Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    SO he is telling German Turks to not go vote for Turk representatives to the parliament so that his power projection becomes even weaker. That's a win for Germans I guess?
    they are not entitled to vote in some turks, unless those turks are also germans by naturalization or else.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok
    there is still the problem why you would need "special" representatives. if you are eligible to vote, you are also german and expected to care for germany first, not for politics in grandparent's home region.

Erdogan can shove it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Hypocrisy is not a strong enough word to describe Erdogan.

However, I do wonder who Turks with German citizenship that care for Erdogan actually would vote for.
    Erm, it's worse. He's not calling Germans in Turkey not to vote for them. He's speaking to German citizens telling them to not vote for certain parties. This isn't even close to comparable. This is quite outrageous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Not quite. the CDH and SPD were relatively close earlier on but right now the CDH has a 15 point advantage over the SPD.

Because that son of a bitch has us by the balls and he knows it. Beyond the millions of turks in Europe that care what he has to say Erdogan also is the one that controls the refugee land route to Europe. We had to bribe the bastard for him to close it in 2016 to the tune of billions.

Also he controls access to the Black Sea.
    CDU. It's CDU. Sorry, nitpicking here, but really... it's CDU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Erm, it's worse. He's not calling Germans in Turkey not to vote for them. He's speaking to German citizens telling them to not vote for certain parties. This isn't even close to comparable. This is quite outrageous.
    Really ? I wouldn't worry too much about a YES men favoring head of state like Erdogan. Where will Turkey be in 5 years ? Better of worse ? Erdogans politics don't make it look like, the government is having a game plan for the future. Just like Russia, Turkey is living for the next day. Yes, they do and say outrageous stuff, but where are their countrys heading ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Really ? I wouldn't worry too much about a YES men favoring head of state like Erdogan. Where will Turkey be in 5 years ? Better of worse ? Erdogans politics don't make it look like, the government is having a game plan for the future. Just like Russia, Turkey is living for the next day. Yes, they do and say outrageous stuff, but where are their countrys heading ?
    I'm not worried at all. I'm outraged at the cheek of that dude... I know I'll never vote for any party that supports Turkey in the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account

CDU. It's CDU. Sorry, nitpicking here, but really... it's CDU.
    Probably my bad and took over what i used, french speaking christian democrats are called CDH here, bound to get all these names mixed up at one point, CDH, CDU,CDnV....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not worried at all. I'm outraged at the cheek of that dude... I know I'll never vote for any party that supports Turkey in the EU.
    As i posted earlier, it really is not going to impact anything. At best this is a distraction from german reporters being held in Turkey. I would say that is far worse and equal are the terms he laid out to free them, meaning releasing NATO soldiers in his custody that supposedly aided in the coup with no proof, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Probably my bad and took over what i used, french speaking christian democrats are called CDH here, bound to get all these names mixed up at one point, CDH, CDU,CDnV....

- - - Updated - - -

As i posted earlier, it really is not going to impact anything. At best this is a distraction from german reporters being held in Turkey. I would say that is far worse and equal are the terms he laid out to free them, meaning releasing NATO soldiers in his custody that supposedly aided in the coup with no proof, among other things.
    I assumed you were talking about a different branch. No biggie.

He's really way out of line in almost everything he says. I don't like living in times where the Johnssons, Trumps, Putins and Erdogan can get away with the bullshit they're spreading. I'll be glad when this phase is over and people return to reasonable thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Hypocrisy is not a strong enough word to describe Erdogan.

However, I do wonder who Turks with German citizenship that care for Erdogan actually would vote for.
    Not vote at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's the point of that? It's like all Mexicans being asked to vote neither for Trump nor for Hillary, doesn't change anything at all about the fact that only one of those two can win, any other outcome is a mathematical impossibility.

He didn't really think that through before he said it, did he?
    Germany does not have a 2-party system, you know this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    there are multiple parties in germany, but he ruled out almost all parties with his "requests".
    in the long run it could lead to a somewhat hung parliament, because you have so many parties seated you cannot build a government from it.
    It cannot, even if all people he addressed this to (1 million) voted for some made up party that would hardly matter with 61 million voters.
    This is wholly for the benefit of his own electorate whom he tries to get to vote for him by creating the illusion of enemies of Turkey being everywhere and him being the only one who can save them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    German Turks inform themselves on German politics via Turkish media, and that's the result - they abstain from the election. Now I think that's a bad idea, since daily politics will affect them just like the rest of us.
    They don't, they told Erdogan to kindly fuck off and don't lecture them on democracy nor to tell them whom to vote for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And why the fuck should Europe give two shits what special snowflake Erdogan says?
    Erdogan is doing this for his voters at home, to make them feel threathened by foreign powers so they vote for him to save them.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

Germany does not have a 2-party system, you know this, right?

well, technically it is. no government was formed in decades without CDU or SPD in lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't think he cares for anything but his votes at home so he can become sultan, all this is just for the benefits of his electorate at home whom he tries to sell his conspiracy theories to.
    Just look how he now tries to get even more hostages by asking Spain to extradite a German citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

well, technically it is. no government was formed in decades without CDU or SPD in lead.
    No government was formed in decades without a coalition.
    It is not a two party system, even small parties get a say in the process because it relies on forming coalitions thus forcing bigger parties to adopt points from smaller ones so they can collect enough seats to govern.

Try "since WW2".

Try "since WW2".
    How many times did one of those two get to rule without having to rely on a coalition?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How many times did one of those two get to rule without having to rely on a coalition?
    Never. But that's an academic question, since Erdogan didn't just talk about those two. He pretty much listed every major party, didn't he? Basically, all that was missing was him to create a subsidiary of his own Turkish party in Germany and telling them to vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Which I thought was obvious. The larger German parties all have German Turks to try and ply the Turkish vote. If the Turks in Germany don't vote, those representatives won't make it to parliament and ethnic Germans or of other ethnicites will.
    That is not how it works in Germany as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Never. But that's an academic question, since Erdogan didn't just talk about those two. He pretty much listed every major party, didn't he? Basically, all that was missing was him to create a subsidiary of his own Turkish party in Germany and telling them to vote for him.
    Even if he got all people with Turkish roots to vote for that party he wouldn't even beat the FDP let alone get into the parliament.

Deleted
    So what do Germans think about their fellow Germans with Turk roots? Is it their fault to see Erdogan as a more authentic politician than the German ones? Do they still see themselves rather as Turk than German?

I am so excited to see the racist tendencies hidden come to light before any German party gets told to cater just a little bit more towards that German-Turk group of potential voters.

Deleted
    I mean, Erdogan throwing hissy fits because someone doesn't like him isn't exactly something new. With that said, I doubt that a significant - or relevant - amount of people are still taking them seriously, let alone are influenced by them. The CDU etc. will be fine.

Even if he got all people with Turkish roots to vote for that party he wouldn't even beat the FDP let alone get into the parliament.
    Well, yes, the 5% limit makes it a bit difficult for them. Which is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    So what do Germans think about their fellow Germans with Turk roots? Is it their fault to see Erdogan as a more authentic politician than the German ones? Do they still see themselves rather as Turk than German?

I am so excited to see the racist tendencies hidden come to light before any German party gets told to cater just a little bit more towards that German-Turk group of potential voters.
    Most Turks that I meet seem to be either Erdogan fanatics or quite indifferent to politics and religion in general. Driving a big Benz seems to be on their minds mostly.

German parties shouldn't cater the Turkish minority more than they deserve. A "we're all Germans and we include the Turkish descendants that are now German citizens." really sums up the extent to which they should go.

Deleted
    They don't, they told Erdogan to kindly fuck off and don't lecture them on democracy nor to tell them whom to vote for.
    Remember the results of the referendum. That's how German Turks voted:

http://www.rp-online.de/politik/ausl...-aid-1.6759554

The majority backs the homie in Turkey. Doesn't make the populace living here loyal puppets, as it won't make a lower participation by German Turks in the election a big surprise.

In the end, big ado about nothing. Greens and SPD might get fewer votes, Erdogan gets his Turks upset over nothing, and Angela continues being Bundeskanzlerin.