Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Problem for M+ to become adequate as a substitute of old CMs is that CMs to be CMs need the ilvl restriction.
    Huh? Why should they be like the old CMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post

I wouldn't exactly call M+'s irreverent, but I absolutely agree that adding some form of set bonus to gear from them would be a great change.
    What makes you believe I think they are irrelevant? I actually think they are a very strong PvE pillar, next to raiding.
    Last edited by Phinx; 2017-08-20 at 09:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling the leaks will die down after gamescom and pick up again closer to Blizzcon if we don't get an announcement this week (seems unlikely we will).
    Exactly, it's very convenient to start getting a ton of fake leaks right before possible announcements hahaha.

I may have misread your first comment. Were you talking about dungeon sets staying relevant through the expansion? I read it as m+ staying relevant which is what I was responding to.
    Ah, I see. No I meant Dungeon Sets being more relevant throughout the expansion. Maybe even more so than tier sets, if the set bonus is strong enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Huh? Why should they be like the old CMs?
    What'd be the point then if they could be outgearable like regular M+ dungeons? :c

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I miss MoPs CMs, rewards were great.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    no - from a making money and hype standpoint, it'd be stupid to do it at gamescom.

7.3 needs its own hype, an xpac announcement overshadows the entire patch.

They want to hype up blizzcon, get those virtual ticket sales, they want you to be SUPER HYPED at the convention center and buy extra blizz gear from the newly announced xpac! (This is coming from someone who was at the blizzcon 2015, the one where legion was announced at gamescom)

From a PR standpoint, it'd be stupid to waste all that possible cash flow and hype, and shooting themselves in the foot by not hyping FUCKING ARGUS. People have been asking for argus for eons - We finally get it and it's suddenly "WHO CARES 8.0 TIME BOI'S"

no.
    i guess it was also stupid to announce cataclysm and mop then, by that logic, since they were announced before their final patches around the same time frame.

Dungeon sets being stronger than tier could be a potential concern. I feel like they could find an easy solution in giving tier chance to drop in m+'s that meet the minimum ilvl for that tier.
    That again would create a new problem, with raids being less relevant as you can get the same stuff in dungeons. Quite tricky, actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    Depends. It could be 15-20 minutes, or it could be stretched out over an hour.
    Yes, it is. But it's not a game seller, do you play World of Tanks then they announce a new tank? I think not. HS recently got the new update. SC2 has the small target audience compared to WoW or OW. HotS has same problems. Both SC2 and HotS will get more attention on Blizzcon rather than Gamescom. And finally, if Blizzard wants to withstand the term of the expansion release (which they set to themselves), they should make announce as soon as possible because of an alpha test and a beta test, which needs time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've had Q&A's of every patch this expansion, and those last an entire hour, you think they can't talk for 15 - 20 minutes about 7.3? Are we still going on about this? Is this real life?

The delusion is real. Why do some of you people act like waiting 2 fucking months is like some Armageddon. (With a patch that they've PUBLICLY not even talked about?)

That again would create a new problem, with raids being less relevant as you can get the same stuff in dungeons. Quite tricky, actually.
    Simple solution, 12 pieces of tier, 6 drop in raid other 6 drop in mythic plus. Options.They're gonna need em if they stick with legendaries and titanforging.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i guess it was also stupid to announce cataclysm and mop then, by that logic, since they were announced before their final patches around the same time frame.
    Considering the patch trailer vs reveal trailer issue:
    3.3 trailer happened before Cata reveal
    4.3 trailer happened after MoP reveal
    5.3 trailer happened before WoD reveal
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Considering the patch trailer vs reveal trailer issue:
    3.3 trailer happened before Cata reveal
    4.3 trailer happened after MoP reveal
    5.3 trailer happened before WoD reveal
    Technically speaking if 8.0 was announced at gamescom chances are the 7.3 trailer would be before it

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They've had Q&A's of every patch this expansion, and those last an entire hour, you think they can't talk for 15 - 20 minutes about 7.3? Are we still going on about this? Is this real life?

The delusion is real. Why do some of you people act like waiting 2 fucking months is like some Armageddon. (With a patch that they've PUBLICLY not even talked about?)
    Does it hurt you that much to let those guys believe in something like this? Seems like some Armageddon in it of itself to live through that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it hurt you that much to let those guys believe in something like this? Seems like some Armageddon in it of itself to live through that for you.
    What you said made no freaking sense but I'll play along. Why is it surprising and ''and some PR nightmare'' like some are stating when they've literally done it all year long and for smaller patches? And I'm perfectly happy to wait 2 months for an expansion announcement even If I have to suffer through more dirtstain ''leak post''. Can't say the same for a couple of people here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till our friendly prophet Anduin Menethil comes back to see when Gamescom occurs and nothing gets announced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you never seen blizzcon before?

They could use 75 minutes to discuss pet battling.

There's a SHIT ton to talk about in 75 minutes for 7.3, first of all the hype, they hype us for 5-10 minutes of boring bs talk, then the cinematic, then quickly it's awesome.

Then they start on the major features of 7.3, starting with argus and how we get there, new reps, world quests, the invasions, the new keystones, the new dungeon.

New design philosophies, the nether crucible and why they did it...

literally, 75 minutes can be filled with anything, there's not going to be an xpac announced.

People need to stop.

I want gamescom to be over so people and be like "okay it's gonna be blizzcon!" and then we're gonna have to sit here for 2 1/2 more months of these "leaks".
    I see Blizzcon every year. Blizzcon has one big difference with Gamescom. Blizzcon is Blizzard own conference, they can talk about they want and how much they want because it is for their target audience. Gamescom is for the different people, which Blizzard should involve to their games. It will be very bad if they try to do it use the regular stuff.

Have you never seen blizzcon before?

They could use 75 minutes to discuss pet battling.

There's a SHIT ton to talk about in 75 minutes for 7.3, first of all the hype, they hype us for 5-10 minutes of boring bs talk, then the cinematic, then quickly it's awesome.

Then they start on the major features of 7.3, starting with argus and how we get there, new reps, world quests, the invasions, the new keystones, the new dungeon.

New design philosophies, the nether crucible and why they did it...

literally, 75 minutes can be filled with anything, there's not going to be an xpac announced.

People need to stop.

I want gamescom to be over so people and be like "okay it's gonna be blizzcon!" and then we're gonna have to sit here for 2 1/2 more months of these "leaks".
    Thats right but they spend an hour doing that it in a Q and A a couple weeks ago why would they do a Q and A talking about 7.3 to a 75 min stage talk about 7.3 again.
    Be Free! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What you said made no freaking sense but I'll play along. Why is it surprising and ''and some PR nightmare'' like some are stating when they've literally done it all year long and for smaller patches? And I'm perfectly happy to wait 2 months for an expansion announcement even If I have to suffer through more dirtstain ''leak post''. Can't say the same for a couple of people here and there.
    People want the excitement of a new expansion now rather then later. Not that confusing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

How can you guys still think we get 8.0 at gamescon? look at the schedule. THERE IS NO 8.0!!
    If there would have been they would have announced it like with Legion. Stop being delusional.

HotS is definitely getting at least one hero announced at gamescom. That alone could be as long as they want to spend talking about it. Add a new overwatch map, hero, etc. We can end up with any amount of time being spent discussing what we know is there.

Whether they draw out discussion or keep it concise is up to them and them alone. We don't know how they're approaching it.

Also, an expansion isn't delayed by lack of an announcement. They won't magically be further along if they announce it this week or behind if they wait until Blizzcon.

I'd like an announcement this week too, but they could certainly fill the allotted time without doing one. In fact, it seems more likely than not that they will.
    As usual, Deldramar speaks with wisdom.