Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Florida man fatally beaten, stabbed in eyes after argument over cannibalism

A Key West man is dead after allegedly being beaten and stabbed in the eyes after an argument over cannibalism, reports CBS Miami.

Justin Calhoun, 24, is facing murder charges in the death of Mark Brann, 67.

According to a spokeswoman for the Monroe County Sheriff, Calhoun self-identified as a woman when being booked and is being housed in a male facility, but inside a private cell. In the arrest affidavit, detectives who spoke with Calhoun use male pronouns.

The arrest report obtained by CBS Miami contains disturbing details about the alleged assault. According to the document, Calhoun, who CBS Miami reports is a stripper, told police that she and Brann were romantically involved. Calhoun was reportedly homeless and often spent the night at Brann's residence.

On Monday, Calhoun told detectives that she believed Brann was a "cannibal" and that the two began arguing when Calhoun asked about it. Calhoun said Brann grabbed a gun, forcing a struggle. The gun went off but no one was hit. Calhoun said the fight continued until she gained control and aimed it at Brann, but when she tried to shoot the gun jammed.

According to the arrest report, Calhoun said she told detectives she grabbed a pen and stabbed Brann in both eyes, then, when Brann apparently was yelling, Calhoun told police she grabbed a broken piece of wood from a dresser, damaged during the fight, and stuffed it into Brann's mouth to shut him up.

Police say Calhoun told them she stood up and "stomped" on the piece of wood, driving it further into the man's mouth, and continued to beat him by slamming a dresser drawer down onto Brann's head and throat.

CBS Miami reports that Brann's roommate tried to get in the room to help but Calhoun locked the door.

Calhoun told police she grabbed her backpack, money, and a dress to wear, then jumped out of the bedroom window naked.

She avoided Key West Police by jumping fences and climbing on roof tops.

After being arrested, police reportedly recovered cocaine and Brann's prescription pills in Calhoun's backpack, as well as more than $10,000 in cash.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-fl...r-cannibalism/

wtf... ?

It's like something you'd expect from your CSI shows. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Mental illness... Not even once.

So a trans stripper was romantically involved with a "client". They argue about cannibalism and it triggers the trans.

If you were to submit that as fiction nobody would believe it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope this isn't the end of his story. He must live on. But i do think it's funny the first and last story of floridaman was cannibalism. Poetic. Next story, floridaman back from dead, takes over a local tacobell for not having cheesey gordita crunches.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-08-20 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    wtf... ?

It's like something you'd expect from your CSI shows. o.O
    No joke. I misread CBS Miami as CSI Miami before I saw your comment.

On topic. What in the fucking fuck? Why do I feel like the cocaine and pills were involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    What one? The tranny or the homeless dude.
    You are referring to the same person.

Deleted
    So Florida man is almost dead? After all what he has done? Come on, cannot be the end. SCR
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-08-20 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    So Florida man is almost dead? After all what he has done? Come on, cannot be the end. SCR
    You think stabbing out Florida mans eyes will stop him?

Deleted
    Holy fuck, what an insane way to kill someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will only make florida man stronger

I'd insert an "Only in Florida" joke here, but a man is dead now. Hopefully they'll catch that psycho

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'd insert an "Only in Florida" joke here, but a man is dead now. Hopefully they'll catch that psycho
    He's already in custody.

Directly from the OP
    According to a spokeswoman for the Monroe County Sheriff, Calhoun self-identified as a woman when being booked and is being housed in a male facility, but inside a private cell. In the arrest affidavit, detectives who spoke with Calhoun use male pronouns.

The arrest report obtained by CBS Miami...

After being arrested, police reportedly recovered cocaine and Brann's prescription pills in Calhoun's backpack, as well as more than $10,000 in cash.

Holy crap.
    Florida is scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Like they say reality is stranger than fiction...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

strange that the murder is the least shocking thing in this story.

I'm mostly for rehabilitation but that sounds like a person that never should get out of jail.

That is one fucked up story.

I know Florida sounds scary but really it's one of the very few states where everything is public record, everything written in a police report can be looked up, so the crazy shit all gets reported on. If more states were like this then Florida Man wouldn't seem as insane, though now I'd like to see which state would offer the best competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartge View Post
    I know Florida sounds scary but really it's one of the very few states where everything is public record, everything written in a police report can be looked up, so the crazy shit all gets reported on. If more states were like this then Florida Man wouldn't seem as insane, though now I'd like to see which state would offer the best competition.
    Colorado or Missouri.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.