Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Surviving Mars - New Game From the Publisher of Cities: Skylines

Surviving Mars is a sci-fi settlement builder all about colonizing Mars and surviving the process. Choose a space agency for resources and financial support before determining a location for your colony. Build domes and infrastructure, research new possibilities and utilize drones to unlock more elaborate ways to shape and expand your settlement.

There will be challenges to overcome. Execute your strategy and improve your colony’s chances of survival while unlocking the mysteries of this alien world. Are you ready? Mars is waiting for you.

Website: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/survivin...SK-MASTER.html
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-08-20 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HA, that looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for it! If it's any good compared to Skylines it'll be worth it.

Nice! We have had some good Mars exploration games in the past couple of years so a good colonization game is desperately needed!

Meh. Capitalism has failed to colonize Mars in our era, so lets make a game about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Can't wait for it! If it's any good compared to Skylines it'll be worth it.
    And you'll find a way to flood your city somehow. :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it is Colossal Order who are the developers of Cities Skylines, Paradox Interactive is just the publisher.. And with Surviving Mars Haemimont Games are the developers and Paradox Interactive is the publisher..

So the title of your thread is wrong as the creators of Cities Skylines have nothing to do with Surviving Mars..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-08-21 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually it is Colossal Order who are the developers of Cities Skylines, Paradox Interactive is just the publisher.. And with Surviving Mars Haemimont Games are the developers and Paradox Interactive is the publisher..

So the title of your thread is wrong as the creators of Cities Skylines have nothing to do with Surviving Mars..
    I didn't even see that. Well, it still looks cool, so we'll see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I didn't even see that. Well, it still looks cool, so we'll see
    Well yeah, but I'd still suggest correcting the title. xD

Looking forward to this. If anyone is interested in some pre-release bonuses, you can get friends to click a link. Here's mine if anyone is interested.

https://www.survivingmars.com/invites/eTv8hK

Deleted
    So this game is officialy launching in less than 17 hours on Steam! Here's a pre-order trailer:

I've been watching Quill18's videos of this game, and already pre-ordered. Can't wait!

Deleted
    Watched a few streams, i really love the art style of this game, looks super cool imo.
    Can't wait to buy and play it

Deleted
    Seems like it could have been on the Switch

So far, really enjoying this game. A few quirks with building, but I'm learning. Definitely gonna get some hours out of this one! Love the art style, the gameplay is smooth, you can drill down to micromanage or let the game make some of the decisions, balancing aesthetics vs. need vs. map layout is pretty challenging. You can't fine tune your build like you can in Cities, or I'm missing something, because I can't find a way to get rid of wires/pipes. First map had freezing spells, which makes it really interesting.

I didnt want to look at any videos of this game on youtube because i didnt want to spoil anything gameplay wise. Is it kinda like a Simcity like game? with added elements like personnel, water and oxygen management?

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    I didnt want to look at any videos of this game on youtube because i didnt want to spoil anything gameplay wise. Is it kinda like a Simcity like game? with added elements like personnel, water and oxygen management?
    It's closer to a mix of Banished and Anno.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So far, really enjoying this game. A few quirks with building, but I'm learning. Definitely gonna get some hours out of this one! Love the art style, the gameplay is smooth, you can drill down to micromanage or let the game make some of the decisions, balancing aesthetics vs. need vs. map layout is pretty challenging. You can't fine tune your build like you can in Cities, or I'm missing something, because I can't find a way to get rid of wires/pipes. First map had freezing spells, which makes it really interesting.
    Under the first build tab (Infrastructure?) there is a 'salvage' button that lets you remove wires and pipes. Note that it will remove sections (5 spaces) and not individual tiles.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's closer to a mix of Banished and Anno.
    At first I thought to myself: but i've never heard of either of those games. But i figured it wouldnt hurt to look at them on youtube since they arent the same game, have different game mechanics so my surviving mars gameplay wouldnt be spoiled. But now that i've seen Banished i'm thinking i want to play that game too lol. So now i have to stop watching that so i dont have the gameplay spoiled for me hehe. With these survival games i like to figure things out on my own rather than watching youtube vids. I think i've seen enough vids of Mars and Banished to see what they are like.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    At first I thought to myself: but i've never heard of either of those games. But i figured it wouldnt hurt to look at them on youtube since they arent the same game, have different game mechanics so my surviving mars gameplay wouldnt be spoiled. But now that i've seen Banished i'm thinking i want to play that game too lol. So now i have to stop watching that so i dont have the gameplay spoiled for me hehe. With these survival games i like to figure things out on my own rather than watching youtube vids. I think i've seen enough vids of Mars and Banished to see what they are like.
    Banished is fun but also abandoned cause improved games (Life is Feudal/Forest version), its only playable because of the mod

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index...-banished-107/

The Colonial Charter mod is what makes Banished playable since the game itself was just a training session for the developer so the game gets boring really fast since there isnt anything to do after you learn it (Very few things to build and do), but the Charter mod makes it a real game, try it out.

The Colonial Charter mod is about 3000% improvement into the basic game
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-17 at 05:07 PM.