Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Not everyone is fat because our habits and bodies are not identical. Some people can heavy shitty diets and remain thin or visa-versa. Eating poorly can lead to obesity but its not the only means of that happening.
    The difference in metabolism is negligible on weight differences in otherwise healthy people. If I eat 2000 calories per day and my friend eats 2000 per day and we engage in same activities then we're gonna end up roughly around the same weight too. She's not going to weigh 30 kg more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    This is what started the comments chain:

It was only about losing weight. Not becoming fit.
    The point of losing weight without becoming fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I don't recall saying that it's easy - only that it's possible. Which is absolutely is. Not exercising means that you can eat less compared to if you did, yes, but you can still have a deficit, and thus lose weight.
    And I don't recall accusing you of saying that. So don't act a victim.

It's possible for you (and everyone) to fly to the moon.
    It just takes some amount of endeavor, some money and stuff.
    Is it feasible? Totally.
    How many people will actually reach it? Take a wild guess.
    Same goes for losing weight without exercising.

And still stands the point of losing weight without becoming fit.
    Why.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    The point of losing weight without becoming fit?
    To not be overweight and have joint issues because of it? Reduced acid reflux?

To not be overweight and have joint issues because of it? Reduced acid reflux?
    And be a skinny something with slabs of skin weighning from sides?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    And be a skinny something with slabs of skin weighning from sides?
    No.
    That only happens if you lose weight too fast.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I'm pretty sure you've made this same thread 20 times.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I don't recall saying that it's easy - only that it's possible. Which is absolutely is. Not exercising means that you can eat less compared to if you did, yes, but you can still have a deficit, and thus lose weight.
    It also seems to matter where the calories come from. The last 2 weeks I've been on 400 deficit a day. What's the loss? 0.3 kilos. The math doesn't check up without another explanation, and the fault hasn't been with my counting, as I've been very precise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It also seems to matter where the calories come from. The last 2 weeks I've been on 400 deficit a day. What's the loss? 0.3 kilos. The math doesn't check up without another explanation, and the fault hasn't been with my counting, as I've been very precise.
    Less physical activity?

The difference in metabolism is negligible on weight differences in otherwise healthy people. If I eat 2000 calories per day and my friend eats 2000 per day and we engage in same activities then we're gonna end up roughly around the same weight too. She's not going to weigh 30 kg more than me.
    Again, habits and bodies are not identical. You keep assuming that everyone is the same as you. They are not. On top of that not everyone has equality of choice in what they can eat and how they can eat it.

Lastly sugar is addictive. Even if your activity and metabolism can handle increased intake at one point in your life, that may change over time and you'll have difficulty breaking that habit.

Again, habits and bodies are not identical. You keep assuming that everyone is the same as you. They are not. On top of that not everyone has equality of choice in what they can eat and how they can eat it.

Lastly sugar is addictive. Even if your activity and metabolism can handle increased intake at one point in your life, that may change over time and you'll have difficulty breaking that habit.
    The difference in individuals metabolism and the effect it has on how much weight you gain is as I said negligible. If me and my friend are eating the same amount of the same food, engage in same physical activity same amount of time, sleep same amount of time, work the same job the same amount of time then it is impossible that she would become fat while I retain my weight. At worst it will be maybe 5 kg difference, not 30 kg.

The difference in individuals metabolism and the effect it has on how much weight you gain is as I said negligible. If me and my friend are eating the same amount of the same food, engage in same physical activity same amount of time, sleep same amount of time, work the same job the same amount of time then it is impossible that she would become fat while I retain my weight. At worst it will be maybe 5 kg difference, not 30 kg.
    First, its not negligible. Its negligible for most of the population. Most is not the same as all.

Second, habits are not the same as metabolism. Habits can include personal activity or lack thereof, gluttony and even addiction.

Third, not everyone has equality of choice in what they can eat and how they can eat it.

Now that I've broken things down into point form my I also point out no one gives a shit about you or your friend in a thread about the obesity of others. Grats, your thin. I'm thin too. I don't feel the need to be dick about it to people who aren't.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2017-08-21 at 01:26 AM.

First, its not negligible. Its negligible for most of the population. Most is not the same as all.
    Yes, it is negligible.
    Second, habits are not the same as metabolism. Habits can include personal activity or lack thereof, gluttony and even addiction.
    I have never claimed otherwise.
    Third, not everyone has equality of choice in what they can eat and how they can eat it.
    Yeah, they do.
    Now that I've broken things down into point form my I also point out no one gives a shit about you or your friend in about the obesity of others. Grats, your thin. I'm thin too. I don't feel the need to be dick about it to people who aren't.
    I'm not being a dick about it by saying you can lose weight by eating less. If you're fat then you're fat and only you can change that, nobody else.

Less physical activity?
    60-80 minutes a day. But still, I'm losing weight at less than half the rate one is supposed to with 400 a day deficit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    There is also no such thing as a week that goes by without this topic being started once again by our favorite Canadian!

How's the weather up north tenn?

Endus is also a pretty cool Canadian even if we rarely agree on anything ������
    Decent but very rainy. Can't complain though. Anything is better than winter.

Yes, it is negligible.
    I love how you think that everyone is exactly the same.

I have never claimed otherwise.
    I guess parroting the same point about metabolism over and over again means that this statement is true. Personal habits are essential and like everything else in life, need not be done alone.

Yeah, they do.
    I don't even travel and I know that not every populated area has equal access to the same foods. How do you not grasp this concept?

I'm not being a dick about it by saying you can lose weight by eating less. If you're fat then you're fat and only you can change that, nobody else.
    You're being a dick about it. Some people could use or even need help to change their habits. Its like going cold turkey to quit drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. You could do it alone but for some help is always better.

I feel like this whole topic is stupidly politically charged.

How you want your body to be is entirely your own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It really is utterly ridiculous when they claim to be fit when they're clearly not.
    Let's all agree to do our part and promote a healthy lifestyle to those around us. Who's in?
    By their standards Vin Diesel is overweight and The Rock is obese. Vin Diesel's BMI is 27.1 and The Rock's BMI is 34.3 so I'm calling bullshit on this guy's article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel like this whole topic is stupidly politically charged.

How you want your body to be is entirely your own business.
    Not when you're destroying society and affecting the health system.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    60-80 minutes a day. But still, I'm losing weight at less than half the rate one is supposed to with 400 a day deficit.
    Could be due to a couple of reasons. 400 calories a day is not a large deficit, nutrition labels aren't always accurate and a couple of tablespoons of additional fat from olive oil, butter, nut butters, etc or a handful of nuts could easily make up that deficit. Another reason could be that our metabolisms adjust to our caloric intake, especially when dieting. You can actually feel your body doing it if you pay attention--if I happen to eat more than usual, I get really hot and my energy levels go up, and if I don't eat enough I tend to get cold and sluggish. I absolutely believe set point theory is accurate.

Weight training helps keep your metabolism running so it's easier to maintain a deficit. And if you are weight training, you might be building muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could be due to a couple of reasons. 400 calories a day is not a large deficit, nutrition labels aren't always accurate and a couple of tablespoons of additional fat from olive oil, butter, nut butters, etc or a handful of nuts could easily make up that deficit. Another reason could be that our metabolisms adjust to our caloric intake, especially when dieting. You can actually feel your body doing it if you pay attention--if I happen to eat more than usual, I get really hot and my energy levels go up, and if I don't eat enough I tend to get cold and sluggish. I absolutely believe set point theory is accurate.

Weight training helps keep your metabolism running so it's easier to maintain a deficit. And if you are weight training, you might be building muscle.
    May not be a large deficit, but it's about the most I can do. 1400 or 1700 with exercise is not a whole lot of food to eat. What annoys me about it, is that I'm not even getting that deficits worth, but far less. And I can't believe my metabolism is 1600 to explain it. If it was that, I'd probably be obese now, because I gained a few kilos over a period of 1.5 years, by having like 2000 calories a day, and it was just enough over to slowly gain weight.