Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Managed to get first place four times in a row.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I love it.

It made me realize that i need more dark mog pieces.
    Waaaaay more.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Fun little element; terrible, terrible rewards.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why is this event only once per year? It's about the only thing that's fun in Legion.

It should be monthly and have more old transmog sets as rewards. Like the removed defias set or the old scholomance sets...

I've gotten first place three times on my level 13 to level 20 characters, it's fun.

I have no idea how does it work that often among "top 3" are the people who completely don't match the theme, like:
    - slutmog in winter wear
    - no tabard in tabard theme
    - wrong colour in "epic purple" (saw a blue guy in there)

never had mismatched mayhem but indeed a full set should not win that

it must be indeed that people vote for worst crap in hopes the "best guy" will not end above them... I actually won one with "champions of the light" having random yellow mog as hunter, second place was some teal guy with no "light" thematic and 3rd place was the epitome of "champion of the light" paladin with the most paladinic transmog... so people deliberately are like "yeah this guy looks like the only champion of the light among the 6... let's NOT vote for him", makes sense? I expected him to win tbh.

Also the worst experience was when the theme was actually "fun and flirty" so I put some slutmog, only time I justified using one, and I was the only one wearing a slutmog and I got flamed for it in the party chat? People told me "go to therapy" and some racist slurs... wtf?

Ah yeah, and not even mentioning duo-que or more from the same guild, or people saying in chat who should we vote for (probably their friend).

I agree with the notion maybe contestants and voters should be 2 different groups, because vote trading, voting worst mog to up your chances and so forth should not be a thing.

And I agree it's extremely hard to win as gnome / goblin because they're so small and hard to see mog on them. I tried on 4 chars of 4 different armor types, gnome, dwarf, panda and draenei, and gnome had it the hardest to rank by far, despite themes being in my favour more than when I was on other chars.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-08-20 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    People voting for crappy transmogs so they theirs has a better chance.
    100% , seeing this pretty consistently

Deleted
    Every minute of developer time spent on this thing was a wasted minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get "freestyle" every time, pretty boring.

For the most part, my experiences were good. My groups usually voted for the best and you could usually guess the winner after the first couple of rounds. I just wish they gave you one of every equipable weapon and changed back you to your usual transmog when you leave the scenario.
    I also hope that with each trial of style, they give you armor sets to win, even if they continue to do old models.

I've adored this one. By far my favourite of the little mini events they've run so far. I hope we get more fashion-focused content in the future!

It's always some female character that wins. On a trial of evil looking, dark, something like that (don't remember exact temrinology), a female night elf in druid tier 5 armor beat the rest of us with our (admittedly uglier) mean looking transmogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    Oh noes! It doesn't increase mah dps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    ye how dare people have somethin fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It should be monthly and have more old transmog sets as rewards. Like the removed defias set or the old scholomance sets...
    While I agree more should be added to it, the Defias set has been re-added to the game since start of Legion.

You need to be a rogue with the Green Wing MAcaw (or whatever its called) and go to the room were the boat is and go to the left when you enter that room. There's a ghost parrot at a skeleton, when you reach it you get a bonus ability called ''Grappling Hook'', it'll take you up to a ghost pirate that will give you a quest for an ensamble for the set. You need to collect 100 Defias Masks, drops from defias mobs in Deadmines, and bam, you got it.

While only rogues can get the quest, every leather user can mog with the pieces once learned.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty shit tier event. Won once, lost a few times. most winners/top 3's were people either in Slutmog, wearing nothing or not even in "theme".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    While I agree more should be added to it, the Defias set has been re-added to the game since start of Legion.

You need to be a rogue with the Green Wing MAcaw (or whatever its called) and go to the room were the boat is and go to the left when you enter that room. There's a ghost parrot at a skeleton, when you reach it you get a bonus ability called ''Grappling Hook'', it'll take you up to a ghost pirate that will give you a quest for an ensamble for the set. You need to collect 100 Defias Masks, drops from defias mobs in Deadmines, and bam, you got it.

While only rogues can get the quest, every leather user can mog with the pieces once learned.
    That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I'd assumed it was gone for good. Guess I know what to do when I get back into the game.

Deleted
    Honestly enjoyed it, people were friendly and polite, all parties wished each other luck.
    Only one I total misread was the "fire and ice" theme, thought it meant I had to look like Jon snow, so went for northrend gear
    Irony being I won that one lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I dont like it...
    I love what blizzard did
    But first match i enter
    "Mismatched mayhem"
    me and 2 others actually go mismatched, everyone else just wears their transmog.
    i didnt make it in top 3... A hunter in the full shaman teir from heroic firelands with the fire bow won third... in mismatched mayhem... Fucking bullshit...

The voting system can be abit bad, for example someone with a shit mog can still win over someone with a good mog, if the shit person gets pit against SUPER shit mogs, and the good person gets pit against mogs about the same level, so they are split.

Idk if i worded it right, getting abit drunk. But its hard to example but i mean like
    Good/good
    3/3
    good/good
    3/3
    bad/good
    1/5
    =11 for good on the right
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/good
    1/5
    =13 for bad on the left
    now if the bad had been pit against all the good ones, and not just the bad ones, they woulda lost, but no badvbad it won

Also salty cause my mis matched mayhem was awesome and i lost to someone wearing their normal teir mog.... i mean...
    Looks more like "Freestyle!" than "Mismatched Mayhem" to me - must be the part about sticking to a yelloy/green theme. When I think mismatched mayhem, I think clashing colors and nothing that matches at all.

It's a very good idea, but like a lot of Blizzard's ideas it's been implemented very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I dont like it...
    I love what blizzard did
    But first match i enter
    "Mismatched mayhem"
    me and 2 others actually go mismatched, everyone else just wears their transmog.
    i didnt make it in top 3... A hunter in the full shaman teir from heroic firelands with the fire bow won third... in mismatched mayhem... Fucking bullshit...

The voting system can be abit bad, for example someone with a shit mog can still win over someone with a good mog, if the shit person gets pit against SUPER shit mogs, and the good person gets pit against mogs about the same level, so they are split.

Idk if i worded it right, getting abit drunk. But its hard to example but i mean like
    Good/good
    3/3
    good/good
    3/3
    bad/good
    1/5
    =11 for good on the right
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/super bad
    6/0
    bad/good
    1/5
    =13 for bad on the left
    now if the bad had been pit against all the good ones, and not just the bad ones, they woulda lost, but no badvbad it won

Also salty cause my mis matched mayhem was awesome and i lost to someone wearing their normal teir mog.... i mean...
    I think yours sucks and wouldnt have voted for you either. Just a bit of honesty. Doesn't fit the theme. They are all green, so they do "match" in some sense.

I wasn't unlucky enough to que into a guild group so overall the event was really fun for me.

I won 5 times I think. Not much. I always followed the themes. I won from fire and ice, freestyle, primal style, everyday heroes and one other that I forgot.

Haven't had mismatched as a theme yet.