Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Joss Whedon - cheating hypocrite

Joss Whedon, that typical male feminist and paragon of virtue, has just been outed by his now ex-wife Kai Cole as a lying, cheating, hypocritical scumbag.

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-f...kai-cole-says/

There were times in our relationship that I was uncomfortable with the attention Joss paid other women. He always had a lot of female friends, but he told me it was because his mother raised him as a feminist, so he just liked women better. He said he admired and respected females, he didn’t lust after them. I believed him and trusted him. On the set of “Buffy,” Joss decided to have his first secret affair.

Fifteen years later, when he was done with our marriage and finally ready to tell the truth, he wrote me, “When I was running ‘Buffy,’ I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women. It felt like I had a disease, like something from a Greek myth. Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch it.” But he did touch it. He said he understood, “I would have to lie — or conceal some part of the truth — for the rest of my life,” but he did it anyway, hoping that first affair, “would be ENOUGH, that THEN we could move on and outlast it.”
    This is hilarious, I loved the Firefly series and Serenity is one of my all time favourite movies, but Whedon's constant feminist virtue signalling was really annoying. And now we know it was all fake just so he could get laid. Looking back at all his films, I wonder which actresses got the gig on 'merit'.

Whedon has apparently signed up to direct the upcoming Batgirl movie (ugh), because he's such a feminist, but I wonder if WB will change their minds after this.

Mmmmmm, "ex-wife".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I always felt male feminists were sneaky.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you saw his plans for WW, this information wouldn't be so surprising imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    He said he admired and respected females, he didn’t lust after them. I believed him and trusted him. On the set of “Buffy,” J
    Ok.

Bit naive, that lady.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't date a male feminist, ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    1> Ex-wife. Hardly an unbiased source.
    2> Cheating isn't an anti-feminist "thing", in the first place. So thinking this is in any way "hypocrisy" is flat-out asinine. Unless you're seriously arguing that women can't/don't cheat, or that it's somehow "different" when they do. It's just one person being shitty to their SO. That's all.

I don't have problem with a guy who supports feminism. I don't understand why anyone thought he was so great in the first place. I don't understand why anyone thought firefly and serenity were so great. They were not very funny of very good sci fi.

2 things

1. Tales from an ex wife
    2. This is hardly the M.O of a male fanatical feminist. Their M.O. is sexual assault or harassment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Don't date a male feminist, ladies.
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.

Daily (apparently necessary) reminder that "feminism" is just the idea that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.

Some of the memes on twitter are brilliant

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.

Daily (apparently necessary) reminder that "feminism" is just the idea that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
    Actually the alternative is a normal guy that doesn't subscribe to either. Like my boyfriend. Wowzers.

Does it matter what happened in his private life?

I'm sure we've all got skeletons in our closets, but it doesn't affect how we are as people or at a job.

This is something that gets to me, why does it bother if a certain actor/actress/star has done something in their private life.. Does it mean that they act differently on the silver screen?

What about footballers, does it mean that they play the game any differently?

just because they're famous doesn't mean they can't have any privacy in their lives..

Breaking news, the woman and number 33 down the road has been found having an affair with the person at number 41, best report it and spread it all over the world.. Who cares it doesnt affect us!

yeah, like cheating on your spouse means much in Hollywood.. anyway besides the gasping at low hanging fruit (lol, male feminist is a human being, lol), what does it matter?

Thats egalitarianism actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Actually the alternative is a normal guy that doesn't subscribe to either. Like my boyfriend. Wowzers.
    There is no middle ground. Either you think women deserve equal consideration and treatment under the law, or you don't.

1> Ex-wife. Hardly an unbiased source.
    2> Cheating isn't an anti-feminist "thing", in the first place. So thinking this is in any way "hypocrisy" is flat-out asinine. Unless you're seriously arguing that women can't/don't cheat, or that it's somehow "different" when they do. It's just one person being shitty to their SO. That's all.
    Splitting hairs. By his own admission he is an active feminist. He is all about respecting women. How much respect is there by cheating on your wife and abusing your position of power to sleep with actresses, fans and staff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Splitting hairs. By his own admission he is an active feminist. He is all about respecting women. How much respect is there by cheating on your wife and abusing your position of power to sleep with actresses, fans and staff?
    There's no demonstration of any "abuse of position of power". None. You're literally inventing that.

Disrespecting his wife by cheating on her is an individual disrespect. It has nothing to do with gender, and you making it out to be is wildly inaccurate and demonstrates your agenda here, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm pretty sure there a pretty big area in-between.
    No. There aren't.

Do you think men and women should have equal rights and opportunities? If "yes", you're a feminist. If "no", you aren't. It's a binary question. If you try and raise any qualifications to that answer, you're saying "no".

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Does it matter what happened in his private life?

I'm sure we've all got skeletons in our closets, but it doesn't affect how we are as people or at a job.

This is something that gets to me, why does it bother if a certain actor/actress/star has done something in their private life.. Does it mean that they act differently on the silver screen?

What about footballers, does it mean that they play the game any differently?

just because they're famous doesn't mean they can't have any privacy in their lives..

Breaking news, the woman and number 33 down the road has been found having an affair with the person at number 41, best report it and spread it all over the world.. Who cares it doesnt affect us!
    So an evangelist like Jim Bakker or a politician like Bill Clinton cheating isn't newsworthy because 'private life?

There is no middle ground. Either you think women deserve equal consideration and treatment under the law, or you don't.
    And either you either believe her or think all exes lie about being cheated on.