Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The point of the 'fat acceptance' folks is that judging people according to the way they look is, you know, wrong. I.e. assuming that because someone is fat that they are a bad person.

Since when? The only thing ive ever heard from them is im beautiful/healthy no matter my size and that is wrong. The healthy part is obvious and its just people being lazy or unable to afford healthy food [which yes its incredibly hard to eat healthy if you dont make a ton but its also down to portion control so either way its a choice unless you have legit medical issues ] and the attractive part comes down to personal preference.

The whole bad person thing ive never heard before.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

im 400 pounds and swim 5 km every day
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm not illiterate just because you use words I don't know in a second language.
    Barely anyone uses that word in the context he just did. I wouldn't worry.

Well, it is hard if you think the political parties can fix your lack of self-descipline to not eat more than you need to.
    What food you eat is highly dependent on what's available for purchase. In the U.S. for example there are food deserts where there are populated areas but fresh produce is unavailable or expensive. Cheep sugary food is much more available partially because of price but also because of a longer shelf life. This can be addressed politically if business won't. I find it highly unlikely the GOP would do such a thing especially since food deserts are often in poor urban areas with high minority population.

A sugar tax can also curb food purchases. The cost increases would deter purchases and the tax revenue can be used for preventative means. The GOP has fought against such consumption taxes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    im 400 pounds and eat 5 km worth of food every day
    Fixed it for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    im 400 pounds and swim 5 km every day
    Choose a sport that requires you to transit your mass during exertion rather than supports your mass during exertion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Cheep sugary food is much more available partially because of price but also because of a longer shelf life.
    Learn to store, prep and cook properly.

Deleted
    A sugar tax can also curb food purchases. The cost increases would deter purchases and the tax revenue can be used for preventative means. The GOP has fought against such consumption taxes.
    The problem with that is that it wouldn't only deter obese (or would-be obese) people from buying such kinds of food; it would also punish everyone. There is no reason to (for example) make chocolate or soda more expensive for those who have their weight perfectly under control.

What food you eat is highly dependent on what's available for purchase. In the U.S. for example there are food deserts where there are populated areas but fresh produce is unavailable or expensive. Cheep sugary food is much more available partially because of price but also because of a longer shelf life. This can be addressed politically if business won't. I find it highly unlikely the GOP would do such a thing especially since food deserts are often in poor urban areas with high minority population.
    So put more pressure on business as consumers. Supply-demand.

So if I wanted to buy a fanta I would have to pay sugar tax even though I am perfectly able to keep a healthy weight? No thanks.

No, you don't. You just need to put yourself in energy deficit.
    Which you do by exercising.
    So yes, you do.

I'm on the larger side of life....

I'm also a black belt in martial arts after years of training. I can leg press 300kg, and my cardio / endurance what ever you want to label it is high, I do everything from cycling to running.

My issue? I like to have a few beers frequently, not shit the bed drunk each night, but a fair few. I also 9/10 will choose to have a bacon bap over a bowl of cereal or fruit.

I'm happy with my weight (Sure I wouldn't object to losing a few pounds), I'm fit.

I won't say I'm completely healthy got a few medical issues - which aren't weight related - and I'd dare say I have higher blood pressure than a avg person. But yea, I'd also say I'm fitter than the avg person

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    So yes, you do.
    It is perfectly possible to have an energy deficit and lose weight without exercising...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    It is perfectly possible to have an energy deficit and lose weight without exercising...
    It's perfectly possible to be 'skinny' and 'fat' at the same time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord have mercy Tennis. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So yes, you do.
    No, you can do that by adjusting what you eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-lo...ng-fat-and-fit

Great article here from a top fitness magazine.
    It really is utterly ridiculous when they claim to be fit when they're clearly not.
    Let's all agree to do our part and promote a healthy lifestyle to those around us. Who's in?
    A top fitness magazine, no agenda right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    funny how many people around are perfectly engaged in doing so.
    Maybe it is not that perfectly easy.
    Maybe it's not that perfectly achievable.
    No, you can do that by adjusting what you eat.
    Removing junk food from your menu won't make you fit.
    Eating healthy food won't make you fit on it's own.
    But goodspeed you with believing in what you will.

Maybe it's not that perfectly achievable.

Removing junk food from your menu won't make you fit.
    Eating healthy food won't make you fit on it's own.
    But goodspeed you with believing in what you will.
    This is what started the comments chain:

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    "or try out one of our simple beginner routines to lose weight"

its 2017 and people still think you need to exercise to lose weight?
    It was only about losing weight. Not becoming fit.

Deleted
    I don't recall saying that it's easy - only that it's possible. Which is absolutely is. Not exercising means that you can eat less compared to if you did, yes, but you can still have a deficit, and thus lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    you're argument kind of falls flat when we realise that not everyone is fat, if eating healthily is so hard and expensive, why isn't everyone overweight?
    Not everyone is fat because our habits and bodies are not identical. Some people can heavy shitty diets and remain thin or visa-versa. Eating poorly can lead to obesity but its not the only means of that happening. You're still more likely to remain thin if you eat better. Its easier to eat better when you have the choice of doing so.

So put more pressure on business as consumers. Supply-demand.

So if I wanted to buy a fanta I would have to pay sugar tax even though I am perfectly able to keep a healthy weight? No thanks.
    1. We have these things called politicians that do this for us. That's why we elect them.

2. Suck it up buttercup. You have to pay more taxes on a lot of things. I'm not an alcoholic but I still have to pay higher taxes on alcohol. I am fine with this. I am also fine with a sugar tax.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2017-08-20 at 11:53 PM.