Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    If light and radiation and matter (ie:ships, demons) can go through the portal then you'd think we'd be experiencing gravitational effects from Argus too then.

I mean, as long as we're trying to rationalize it here lol.
    Portals have filters on them to control what can go through and what can't. Removing the liquid filter on a portal made underwater is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    A booboo implies a mistake, he knew exactly what he was doing.
    I know but most Illidan do, is considered shit by many. Haha. The fact that we haven't had more often attacks is amazing. The door is open, the Legion is technically able to cruise through.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do people really think it's anything more than A. a lazy mistake or B. some ridiculous limitation like a skybox only having 4 textures or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It was something I did in 10 seconds to get the basic idea across. If you want to be nitpicky, feel free to draw a more accurate picture.
    It's not a matter of inaccurate picture.
    Kokolums simply pointed out the weak points of your theory.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    The stars align! Fear their portents!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it going away after this expansion though? I goddamn well hope so!!!

People throwing "mistake" around a lot in here. That implies they intended to do something but made a blunder when doing so. The reality is probably that a lot less effort was intentionally put into Argus showing in the sky than people are making out.

Deleted
    I didn't know the thing with the portal. I thought he pulled the planet towards Azeroth. That shit is never explained.

If light and radiation and matter (ie:ships, demons) can go through the portal then you'd think we'd be experiencing gravitational effects from Argus too then.

The laws of physics are different in Azeroth which is why a gnome tank can take a hit from a 200 foot tall monster and not be obliterated or at the very least thrown 2000 miles.

Physics kinda lose meaning when you're dealing with a blatantly magic object like this portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I didn't know the thing with the portal. I thought he pulled the planet towards Azeroth. That shit is never explained.
    It's not explained, but shown. The post-KJ cinematic makes it pretty clear that Illidan is opening a giant portal, not shoving planets around.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Actually, it might have been as you said - the whole planet was "portaled" and the portal was closed. I imagine that if we saw Argus through the portal then we would see the portal itself and the space around Argus as well. Note that on the screens from Argus (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-24473) you can't see the portal anywhere either.

Or, as Trickname suggested, Blizzard simply didn't think too much about it and "forgot" to draw the portal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not explained, but shown. The post-KJ cinematic makes it pretty clear that Illidan is opening a giant portal, not shoving planets around.
    And the portal could have been created big enough and "moved over" the planet.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Deleted
    True, but I thought that portal just brought them back. When you look in the sky now, you don't see a portal, you just see the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Actually, it might have been as you said - the whole planet was "portaled" and the portal was closed. I imagine that if we saw Argus through the portal then we would see the portal itself and the space around Argus as well. Note that on the screens from Argus (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-24473) you can't see the portal anywhere either.

Or, as Trickname suggested, Blizzard simply didn't think too much about it and "forgot" to draw the portal.

- - - Updated - - -

And the portal could have been created big enough and "moved over" the planet.
    Or that. I really don't know.

No, it's an open portal. Otherwise tidal forces would be ripping Argus and Azeroth apart right now. If they don't collide first.

The portal itself isn't visible, but he is never shown closing it, and nobody does anything to bring Argus through.

If you can see it, your eye receives electromagnetic field oscillations - a light, photons. It would be reasonable to presume that gravity also passed through the portal the same way. With that effective distance between the two planets the tidal force should be huge, resulting in a tearing apart the Azeroth's planet crust. Volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis. GG Azeroth.

That was the KJ's secret plan. Good job Illidan.

Well while you are at it, try rationalizing magic, people turning into cats and bears, and animals that can talk lol

No, it's an open portal. Otherwise tidal forces would be ripping Argus and Azeroth apart right now. If they don't collide first.

The portal itself isn't visible, but he is never shown closing it, and nobody does anything to bring Argus through.
    I think you are trying to apply too much real world physics to a fantasy world ruled by magic.

The portal is visible, you can see it pretty well on the cinematic. Of course we can assume that it grew so big that it's taking the whole sky so everything we see up there is the Argus' space.

Until blizzard confirms one of the versions we can only speculate.

You're all literally arguing about two .png files overlapping. There's no reason for it, it just happens because of the way the skybox works, they probably would never overlap if they recoded the whole thing from scratch but since Argus probably won't stick around in the skybox post 7.3, there was no reason to do anything but attach a png file.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're all literally arguing about two .png files overlapping. There's no reason for it, it just happens because of the way the skybox works, they probably would never overlap if they recoded the whole thing from scratch but since Argus probably won't stick around in the skybox post 7.3, there was no reason to do anything but attach a png file.
    Overlapping .blp files you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're all literally arguing about two .png files overlapping. There's no reason for it
    Yes.

But practically every discussion about WoW is in its base a discussion about pixels or letters (story). And the whole forum, on which we are now, was created for such unreasonable discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    If you can see it, your eye receives electromagnetic field oscillations - a light, photons. It would be reasonable to presume that gravity also passed through the portal the same way. With that effective distance between the two planets the tidal force should be huge, resulting in a tearing apart the Azeroth's planet crust. Volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis. GG Azeroth.

That was the KJ's secret plan. Good job Illidan.
    Portals can be set to let solid matter, but not liquids, through. Letting them pass light but not gravity should be doable.