Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Argus is closer than our moon(s)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Argus appears in the sky over Azeroth due to a massive portal that Illidan created. That portal is still connecting Azeroth space with Argus space, hence why it appears a little weird in the sky.

Illidan opened up a portal to Argus, like a window. It isn't technically "right there" in front of our faces.

But, if you're using one of those ink potions from the Darkmoon Faire, the stars are in front of Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    But, if you're using one of those ink potions from the Darkmoon Faire, the stars are in front of Argus.
    Considering what they're likely made of, it's no surprise you're seeing stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Considering what they're likely made of, it's no surprise you're seeing stars.
    this^ the potions are just an illusion not actual night time

Its a fucking portal, the planet isnt close.

15+ Year Old Account
    If light and radiation and matter (ie:ships, demons) can go through the portal then you'd think we'd be experiencing gravitational effects from Argus too then.

I mean, as long as we're trying to rationalize it here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    If light and radiation and matter (ie:ships, demons) can go through the portal then you'd think we'd be experiencing gravitational effects from Argus too then.

I mean, as long as we're trying to rationalize it here lol.
    Also, how we see the moon should be VIOLENTLY contorted.

Gravity is a myth

I mean if gravity existed how can dalaran stay afloat?

Checkmate all you gravity nazis!!

Every planet in our solar system can fit between the Earth and Earth's moon, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were between the two.

I don't understand (I do from an artistic perspective) why we ONLY see argus on the sky. Even in the end cinematic, the window kept opening and opening and you could see half the great dark beyond/ twisting nether (where IS Argus, technically? The border is not specific enough to my brain when talking about two separate realities)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Every planet in our solar system can fit between the Earth and Earth's moon, too, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were between the two.
    Woah I didn't know that, neat!

Edit: Maybe it seemed sarcastic before when it wasn't, fixed (?)
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-08-20 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post

Woah, I didn't know that. Neat.
    Thats actually true

But the moon is much farther than argus appears to be

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Technically this is incorrect. The moon is not being eclipsed by the portal in the screenshot. Its actually being eclipsed by Argus itself. The only way it would make sense is if either (1) the portal is EXACTLY the right size so that only the planet Argus is visible and nothing else or (2) that moon is a moon of Argus, not Azeroth.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Maybe rather than the portal just extending indefinitely out to the sides, it curved around and went around the back of Argus, until it completed a sphere around the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Technically this is incorrect. The moon is not being eclipsed by the portal in the screenshot. Its actually being eclipsed by Argus itself. The only way it would make sense is if either (1) the portal is EXACTLY the right size so that only the planet Argus is visible and nothing else or (2) that moon is a moon of Argus, not Azeroth.
    Can't be the same size because you can still see the fel eruptions reaching all the way into orbit. It's also not their moon, it's Azeroth's. The most probable answer is that the background space isn't visible through the portal, because space is an empty void.

There are worse bugs, such as this one showing Azeroth's moons in Tanaan Jungle.

Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2017-08-20 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Technically this is incorrect.
    It was something I did in 10 seconds to get the basic idea across. If you want to be nitpicky, feel free to draw a more accurate picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan did a booboo, and stole a portal crystal for their ships.. and well, he didn't close the door after him, so it kept going bigger and... well, suddenly, Argus.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Illidan did a booboo, and stole a portal crystal for their ships.. and well, he didn't close the door after him, so it kept going bigger and... well, suddenly, Argus.
    A booboo implies a mistake, he knew exactly what he was doing.