Seeing Roadhog, Orissa, and Junkrat everywhere now. Guess people are getting ready for that PTR change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, now I'm actually convinced about this bullshit force you where it wants you conspiracy. Soon as I start losing more SR than I gain - literally difference is 3-4SR - but I'm put with players who run and hide from Junkrat because they can hear his bombs around them. I'm then throwing in 60%+ kill participation repeatedly. But can I win a fucking match? No.

If not that, every other match low level opposition players proudly announcing their mains are diamond and above. No wonder this SR system is a fucking shambles with so many people just deliberately fucking it up. But what do Blizz do? Announce they're fucking okay with alt accounts. Sure, they say they don't want people manipulating the SR, but what are they doing about it? Nothing. They need to seriously get a grip on this game, because it's just annoying, it's not fun while players are intentionally ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Okay, now I'm actually convinced about this bullshit force you where it wants you conspiracy. Soon as I start losing more SR than I gain - literally difference is 3-4SR - but I'm put with players who run and hide from Junkrat because they can hear his bombs around them. I'm then throwing in 60%+ kill participation repeatedly. But can I win a fucking match? No.

If not that, every other match low level opposition players proudly announcing their mains are diamond and above. No wonder this SR system is a fucking shambles with so many people just deliberately fucking it up. But what do Blizz do? Announce they're fucking okay with alt accounts. Sure, they say they don't want people manipulating the SR, but what are they doing about it? Nothing. They need to seriously get a grip on this game, because it's just annoying, it's not fun while players are intentionally ruining it.
    No shit they're ok with making a lot of money?

If people are intentionally throwing you just have to make sure you actually report them and get the rest of your team to do the only thing, there's not much more Blizzard really can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No shit they're ok with making a lot of money?

If people are intentionally throwing you just have to make sure you actually report them and get the rest of your team to do the only thing, there's not much more Blizzard really can do.
    This isn't throwing anymore, this is running around wrecking everyone and going lol my main account's diamond+. Shit, some of them are linking their twitch channels to press the point. Guess the deranking's done and it's time to set themselves back up for a good placement.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Im just tossing Comp games now since im bored and the points go off highest rating. Hit masters so theres no reason for me to play serious, and ill get the competition points for master.

Ah, another string of games with Widowmaker, Hanzo, Sombra, McCree and Reaper. I bite the bullet and go Mercy or Lucio but nobody is on the payload and when I ask politely if someone can switch to Reinhardt, D.va or Orisa nobody listens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's mad about competitive, all the while I'm having a blast in Quick Play with friends now. I love it when a plan comes together like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after a two day losing streak costing you 300SR, fun things can still happen along the way.

http://plays.tv/video/5998df4d4e7465...-grapple-kill-

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh those sweet summer childs.

I'm sure team comp doesn't matter at all, when your team keeps getting 2-3 Genjis/Sombras/Widowmakers while the other team has two Winstons. Not at all.

And yes, I had that happen last night, and I'm somewhat salty still.
    I know right. But had they acknowledged it's about RNG and they got lucky with it that would've meant they couldn't feel superior about their "mad skillz" ... Sorry but diamond is not that special in the first place. Incidentally it's almost always diamonds who flaunt their e-peen and loudly look down on lower ranks, I rarely see masters doing the same. (Personally I'm plat - therefore I also get targeted by these sad little people if I dare say a word - after doing placements only, I don't play comp beyond those but I'm fairly sure I could make it to diamond if I worked on it, master probably not. But I'm not going to do that just to prove something to randoms on the internet. However, I often play QP with a few master friends so I see them quite a bit on the other side too, and they don't seem to feel the need to shit on people in the similar manner. Most curious.)

Anyhow, new funny of the week: some e-peening barely diamond (what a coincidence) and his friend were genuinely looking down on us for counterpicking in quick play because you're only supposed to that in comp. They lost, mostly because they refused to switch in turn, but they were convinced that they deserved to win for doing good on their first (main) pick and started shitting on my rank again.

I have to say, between "team composition makes no difference" and "you're not supposed to counterpick in qp" I'm never gonna stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    I know right. But had they acknowledged it's about RNG and they got lucky with it that would've meant they couldn't feel superior about their "mad skillz" ... Sorry but diamond is not that special in the first place. Incidentally it's almost always diamonds who flaunt their e-peen and loudly look down on lower ranks, I rarely see masters doing the same. (Personally I'm plat - therefore I also get targeted by these sad little people if I dare say a word - after doing placements only, I don't play comp beyond those but I'm fairly sure I could make it to diamond if I worked on it, master probably not. But I'm not going to do that just to prove something to randoms on the internet. However, I often play QP with a few master friends so I see them quite a bit on the other side too, and they don't seem to feel the need to shit on people in the similar manner. Most curious.)

Anyhow, new funny of the week: some e-peening barely diamond (what a coincidence) and his friend were genuinely looking down on us for counterpicking in quick play because you're only supposed to that in comp. They lost, mostly because they refused to switch in turn, but they were convinced that they deserved to win for doing good on their first (main) pick and started shitting on my rank again.

I have to say, between "team composition makes no difference" and "you're not supposed to counterpick in qp" I'm never gonna stop laughing.
    Well, to be fair, in QP team Comp doesn't matter if you're there to screw around and/or get better at certain characters. As for "not counter picking" in QP, this also has merit, as it is a learning tool to figure out new ways to play against certain characters. Not to say that's what is happening, just food for thought. After all, if your team has nothing to counter Pharah, it forces you to think of new ways to fight her, teaches the map better by looking for new places to draw her out or hide more effectively, as well as creative ways to move around. Learning things like this then transfers over to competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, to be fair, in QP team Comp doesn't matter if you're there to screw around and/or get better at certain characters. As for "not counter picking" in QP, this also has merit, as it is a learning tool to figure out new ways to play against certain characters. Not to say that's what is happening, just food for thought. After all, if your team has nothing to counter Pharah, it forces you to think of new ways to fight her, teaches the map better by looking for new places to draw her out or hide more effectively, as well as creative ways to move around. Learning things like this then transfers over to competitive.
    As mentioned earlier, the first was said in mystery heroes in an attempt to deny that the mode is about RNG and indicate that they won purely by skill alone.

Anyhow, you can play whatever and however you want in QP, I don't deny the learning aspect. However, you can't claim it has no effect at all on how the match goes. You also can't expect other people to play your way, ignoring core mechanics like counterpicking, much less assume you deserve anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    As mentioned earlier, the first was said in mystery heroes in an attempt to deny that the mode is about RNG and indicate that they won purely by skill alone.

Anyhow, you can play whatever and however you want in QP, I don't deny the learning aspect. However, you can't claim it has no effect at all on how the match goes. You also can't expect other people to play your way, ignoring core mechanics like counterpicking, much less assume you deserve anything for it.
    Well, mystery heroes comp does and doesn't matter. About 50/50 for win:loss and just getting better picks. It's a hard thing to argue 1 way or the other. In the game, if everyone on each team knows every hero equally, then yes, the comp matters; but, if each team is in a place of "how do I play this character effectively," then comp doesn't matter. I've had games where my team had 1 tank, 3 widows, and 2 Zens and we steam rolled the opposite team that had a Rein, 76, Bastion, Torb, and 2 Hanzo's. Game went in my teams favor just because we knew how to play those characters and the other team only started getting effective at the last minute when they finally got something they were familiar with. My team still ended up winning at the end with 6 damage heroes. Saying team comp doesn't matter isn't 100% accurate, but there are so many factors to say that it absolutely does, also.

I agree with your next point, but at the same time, you can't expect to meet good natured people all the time. I'm not defending their actions, but they are playing QP their way and you are playing yours. You can criticize them for saying "don't counterplay in QP," but if you do you don't really deserve the right to laugh at them because you feel you absolutely have to counterpick in QP. You and they are playing QP differently, and that's fine, but you're on the opposite side of the coin they are on. 1 party days don't, 1 says do. It's a hard line to judge.
    As you said though, you can't expect it to have no impact on the game; but, you can't expect counterpicking always to work either.

Well, mystery heroes comp does and doesn't matter. About 50/50 for win:loss and just getting better picks. It's a hard thing to argue 1 way or the other. In the game, if everyone on each team knows every hero equally, then yes, the comp matters; but, if each team is in a place of "how do I play this character effectively," then comp doesn't matter. I've had games where my team had 1 tank, 3 widows, and 2 Zens and we steam rolled the opposite team that had a Rein, 76, Bastion, Torb, and 2 Hanzo's. Game went in my teams favor just because we knew how to play those characters and the other team only started getting effective at the last minute when they finally got something they were familiar with. My team still ended up winning at the end with 6 damage heroes. Saying team comp doesn't matter isn't 100% accurate, but there are so many factors to say that it absolutely does, also.
    I'm not saying it's all that matters, that would be silly, but it absolutely does. I also agree that getting heroes you're better at than those you're not as good with plays a notable factor, but that is again dictated by said RNG.

I agree with your next point, but at the same time, you can't expect to meet good natured people all the time. I'm not defending their actions, but they are playing QP their way and you are playing yours. You can criticize them for saying "don't counterplay in QP," but if you do you don't really deserve the right to laugh at them because you feel you absolutely have to counterpick in QP. You and they are playing QP differently, and that's fine, but you're on the opposite side of the coin they are on. 1 party days don't, 1 says do. It's a hard line to judge.
    As you said though, you can't expect it to have no impact on the game; but, you can't expect counterpicking always to work either.
    I'm not laughing at the way they choose to play QP, as you said that's fine, and I never stated that you absolutely have to counterpick. What I find hilarious is the absurd notion that everyone else is expected to ignore core mechanics to abide with their personal playstyle, criticized and deemed to be wrong for not doing so, and that these people deserve to win for doing good on their first main pick (if only the pesky wrong-doers wouldn't counterpick them). I mean come on, get real. Also, I haven't claimed that counterpicking would always work either, I'm aware that's not the case. There's still a good chance that it'll increase your odds at least, and if you really keep getting smashed by your counter and refuse to switch then you don't get to throw a tantrum and blame them about it. That, frankly, is a little laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    100SR back today. Thanks Pharah

Deleted
    I got called a one trick zen today.

Not sure how to feel about this.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-08-20 at 09:26 PM.

i think ima take another break from OW til they fix/nerf doomfist. "lets take away roadhogs 8 sec 1 shot kill because its unfair and not fun to play against and give it to doomfist, except lower the cooldown to 4 sec."
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i think ima take another break from OW til they fix/nerf doomfist. "lets take away roadhogs 8 sec 1 shot kill because its unfair and not fun to play against and give it to doomfist, except lower the cooldown to 4 sec."
    The more I've played the more I have realized that DF is exceptionally strong while also being exceptionally weak. Yeah, his punch attack is really strong and can even 1 Shot multiple times; however, certain characters counter him so hard it's ridiculous. It's pretty fun playing a damage dealer and having a comp where you can pick Pharah or Tracer and just run/fly circles around him. Roadhog is hilarious to use a book on which interrupts the charge and puts it on its CD (think it does, not 100% convinced). Zarya bubble nullifying it is nice, as well as some well times Rein charges. Playing Lucio while running circles or gaining high ground while they miss you is also extremely fun.
    THe biggest issue I've noticed, or tip I could advise, is you have to get used to his audio queues. As you learn his sound effects, it's so easy to avoid his punch on fast characters, and if you are close to a wall it's just as easy as a tank.
    He still needs toned down a bit in my opinion, but he's only OP to the uninitiated. The issue is that not everyone you will play with gets used to this, even more apparent by how little awareness people have by not watching flanks or leaving their heals unprotected.

Well I really don't think the reason they nerfed Rhog was because people didnt like 1 shot mechanics, because frankly hanzo still has an 8 second one shot and many other abilities one shot.
    They nerfed him around the same time doomfist started getting internal testing and this line of logic is, "We can't have our big bad in the game get released and get his ass handed to him everytime Roadhog hits him with a hook."

- - - Updated - - -

Today I played a game in hollywood attack and I see we have a healer, no tank and Hanzo/Widow. Usually I just leave the game in char select screen but every game lately has had these two in it and I was too late entering to get out without penalty (Quick play) So I pick Mei and only sit back sniping. At the 1 min mark I say, "So how many games does a person have to play before they figure out that having 2 snipers on attack control points doesn't work? 100 games? 200 Games? You are all level 400+, at 8 games per level that makes it 3,200 games by now.

Nobody said boo but the widow and Hazo switched to Rhein and Soldier and suddenly we roll the whole map. I was like, "Holy shit someone actually listened...."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I need to remember this: when things seem out of my control: TANK! go winston or zarya.

won on lijiang tower last night 3-1. props to a great teamwork from my team. I was winston first 2 rounds and we won even when they switched to bastion. our mercy got disconnected and our ana immediately switched to mercy. I switched to zarya and asked our team that I needed to bubble someone. our hanzo (yes we had a hanzo) switched to d.va which I was very thankful for. when our original mercy came back, our 2nd healer switched back to ana. awesome heals we had.

it was a GG.

Quote Originally Posted by nozmail View Post
    I need to remember this: when things seem out of my control: TANK! go winston or zarya.

won on lijiang tower last night 3-1. props to a great teamwork from my team. I was winston first 2 rounds and we won even when they switched to bastion. our mercy got disconnected and our ana immediately switched to mercy. I switched to zarya and asked our team that I needed to bubble someone. our hanzo (yes we had a hanzo) switched to d.va which I was very thankful for. when our original mercy came back, our 2nd healer switched back to ana. awesome heals we had.

it was a GG.
    Winston is especially good for QP where there's always snipers and genjis.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.