Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, call him a hypocrite. Hold him accountable for his mistakes. But that doesn't devalue or de-legitimatise the decades of good work and positive messages he's produced. It also doesn't mean he doesn't still hold feminist views. It means he screwed up.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2017-08-21 at 06:57 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    But if feminism and egalitarianism both want equality why does the label matter?
    Feminism isn't about equality. Not really. Maybe on paper they claim it is, but look at how feminist activists work in real life. Look at where they spend their money and time and resources. That should tell you all you need to know about what feminists really believe in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.
    You're right. He shouldn't have specified them as "male feminists". He should've called out the group of men, who appropriate the struggles of women, to use in their own crusades so that they can feel better about themselves. You know, those men who think it's their job, their duty, and most importantly their right to speak in behalf of all women, to act as the white-knighting champion on a high, high horse, for all women, because apparently, for some reason, they think that women can't fight their own battles.

Those men aren't feminists of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Fine, call him a hypocrite. Hold him accountable for his mistakes. But that doesn't devalue or illegitimate the decades of good work and positive messages he's produced. It also doesn't mean he doesn't still hold feminist views. It means he screwed up.
    He screwed up, sure. He doesn't get to blame it on the so-called "patriarchy." That's a fucking cop-out.

It would be kind of fun if he fucked Sarah Michelle, Alyson, Charisma, and Eliza.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Just because the masses have all agreed that the emperor has a beautiful wardrobe does not change the fact that he is stark naked.
    So you think that it's all just a big lie that everyone's come up and agreed to because.....?

Similarly, I don't care how "widely-accepted" the dictionary definition of feminism is, in practice, it's anything but. Feminists, in practice, don't give two flying shits about issues that only negatively affect men. Feminists only pour resources and money into issues that primarily benefit women.
    It's almost as though feminism is mostly concerned with...

And of course they do; the etymology of the word "feminist" is centered around the female, the feminine.
    Oh, you do get it! Even though you said you don't believe in that definition? But okay, carry on.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    So you think that it's all just a big lie that everyone's come up and agreed to because.....?
    It's propaganda that activists in the media have worked very long and very hard for over 20 years to cram down the throats of American culture, which has only started to really bear fruit in the past five years or so.

It's almost as though feminism is mostly concerned with...

Oh, you do get it! Even though you said you don't believe in that definition? But okay, carry on.
    Feminism is about empowering women and uplifting females, and promoting girl power. It's not about equality. Feminists don't care about evening the scales in areas that favor women to the detriment of men - if feminists had it their way, they would "smash the patriarchy" and replace it with a matriarchy. That's not equality. That's just changing the positions of power around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute. So if a woman claims she was raped in college then you are supposed to automatically doubt her, but if she claims someone who you have a personal partisan vendetta against cheated on her then you're supposed to automatically believe her?

Literally the same exact posters who usually chime in about women lying about being raped, are now advocating to believe someone solely because the guy happens to be on their shitlist.

This is hilarious.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Where did I say that? Quote one time in this thread where that is what I said.
    I didn't claim that it's something you said. I'm asking you to clarify whether you believe women should be treated equally, since you're adamantly opposed to having a label applied to you that you disagree with.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    So you make up your own definition because you can't admit that they're the same thing. Classic.
    I'm not making anything up. I'm pointing out that feminists claim their movement is all about equality and yet when they actually do anything in the name of feminism, it's all about favoring women's rights and issues over men's, and promoting female power over male power. I'm pointing out that the dictionary definition needs to be updated or changed.

Egalitarianism doesn't concern itself with the squabbles of gender, and to a true egalitarianist, treating women or men differently for any reason whatsoever is a foreign concept. Feminists are all too happy to treat men and women differently, as long as women come out on top.

"You are constantly surrounded by beautiful women. Do you love any of them?"
    "Quite frequently, actually."

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Fine, call him a hypocrite. Hold him accountable for his mistakes. But that doesn't devalue or de-legitimatise the decades of good work and positive messages he's produced. It also doesn't mean he doesn't still hold feminist views. It means he screwed up.
    It also means he's a fraud and we can question his motives. Did he promote women in his films because he's a classic SJW or because he was hoping to get laid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    I didn't claim that it's something you said. I'm asking you to clarify whether you believe women should be treated equally, since you're adamantly opposed to having a label applied to you that you disagree with.
    Go back and read my posts in this thread and you will have your clarity. I answered the question before you even asked it but you're just being an ass and didn't bother to read the thread to start with you just thought you would knee-jerk a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Wait a minute. So if a woman claims she was raped in college then you are supposed to automatically doubt her, but if she claims someone who you have a personal partisan vendetta against cheated on her then you're supposed to automatically believe her?

Literally the same exact posters who usually chime in about women lying about being raped, are now advocating to believe someone solely because the guy happens to be on their shitlist.

This is hilarious.
    Wait a minute. So if a woman makes a claim against a SJW you happen to like then she must be lying?

Don't be so quick to point the hypocrisy stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post

This is hilarious.
    Oh it's all over

Woman claims she was raped at college:

"Sex was consensual until she regretted it in the morning..then she called it rape"
    "She should have known better going to a party like that"
    "Let's wait until all the facts are in"
    "She shouldn't have been drinking"

Woman claims she was raped by a muslim:

"That poor girl"
    "Castrate that animal"
    "That's what happens when you let them in"
    "Cultural Enrichment strikes again"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    It also means he's a fraud and we can question his motives. Did he promote women in his films because he's a classic SJW or because he was hoping to get laid?
    You're speaking as if he's a 100% certifiably guilty of cheating on his wife. Clearly you are privy to information others aren't that isn't a claim from his ex, I would dearly like to see it .

Or have you deemed him guilty because it feeds your confirmation bias?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute. So if a woman makes a claim against a SJW you happen to like then she must be lying?

Don't be so quick to point the hypocrisy stick.
    I never said she's lying. You're the one acting as if he's guilty without proof, not I.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

People who say "virtue signaling" non-ironically are the worst kind of people.

The point endus is trying to make is that feminism as a concept is about equality between men and women. (egalitarianism is about equality between all humanity. gender doesn't come into that term.) he's right. you either believe in equality between men and women (feminist) or you don't (misogynist). there's no in between.

The thing people seem to be getting caught up on is that if you do subscribe to the idea of gender equality then you must also belong to those frothing at the mouth 'modern feminist' types. you don't. you can believe in EQUALITY (feminism as a concept/cause) with out being one of the 'modern feminists' that want women to have more rights then men.

TLDR: the 'modern feminists' types aren't actually feminists and you can cheat on your wife and still want equality between the genders (feminist).

Deleted
    Joss Whedon, that typical male feminist and paragon of virtue, has just been outed by his now ex-wife Kai Cole as a lying, cheating, hypocritical scumbag.

http://www.thewrap.com/joss-whedon-f...kai-cole-says/

This is hilarious, I loved the Firefly series and Serenity is one of my all time favourite movies, but Whedon's constant feminist virtue signalling was really annoying. And now we know it was all fake just so he could get laid. Looking back at all his films, I wonder which actresses got the gig on 'merit'.

Whedon has apparently signed up to direct the upcoming Batgirl movie (ugh), because he's such a feminist, but I wonder if WB will change their minds after this.
    Haha. I love his work. But yeah, he's a hypcrite if that is true.

Deleted
    Faithfulness/cheating and feminism/misogyny are two different things. You can respect the other sex, but still be vulnerable in terms of seduction and chances for an affair. Whedon surely had plenty of the last.

Honestly, we would all have an easier life if cheating would not be seen as the ultimate sin. Some relationships work out perfectly even if one or both partners cheat now and then. Long secret affairs are more problematic, though. I don't know, we probably need more variation in our relationships models overall. If people could just be honest to one another about their preferences - because there would not be any moral or social pressure to belong to only one category - then probably equal minded people would have an easier time to get together, and we would have less miss-matches.

Some people are happy with open relationships. But to find a partner who can communicate this freely gets harder, the more social and moral pressure there is in a society. Hypocrisy is poison.