Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There goes my week-end!

Deleted
    I enjoyed it, definitely an improvement over both Jessica Jones and Iron Fist.

Then again, I feel that without Madame Gao, Stich, Alexandra this series wouldn't have been quite bland.

I do wish they had developed Alexandra better, for someone like Sigourney Weaver, someone that radiates authority and charisma, I felt like her character in the series was weaker than her authentic self. Then again she was dying, but still, she deserved to be much more bad-ass, and have had some super powers, other than immortality (Yes I know they created Alexandra just for purpose in the series, but a bit more depth to her, would have improved her character so much more).

Only two episodes into the series but the editing is weird.

Also, the guy who plays Iron Fist is a bad actor. Re-cast him already. This guy is awful.

Finally done. Meh overall.

DD parts were good, everything related to iron fist was awful. The hand felt way too weak.
    Also all that "have to protect you, can't tell" shit gets annyoing the more you see it.

Three swat teams could have stopped that mess without any bigger probelms.

I watched the season last night and It felt okay, it's not bad but not amazing. As someone said above it feels more like IF2 than The Defenders. One thing that really bothered me was how they wasted all supporting characters from DD and JJ. They were locked together in a police station , at least they could have given them some detective work to do about the hand instead of just being sighing and worried about the main characters, not anything major but to make them feel somewhat relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Three swat teams could have stopped that mess without any bigger probelms.
    I think that's the problem with ALL the street level heroes...

I mean, the Avengers stuff, sure. I can't really see some rando cop being able to take down a fucking Chitauri, let alone Loki, Ultron or Thanos...

But those dudes from the hand? I've yet to see anything that tells me a sniper couldn't take them out from two blocks away before they even realised they were in trouble.

That whole huge fight at the end could have been solved by a couple of Flashbangs, then a strategic double tap to Elektra's head.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    DD parts were good
    What? I rolled on the floor because of him. the other 3 are in their casual outfits making him in his "costume" look ridiculous.... and let me not start about the scarf.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    What? I rolled on the floor because of him. the other 3 are in their casual outfits making him in his "costume" look ridiculous.... and let me not start about the scarf.....
    The scarf was hilarious.

Watching the Defenders makes me realize I didn't miss out on a whole lot by skipping LC and Iron Fist. Jessica and DD were the only reasons I liked this show. Nowhere near the quality of the DD series though. Not sure how I feel about the ending either.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I've watched six episodes and so far I'm getting exactly what I wanted from the series: an improvement to the Danny Rand character and all of the heroes working together.

The Luke 'white rich privilege' moment made me cringe.
    Daredevil and Gao parts were really good.
    Danny Rand is still going for the 'group's idiot' role, but at least the actor has improved a bit.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-08-20 at 01:44 AM.

I edited the title to indicate there'd be spoilers. I've only started the series tonight, so it'll still be some time til I can actually weigh in.

But going into it, my hierarchy was: DD > LC > JJ > IF. And I can admit the LC thing is probably a lot because I'm a person of color and have lived in Harlem before and loved how that show made Harlem a character. Hopefully the show can redeem the dumpster fire which was IF.

Just me, or did Daredevil look like a much better fighter than Iron Fist every time they were on the screen together?

I thought the fights in Iron Fists' own show were really good (despite the sucky acting and plot), but in this show he just looked like he didn't know what he was doing.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It started out good but went downhill. Only 8 episodes but it felt dragged out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I thought the fights in Iron Fists' own show were really good (despite the sucky acting and plot), but in this show he just looked like he didn't know what he was doing.
    He clearly didn't know what he was doing in his own series...some of the worst fights I've ever seen. Admittedly, that's Netflix's fault, they hired a guy with NO fighting skills, then rushed the show and didn't really give him time to train for it and learn some fighting skills, and my god, did it fucking show.

What the fuck is with the shitty rap music during the "big" fight at the end? wut?

Everyone besides DD was shit.
    The big fuckin reveal of what at the bottom of that whole / vault was underwhelming as fuck.
    That Iron Fist chick Coleen actress was so bad, overacted / overdramatizied every scene she was on, cringe as fuck. I fast forwarded all scenes she was on. Actually i also fast forwarded all scenes with LC with Claire and the police chic.
    Elektra goes from scrub to one shotting the whole team then goes back to scrub mode. wut?
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-08-20 at 05:51 AM.

The cops and how the caste refused to work together... really killed the series for me. Also 3/4 of the team consists of superhero who punches really hard. This is like a bad DND group forming with all fighters.

A few more episodes into the show. I think it's kinda bad. The writing is sorta terrible.

"Pretty sure your trouble is my trouble now..."

"You are skilled my child..."

"I am the Iron Fist..."

Groan.

Why is there an apple in the wall?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Finished the series. It was okay.

Mercifully, it was short. The writing was just terrible. Dialogue in particular was super cringe inducing.

Finn Jones is a terrible actor. Re-cast Iron Fist, please.

Defenders was better than Iron Fist s1, but mostly because of Cox, Coulter and Ritter have a lot of charisma.