Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The same as in both are ignorate as fuck.

Deleted
    It's pretty much the same, and both statements are obviously nonsense. Generalizations like that are bad.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-20 at 04:08 PM.

Yes. All broad generalizations like that are stupid, because the real world isn't black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    It's pretty much the same, and both statements are obviously nonsense. Generalisations like that are bad.
    Yeah, the catch is that nobody claimed the former, but plenty of alt-righters claimed the latter, and the forum is proof of that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Or, it would be if you could cite any high profile person claiming the entirety of the right-wing is fascists.
    I don't think "high profile person" is relevant when the behavior can be explicitly witnessed by observing its enforcers.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I don't think "high profile person" is relevant when the behavior can be explicitly witnessed by observing its enforcers.
    What? Who are "the enforcers" in this scenario? What the fuck does that even have to do with the claim?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, the catch is that nobody claimed the former, but plenty of alt-righters claimed the latter, and the forum is proof of that.
    I don't really feel like the latter is objectively happening (much) more than the former, but I am of course open to being proven wrong.
    That said, it does not really change my statement either way as I made no judgement regarding the frequency - but merely stated that both are wrong if happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    centralized government? severe economic regimentation? does that sound right wing to you?
    Yes.

The whole "less government"-thing is generally a centrist position.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Who are "the enforcers" in this scenario? What the fuck does that even have to do with the claim?
    The claim is that calling all Muslims terrorists is the equivalent of calling all right-wingers fascists.

The enforcers are the people with either ideology.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Oh, yeah, of course "you" can't POSSIBLY be in reference to 'YOU', or to 'people like YOU', it HAS to be in reference to ALL right-wingers.

Does anyone have a pic of a quadruple facepalm? I think it's merited in this case.
    Oh shut up... I was talking about people that say "you all", "you lot", etc. i.e. - broad generalisation when they're talking to ANY right-winger, and relating all them all as fascists. Such people are hypocrites.

As someone has already mentioned, this forum has plenty of nut jobs on both sides...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-20 at 04:20 PM.

The claim is that calling all Muslims terrorists is the equivalent of calling all right-wingers fascists.

The enforcers are the people with either ideology.
    And? There are high-profile people claiming the former, and basically nobody except anarchists claiming the latter.

Notice how the narrative is staring to change. The left had an advantage and went too far like they always do and blew it. Everyone forgot about the 200 Nazis spread across the nation and realize that the far left is much bigger and just as dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? There are high-profile people claiming the former, and basically nobody except anarchists claiming the latter.
    That's not what the thread is about.
    Google Diversity Memo

That's not what the thread is about.
    The thread is asking if the claims are equal. Sure, they are. The problem is we have high-profile people claiming the former, and the second claim seems pulled from someone's ass.

It's a bit like saying "Sure, the alt-right says Hitler did nothing wrong, but the left says Lenin did nothing wrong!" No they fucking don't. I've literally never heard that outside alt-right people claiming the left says this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread is asking if the claims are equal. Sure, they are. The problem is we have high-profile people claiming the former, and the second claim seems pulled from someone's ass.

It's a bit like saying "Sure, the alt-right says Hitler did nothing wrong, but the left says Lenin did nothing wrong!" No they fucking don't. I've literally never heard that outside alt-right people claiming the left says this.
    Good thing that it's not my point, nor that I've said something remotely similar to this.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Oh shut up... I was talking about people that say "you all", "you lot", etc. i.e. - broad generalisation when they're talking to ANY right-winger, and relating all them all as fascists. Such people are hypocrites.

As someone has already mentioned, this forum has plenty of nut jobs on both sides...
    And clearly at least ONE mind-reader, namely you. since you know that people mean "all right-wingers" whenever they say "You" or "You all" or "You lot". Because there is no way that they mean "people like you who hold the views you do". Nono, all right-wingers hold the same views, isn't that so...

I don't think all right wingers are fascists or racists. However most right wingers I'm aware of refuse to acknowledge that these neo Nazis and fascists are hardcore trump supporters. Trump has empowered them. And Trump is the candidate most right wingers support. So when the president hesitates to denounce them and the supporters attack antifa instead of the radical fringes of their own party, it's insane

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    And clearly at least ONE mind-reader, namely you. since you know that people mean "all right-wingers" whenever they say "You" or "You all" or "You lot". Because there is no way that they mean "people like you who hold the views you do". Nono, all right-wingers hold the same views, isn't that so...
    You know what? I couldn't give a damn in the end of the day, you're just here looking for an argument over something so trivial in this pathetic nit-picking of yours, just because.

Good thing that it's not my point, nor that I've said something remotely similar to this.
    But my point is that this whole thing is a red-herring. Yes, obviously, these two statements would be functionally similar, but bringing it up is simply a distraction from the fact that the former case actually happens and the latter case is bullshit pulled from someone's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mopkins View Post
    most right wingers I'm aware of refuse to acknowledge that these neo Nazis and fascists are hardcore trump supporters. Trump has empowered them. And Trump is the candidate most right wingers support. So when the president hesitates to denounce them and the supporters attack antifa instead of the radical fringes of their own party, it's insane
    Republicans have, for decades now, specifically targeted bigots and morons for the votes they can't outright steal. It's called the Southern Strategy.

Ken Mehlman, lifetime conservative, Bush Jr.s former campaign manager and Chairman of the RNC, held several large meetings with African-American business, community, and religious leaders. When asked about the strategy of using race as an issue to build GOP dominance in the once-Democratic South, Mehlman replied,

"Republican candidates often have prospered by ignoring black voters and even by exploiting racial tensions," and, "by the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African-American community. Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization."
    Once again the right-wingers have the blood of innocent US citizens on their hands and they continue to cheer on their inbred turnip god-king. Some publicly, some privately, but you better believe they are all grinning ear to ear after succeeding in their destructive strategy.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov