone could enjoy such a system where you have no idea if your 2000 hours into Maw of Souls runs or some shit like that will even yield a Titanforge.

Also regarding the bolded part;
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????
    There is nothing interesting about it. Either you score the bullshit lottery and get extra stats, or you don't score the bullshit lottery and JC remains useless.

Also yes I am bitter. I love this game and I have since day 1, but it's getting so goddamn hard to enjoy playing it when they stuck us in the RNG hamsterwheel for the entire goddamn expansion. I used to love having alts that were somewhat similarly geared and decked out, but now I can't even maintain one without having to reroll the class again because the first two legendaries was Sephuz and movement boots.

tl;dr, yes I am sure this works for very casual players, but it's genuine purgatory for anything trying to be the best they can be for their mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Also yes I am bitter. I love this game and I have since day 1, but it's getting so goddamn hard to enjoy playing it when they stuck us in the RNG hamsterwheel for the entire goddamn expansion. I used to love having alts that were somewhat similarly geared and decked out, but now I can't even maintain one without having to reroll the class again because the first two legendaries was Sephuz and movement boots.

tl;dr, yes I am sure this works for very casual players, but it's genuine purgatory for anything trying to be the best they can be for their mythic guild.
    y'know I'm like 80% sure they made the 3rd+ legendaries easier to acquire months ago.

but also like, as someone who burned out hard on raiding, may I suggest a break, if you're not already on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    y'know I'm like 80% sure they made the 3rd+ legendaries easier to acquire months ago.

but also like, as someone who burned out hard on raiding, may I suggest a break, if you're not already on one.
    Easier to acquire still means a significant timesink just farming mythics ad infinitum that I am already doing on my main.
    It genuinely takes me less time to level an entirely new character and pray to the goddamn RNG gods that I don't get fucked in this rat race.

And I'm not burned out on raiding, I'm just genuinely displeased that this system made it through playtesting without them seeing the inherent flaws that it has.

EDIT; just wanted to clarify again for potential people going to quite this post: I love this game. It's WHY I am so passionate in my wordings regarding this subject because I feel that this system is going to make a lot of players that enjoy really hard content to just drop off and stop playing. Especially since the artifact system aswell is so punishing for maintaining alts and whatnot.

This is the first expansion that I've felt like I am forced to spend atleast 10 hours of my day just mindlessly grinding every single content difficulty to stay on top. You used to be able to just do some raids each week and still stay on top since Warforging/Titanforging isn't a thing.

Hell, I HAVE to run Mythic NH each week and hope to god that tier titanforges since it's vastly stronger than 4pc ToS.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2017-08-20 at 04:22 AM.

the one april fools that master plan broke the mission table was god damn hilarious tho

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like bulk pricing on character transfers, and maybe a change so that your account cap is still 50 but they can all be in one place if you want. Do a bit of consolidation into one horde and one ally server -_-
    They'd get a lot of money from me and my wife. I want my hordies and alliance all on one server tbh.

Easier to acquire still means a significant timesink just farming mythics ad infinitum that I am already doing on my main.
    It genuinely takes me less time to level an entirely new character and pray to the goddamn RNG gods that I don't get fucked in this rat race.

And I'm not burned out on raiding, I'm just genuinely displeased that this system made it through playtesting without them seeing the inherent flaws that it has.
    It's an alt tho. It doesn't need to be minmaxed, else you're at the point where you don't have an alt, you have multiple mains.

If you've been here since day 1 you should be aware that blizzard really, really, reeeeaaaaaallly doesn't understand why people play alts. Like every statement they put out about alts just totally makes assumptions about the play style that make no sense. THey really wish you would stop and put all your time into one character. They don't want to bake in replayability, they want one character to last forever.

But I'm the asshole who wasn't even willing to grind mythic+ on my main (lol because fuck THAT), so you can bet I didn't give two shits about which legendaries my alts who will also not be grinding +s have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    They'd get a lot of money from me and my wife. I want my hordies and alliance all on one server tbh.
    I guess maybe the price point is a deterrent? Because it sure as heck isn't because they need to recoup the cost of an automated system coded in like 2005 lollerskates

It's an alt tho. It doesn't need to be minmaxed, else you're at the point where you don't have an alt, you have multiple mains.

If you've been here since day 1 you should be aware that blizzard really, really, reeeeaaaaaallly doesn't understand why people play alts. Like every statement they put out about alts just totally makes assumptions about the play style that make no sense. THey really wish you would stop and put all your time into one character. They don't want to bake in replayability, they want one character to last forever.

But I'm the asshole who wasn't even willing to grind mythic+ on my main (lol because fuck THAT), so you can bet I didn't give two shits about which legendaries my alts who will also not be grinding +s have.
    I think I have like 8 legendaries across 11 alts. I'm in no rush or hurry to get more. I was surprised I managed to get two of the best ones for my rogue and a couple half-decent ones on my paladin.

I haven't even grinded out mythics on my main either. I kind of burned out on that kind of gameplay a long time ago. Like back when I was trying to organize groups for scholo runs so I could get the major mana pot recipe when I had alchemy. And doing the old rep grind to get a horse on my elf mades me want to dig in my heals when rep or grinds come up in general lol.

These days I just do the content I find personally enjoyable. As long as I can see all the story and lore and stuff and feel reasonably accomplished on my main, I don't really care to do much else. My poor alts tend to suffer even worse though.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess maybe the price point is a deterrent? Because it sure as heck isn't because they need to recoup the cost of an automated system coded in like 2005 lollerskates
    I believe they've said its a deterrent a long, long time ago.

I think I have like 8 legendaries across 11 alts. I'm in no rush or hurry to get more. I was surprised I managed to get two of the best ones for my rogue and a couple half-decent ones on my paladin.

I haven't even grinded out mythics on my main either. I kind of burned out on that kind of gameplay a long time ago. Like back when I was trying to organize groups for scholo runs so I could get the major mana pot recipe when I had alchemy. And doing the old rep grind to get a horse on my elf mades me want to dig in my heals when rep or grinds come up in general lol.

These days I just do the content I find personally enjoyable. As long as I can see all the story and lore and stuff and feel reasonably accomplished on my main, I don't really care to do much else. My poor alts tend to suffer even worse though.
    That sort of dedication lost my participation back in LK when Paletress had a 50% chance to spawn and like a 30% chance of dropping a trinket with a 100% chance of a rogue claiming they needed it for pvp winning the roll.

I am not killing myself for WoW. The one time in a million you get what you want is not worth the hours of sleep lost.

I believe they've said its a deterrent a long, long time ago.
    *grasping hand motions and mouthing the word WHYYYYYY*

Lol well look, I know you're not the person making these decisions but these clowns either need to make an actual solution that ->works<- (so not sharding or CRZ) with population problems OR give up the excuse of 'you can fix it yourself with a server transfer'. You can either be incompetent or greedy, not both

That sort of dedication lost my participation back in LK when Paletress had a 50% chance to spawn and like a 30% chance of dropping a trinket with a 100% chance of a rogue claiming they needed it for pvp winning the roll.

I am not killing myself for WoW. The one time in a million you get what you want is not worth the hours of sleep lost.

*grasping hand motions and mouthing the word WHYYYYYY*

Lol well look, I know you're not the person making these decisions but these clowns either need to make an actual solution that ->works<- (so not sharding or CRZ) with population problems OR give up the excuse of 'you can fix it yourself with a server transfer'. You can either be incompetent or greedy, not both
    I would literally pay blizzard for more character slots per server right now. Like a one time purchase, 5 bucks a slot sounds fair!

But back to the expansion speculation, when we get new races/classes they add slots anyway. So if we get subraces, I want another slot, per subrace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Gem Slots and Enchants
    Need to feel meaningful again. This ties in with the RNG shitfest of professions and gearing. Jewelcrafting feels almost useless.
    I've made 200k on JC the last 1,5 weeks.

I will be disappointed if its just "more customisation" and no new race/races. Depending on the setting and how much customisation they add I guess they could justify it but eh I feel like its due time for some new one or ones.

We don't need new races. Worgen and UD have a plotline to resolve and we need new ones for gnomes, dwarves and tauren at the very least.

I didn't realise that developing story for some existing races would exclude the possibility of new races at the same time xd

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I didn't realise that developing story for some existing races would exclude the possibility of new races at the same time xd
    Two words: Dev Time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    We don't need new races.
    We do need new races.

what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We do need new races.

what now?
    No we dont. Stop wasting dev time =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    We don't need new races. Worgen and UD have a plotline to resolve and we need new ones for gnomes, dwarves and tauren at the very least.
    We need Vrykuls(or something similar) for the alliance.

Thats it though

EDIT; just wanted to clarify again for potential people going to quite this post: I love this game. It's WHY I am so passionate in my wordings regarding this subject because I feel that this system is going to make a lot of players that enjoy really hard content to just drop off and stop playing. Especially since the artifact system aswell is so punishing for maintaining alts and whatnot.

This is the first expansion that I've felt like I am forced to spend atleast 10 hours of my day just mindlessly grinding every single content difficulty to stay on top. You used to be able to just do some raids each week and still stay on top since Warforging/Titanforging isn't a thing.

Hell, I HAVE to run Mythic NH each week and hope to god that tier titanforges since it's vastly stronger than 4pc ToS.
    Sounds like a YOU problem and not a game problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We need Vrykuls(or something similar) for the alliance.

Thats it though
    I have good news for you, friend. There is a race that is almost completely identical to Vrykul already on the Alliance, called "human".

I want a pre-patch like Legion

A lot of xp easy : P

Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post

I second this

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post

Since I already have all classes on max level on ally that might give me the incentive to level all classes on horde too.