Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Sounds like a YOU problem and not a game problem.

I have good news for you, friend. There is a race that is almost completely identical to Vrykul already on the Alliance, called "human".
    They are not even the same race lmao.. you need somw lore man. Dont give me the big humans with beards argument!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We need Vrykuls(or something similar) for the alliance.

Thats it though
    Horde would fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Horde would fit better.
    Kvaldir for Horde makes more sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Kvaldir for Horde makes more sense.
    Helarjar now under the rule of Sylvanas after Helya's death (part of their deal?/Helya making sure the Helarjar remain a thing after her death)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Helarjar now under the rule of Sylvanas after Helya's death (part of their deal?/Helya making sure the Helarjar remain a thing after her death)
    In 7.2 warrior campaign we pick Helya's horn in Hellheim and since then Odyn command her minions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In 7.2 warrior campaign we pick Helya's horn in Hellheim and since then Odyn command her minions.
    That's right... I feel bad I forgot about this since my Warrior is my main...

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    No we dont. Stop wasting dev time =P
    Personal opinions asides, if we don't get a new race with 8.0... Then we'll have around eight years of expansions without any new races. We've gotten another class since Mists, it's time for another race.

I just really want naga. x'D

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Nah my Reddit username is different so that ain't me. Said in this thread or another that my buddy that worked at Blizzard as a CSR (or GM in-game) got shitcanned for giving me the deets on Legion 2 days before it was announced at GamesCom. To add to my saltiness, my main WoW account got banned (after Rod Rigole from their legal team threatened me). I found it funny because there's botters and other exploiters and they get temp-bans but I leak some info and I get perma-banned. *shrug* Oh well, shit happens.

I'm in the dark as everyone else is now. I did know about WoD and Legion before they were announced but only spilled the beans on Legion cuz I thought WoD sucked. Thus far, I can tell you there is a planned WoW announcement at BlizzCon. One could surmise it's the new expac. Either way we'll find out soon enough thru LOLWTFBBQ copyrighted names that MMO-C likes to print.
    Look, as cool as your leak was for us strangers on the internet, your buddy deserved t9 get "shitcanned" if he broke the terms of his working contract. No fucking shit leaking a business' secrets can get their random peons in trouble, did you expect a gigh five from blizzard?

Sorry for typos, on phone
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-08-20 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    They are not even the same race lmao.. you need somw lore man. Dont give me the big humans with beards argument!
    The lore... where humans are literally just runty Vrykul?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    Personal opinions asides, if we don't get a new race with 8.0... Then we'll have around eight years of expansions without any new races. We've gotten another class since Mists, it's time for another race.

I just really want naga. x'D
    Did you forget what came with the monk?

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Eight years without no races would be more than a little ridiculous.
    Agreed. And it's looking more and more like our "new race" are actually going to be sub-races or extra customization... which is unacceptable, imo.

If SoE could add a new race, a new class, and new character models for ALL of their previous races in ONE expansion, so can Blizzard. I understand that EQ is a very old game, but they had 12 races before the expansion that released all of the above, and while the playerbase was split between loving and hating the new models, they were objectively much better quality than the previous ones. Blizzard updated... nine races, I think, by the start of WoD and added in the tenth a patch in, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, if we do get sub-races, I really hope they come with model updates for Worgen and Goblin. :U

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Did you forget what came with the monk?
    Notice how I said "since Mists". Everything I said is 100% factual. If we don't get a new race in 8.0, then it'll be at least eight years of content (2012-2020, assuming 8.0 releases in 2018) before another possible race.
    Last edited by GenericDragon; 2017-08-20 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post

Notice how I said "since Mists". Everything I said is 100% factual. If we don't get a new race in 8.0, then it'll be at least eight years (2012-2020, assuming 8.0 releases in 2018) before another possible race.
    Okay, then I'll go with another approach: What's so bad about that? I'll take a new class over a new race anyday, since a new race adds very little to the actual gameplay. Sure, customization is nice, but in the end people care more about their Main-Tank being a Demon Hunter or Death Knight, rather than him being a Tauren or a Vrykul.

I think that specfically comes down to personal preference, but new races are much easier mechanically to add to the game for the reasons you just stated.

Some people feel that new races add a level of diversity and depth to the game. New classes do as well, but are also impactful on balance and it can be hard to create original mechanics (Demon Hunter required gutting a lock spec and still only came out with two specs).

Although a new healer or ranged dps that wears mail or cloth would be cool.
    Yeah, I completely get that. And it's fine if one is bummed out about that when there is no new race. But pushing this topic up to "Blizzard, ffs, this is unacceptable!" is just ridiculous.

I am just excited for whatever is next!

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The main problem of no flying is huge ass mountains that take hours to ride around.
    Agreed. Honestly, for all that people love to hate Vashj'ir (personally loved it), highmountain, draenor Nagrand and the like are so much more obnoxious imo.

I guess it varies from person to person. It's reaching "unacceptable" (as you put it) for me, but I'm also not the type of person to publicly declare my own preferences as the way things must be.

New races have always been the thing I look forward to most in an expansion, so not seeing them introduced for eight years would be more than a little upsetting.

Would I quit the game over it? I doubt it.

It doesn't change the fact that it's starting to feel as though what used to be some people's favorite aspect of expansions are now being overlooked.
    Well, you can't please everyone. And I think Blizzard has accepted that fact a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Yeah, I completely get that. And it's fine if one is bummed out about that when there is no new race. But pushing this topic up to "Blizzard, ffs, this is unacceptable!" is just ridiculous.
    I'm with Deldramar. But I understand that it's also opinion. I think it's getting ridiculous, as I've personally always preferred new races over new classes. I enjoy seeing new classes too, but seeing as I've wanted naga (or some other reptilian race) in this game to be playable, yeah I'm going to feel that way.

Highmountain did a good job of mitigating it with tons of flight paths
    That is true enough, it could have been much worse. Still, I will take an underwater zone without improved mechanics over a mountainous zone any day. Draenor Nagrand was awful for me.

I'm not saying that they should be trying to do everything every expansion. I just feel that one or two new races every four to six years isn't a ridiculous expectation.

We could very well be getting one in 8.0, but if we don't, it'll (for me) be the biggest possible let down. I know other people focus on other features and I respect that; personally that's one of the most defining features of an expansion in my eyes.
    It will be the biggest possible let down for me. :P Mostly because if we don't get naga in 8.0, it's very unlikely that we'll ever get them. And I find it to be a crying shame if we don't. I was never all that excited about sub-races anyways (unless we get nightborne elves, I'd be okay with that), so if that's all we get, it's going to kind of suck.

I probably won't quit, not fully, but it's still gunna be a blow.

I guess it varies from person to person. It's reaching "unacceptable" (as you put it) for me, but I'm also not the type of person to publicly declare my own preferences as the way things must be.

New races have always been the thing I look forward to most in an expansion, so not seeing them introduced for eight years would be more than a little upsetting.

Would I quit the game over it? I doubt it.

It doesn't change the fact that it's starting to feel as though what used to be some people's favorite aspect of expansions are now being overlooked.
    I feel this way 100%. As an altoholic and RPer, a new race is what I look forward to the most. I don't even care if the new race has a new starting zone. I realize my feelings aren't the majority, but a new race is literally all I care about, everything else in an expansion is just bonus.
    At this point, I'd settle for them adding races to the cash shop even if I had to pay as much as an expansion to unlock each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I feel this way 100%. As an altoholic and RPer, a new race is what I look forward to the most. I don't even care if the new race has a new starting zone. I realize my feelings aren't the majority, but a new race is literally all I care about, everything else in an expansion is just bonus.
    At this point, I'd settle for them adding races to the cash shop even if I had to pay as much as an expansion to unlock each one.
    Honestly, this. I just don't see them ever doing this since it wouldn't really fit lore-wise (and people would probably have a cow about them being on the store), even if it would be cool.