Poll: Batman or Superman?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Hiding godlike powers for funsies is more relatable than having a secret you don't want others to know?
    He said "...as a person".

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since I was a kid, Batman appealed more to me than most other superheroes. Even the bad guys were more appealing imo.

Batman by a huge margin, Superman is kinda shallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman because Supes is super lame.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, I'm no closer to being a billionaire-ninja-supergenius orphan with PTSD than I am to being an actual alien with Superpowers...so I don't really find either one of them very relatable.

Clark Kent, as a person, is more relatable than Bruce Wayne.
    there is still a chance that someone win a lottery, and his parents die while they were taking him out for cinema, and train brutally
    but there is 0 chance that u are born alien in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    there is still a chance that someone win a lottery, and his parents die while they were taking him out for cinema, and train brutally
    but there is 0 chance that u are born alien in first place
    That just covers "Orphan with PTSD" and "Billionaire" (assuming the lottery was for a billion dollars). It doesn't cover mastering every fighting style on earth and obtaining PHD+ levels of education in every field of science in less than 15 years.

Superman is just a lame cheesy character.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Hiding godlike powers for funsies is more relatable than having a secret you don't want others to know?
    I was talking about Clark Kent as a person. He's got a regular job, he has to pay his rent every month, etc. Bruce Wayne has none of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And one of my favorite things of Batman, he has a back up plan against every other hero.

And as the meme goes, he even has a back up plan for when he doesn't have a plan, plan.
    He has a plan for when he doesn't have a back up plan for when his plan fails because his backup plan failed becasue he couldn't use his plan.

OT: I personally like Batman more, becasue unlike Superman, he has more than one weakness."Oh hey, you're trying to kill me? Yeah, good luck with that. OH NO, A GREEN SPACE CRSYTAL, MY ONLY WEAKNESSSS, NNNOOOO!"
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    He has a plan for when he doesn't have a back up plan for when his plan fails because his backup plan failed becasue he couldn't use his plan.

OT: I personally like Batman more, becasue unlike Superman, he has more than one weakness."Oh hey, you're trying to kill me? Yeah, good luck with that. OH NO, A GREEN SPACE CRSYTAL, MY ONLY WEAKNESSSS, NNNOOOO!"
    Somehow, there's 22 types of kryptonite in total, in his 'lore'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Somehow, there's 22 types of kryptonite in total, in his 'lore'.
    I did not know that, not really read super hero comics beyond Spiderman when I was a kid.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I did not know that, not really read super hero comics beyond Spiderman when I was a kid.
    Nor did I know. Just when you mentioned 'green rocks' it just popped to me and got me curious how many. Heh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wasnt a kryptonite who turned superman gay?

Pretty much agree with what a lot of people have said.

Superman is such an impossible character to like because his flaws are all artificial. He's a supreme, unkillable god that needs artificially introduced mechanics to make him interesting again. You have to wait for the plot to give you something to worry about.

Batman, on the other hand, is a supremely flawed character that has had to work to make more of himself. There's always a component of danger even when nothing is happening.

Superman may be born mary sue, but man do the writers push batman into mary sue.

Beings that can destroy planets yet somehow Batman can always fight them?

I don't like either of them.

Last comic I enjoyed reading was Spawn, but sadly that is among one of the worst adaptations ever shit out by Hollywood.

Edit: You know thinking about I also enjoyed Fantastic Four comic (especially the whole Reid Richards vs Dr Doom aspect, they were so enjoyable). Yet again a fuck awful adaptation. Why can't Hollywood get any of the comics I like right .
    Last edited by bledgor; 2017-08-20 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superman is like the most boring super hero ever.

Deleted
    batman got better villans i mean joker nuff said. also a more sinister tone to the comics and series and movies

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Even when he's been de-powered, he still fights for what's right.
    That's a huge distinction from someone that has never had powers.

Tankman > Superman.

Bit of an odd question, you should've asked which one each person prefers rather than which is actually more popular.

I think it's pretty obvious Batman is more popular these days.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Batman is more popular.

Probably because he is just a normal person.
    Well I wouldn't call him normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Superman is like the most boring super hero ever.
    The funny thing is that the original Superman was wildly popular because he was a straight up fun escapist fantasy figure and basically anything could happen in each issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Superman is boring just like Thor their enemies are what keep me reading not them.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The funny thing is that the original Superman was wildly popular because he was a straight up fun escapist fantasy figure and basically anything could happen in each issue.
    When Superheroes were a new thing he was really succesfull yeah but people grew tired of the invincible and perfect heroes so when Stan Lee started creating more humane heroes with flaws but a good heart (like Spider-man) heroes like Superman started to lose their appeal.