Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    and yet you said 'void' originally.

I've only seen 'void' spells tied to shadow priest players and certain story characters. Now, yes, every void damage spell is shadow damage but it seems that shadow magic and void magic aren't actually the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really... When you're stealth, you're just stealth, you do not use any magic. Even the icon shows that's something like camoufalge.

Source of that please. I only see shadow magic for shadowblade and shadowstep and that's all.
    shadows and void are the same thing. gloom blade, goremaw's bite, that sub dot that slows, the damage buff/energy restore ability you use while stealthed, cloak of shadows, and stealth itself.

stealth isn't just camo, "Conceals you in the shadows until cancelled, allowing you to stalk enemies without being seen." is the direct quote of the tool tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Death, void, and shadow have multiple references for themselves existing, all use the classification 'shadow'. But we don't have death knights or rogues noted for 'void' magic. Hell, prior to legion there were exactly zero references to void magic among the playable characters and rogues themselves were in a grey area for 'magical' ability (as in they didn't have anything for the longest until they finally got certain QoL skills baseline).

I can accapt that void = shadow if there were some real final say on it that wasn't just fan theory. As it stands... I can only see it as separate entities using the same classification for the purposes of game mechanics. Similar to why druids have 2 schools of 'nature' magic (one being arcane) so they don't get fucked over because of an interrupt.
    it's void, because we can look to shadow priests next patch.

all of their spells use "shadow" magic, yet they get whispers with every one, just like void.

i thought there was a difference for a while, but now it's clear that shadow is just a more religious idea of the void.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Can we finally stop calling DKs evil?

Scourge death knights are evil,ebon blade death knights aren't.They were built as evil killing machines against their will but turned themselves against that.The whole point of the ebon blade is that they're not evil anymore,even the Forsaken do more fucked up shit nowadays
    Actually Ebon Blade DeathKnights still thrive on suffering and are perfectly fine committing Evil deeds for a greater purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, tinkers are coming to save the day.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Actually Ebon Blade DeathKnights still thrive on suffering and are perfectly fine committing Evil deeds for a greater purpose.
    if they're committed for a greater purpose, in the name of the greater good, then only the act is evil. the person doing it isn't, because their intentions are pure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Tinker, Dragonsworn, Runemaster they are all fairly neutral.

Dragonsworn. Jesus Christ, if you wanna play Skyrim then just...play Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    shadows and void are the same thing. gloom blade, goremaw's bite, that sub dot that slows, the damage buff/energy restore ability you use while stealthed, cloak of shadows, and stealth itself.

stealth isn't just camo, "Conceals you in the shadows until cancelled, allowing you to stalk enemies without being seen." is the direct quote of the tool tip.
    You can note that they're all classified as shadow but that's not proving that they are void...

Nightblade: infects the target with shadowy energy
    Goremaw's Bite... well isn't the rogue's ability but the weapon they're using (also is based on the fact that it's a poisoned fang from a demon if I remember correctly)
    Gloomblade: talent, but still an ever present form of...
    Shadow Blades: Draws upon surrounding shadows to empower your weapons
    Cloak and stealth have no indicators of spell school mechanically or within their descriptions. The devs have implied magic and at the same time more mundane

Now... the fact remains that Shadow and void may not actually be the same source in a way that Starfire and Arcane bolt are both 'arcane'

Scourge death knights are evil,ebon blade death knights aren't.They were built as evil killing machines against their will but turned themselves against that.The whole point of the ebon blade is that they're not evil anymore,even the Forsaken do more fucked up shit nowadays
    I assume u haven't played DK this expansion, we do some pretty evil stuff under command of bolvar

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think many people actually pay enough attention to which class uses good magic, which uses evil, and which uses neutral. Especially considering that the player is playing a "good" character due to the story regardless of which class you're playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The classes in each faction don't really fall into good or evil camp for me, more like necessities

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    I assume u haven't played DK this expansion, we do some pretty evil stuff under command of bolvar
    I did,and to me it's just bad writing,as it shits over everything that happened in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    they don't thrive on suffering,they are addicted to it.it's like a crack addict,they don't like taking crack,but they need it,if they don't have their fix they'll feel mentally and physically ill

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Vertigo View Post
    Dragonsworn. Jesus Christ, if you wanna play Skyrim then just...play Skyrim.
    Are you crazy? There is no class currently in-game linked to dragons and this would be a fresh new addition. A mail wearing hero class wielding polearms and draconic powers.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-20 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I haven't misunderstood, we're talking alignment?

Like, holy vs. unholy?

If so, the obvious neutral would be nature.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

After you do the class campaign. Spoilers, DKs are murdering, and traitorous bastards!

As a warlock, im just more concerned where we fall next xpac after we rid the cosmos of demons lol. Who will be my pet then?!

Like someone said, DKs arent evil, nor are demon hunters who just made a lot of sacrifices because they understood what they needed to do to even compete with the demons. I wouldn't call rogues evil or dark as much as id call them opportunists. Shadow priests and warlocks are really the ones who walk that line of evil dabbling in shit they probably shouldn't be as the things they do could easily get out of control if they are not strong enough. I think what they do however is often looked over since, like demon hunters, it may be shady but its beneficial to the fight. That whole "enemy of my enemy" thing.

Are you crazy? There is no class currently in-game linked to dragons and this would be a fresh new addition. A mail wearing hero class wielding polearms and draconic powers.
    It's offtopic but please:

No more Melees.

All 3 new classes have been Melee only with a Tank spec, try to balance the already existing classes / specs rather than introducing new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, if I haven't misunderstood, we're talking alignment?

Like, holy vs. unholy?

If so, the obvious neutral would be nature.
    Maybe in DnD but not here in WoW - we have a clearer picture now that Chronicle is out. Nature - also called Life, Arcane and Holy are on the good spectrum.

While in Forgotten Realms for example a druid is neutral - this role is filled by the Shaman in WoW - as seen in the Chronicle only the Elements are neutral but nature/life magic is not - it is good aligned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's offtopic but please:

No more Melees.

All 3 new classes have been Melee only with a Tank spec, try to balance the already existing classes / specs rather than introducing new ones.
    Necromancer is also on the horizon apart from the 3 I mentioned earlier. DKs are actually the ideas of runemaster, necromancer and the original dk mixed together.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-20 at 11:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if they're committed for a greater purpose, in the name of the greater good, then only the act is evil. the person doing it isn't, because their intentions are pure.
    I said greater purpose, not greater good. I chose that word for a reason.

Necromancer is also on the horizon apart from the 3 I mentioned earlier. DKs are actually the ideas of runemaster, necromancer and the original dk mixed together.
    They've been reinforcing the idea of necromancy & diseases into Dk, i do not believe there's room for a Necromancer unless they remove Unholy from DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in DnD but not here in WoW - we have a clearer picture now that Chronicle is out. Nature - also called Life, Arcane and Holy are on the good spectrum.

While in Forgotten Realms for example a druid is neutral - this role is filled by the Shaman in WoW - as seen in the Chronicle only the Elements are neutral but nature/life magic is not - it is good aligned.
    Sadly, I cannot currently afford the chronicles, so don't know the map fully.

As well, wouldn't neutral just be generally 'non' magic then? I don't really see rogues as an alignment to shadow.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

it's void, because we can look to shadow priests next patch.

all of their spells use "shadow" magic, yet they get whispers with every one, just like void.

i thought there was a difference for a while, but now it's clear that shadow is just a more religious idea of the void.
    Void is blue and goey, as of 7.3 and comes from the void directly and thus has the inherent risk of insanity.

Shadow is just a darker arcane source, primarily from the realm of the shadowlands, it has nothing to do with the void and is used by death knights, necromancers, warlocks and rogues. Go read the chronicle books before making statements like this, only reason shadow priests spells do shadow damage is because we dont have void damage types in game.

Hell shadow priests should be renamed to void priests at this point, they have nothing to do with shadow magic anymore after the direction blizzard took em in.