10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Yeah, but most of those games (if not all) started out subscription based and went F2P after they couldn't keep up with WoW.

Unless WoW's subscriptions are drastically declining, I don't really see a reason for them to change the way they've operated since launch.

Just my opinion though.
    We are talking 10 years down the road. Like 2025-2030.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sekov View Post
    Admirals and navy that would go renegade with seclusion, old gods and the shattering.
    I just thought that making them pirates would give us another enemy and it'd be cool.
    Like a Booty Bay, Bloodsail type of situation, ye know?
    I want a booty bay style neutral capital city.

Think 2-3 times as big as booty bay with completely new modern assets.

Admirals and navy that would go renegade with seclusion, old gods and the shattering.
    I just thought that making them pirates would give us another enemy and it'd be cool.
    Like a Booty Bay, Bloodsail type of situation, ye know?
    No I meant, the armor set isn't pirate-y at all, why would you assume the maps are maps pirates would have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No I meant, the armor set isn't pirate-y at all, why would you assume the maps are maps pirates would have?
    There are Bloodsail Mages, Magus, Warlocks and they're pirates.
    I guess it's the whole naval theme around them, tattered robes, rope around forearms, tentacles, kind of a treasure map. Cultist pirates! I tell ye land lubber!
    It's the whole x marks the spot trope since that map doesn't look like the travelling in-game icon.
    Plus, Wow isn't that meta yet.

There are Bloodsail Mages, Magus, Warlocks and they're pirates.
    I guess it's the whole naval theme around them, tattered robes, rope around forearms, tentacles, kind of a treasure map. Cultist pirates! I tell ye land lubber!
    It's the whole x marks the spot trope since that map doesn't look like the travelling in-game icon.
    Plus, Wow isn't that meta yet.
    It wasn't about being meta so much as the path leading to the X.

Generally treasure maps with an X lead you along an otherwise difficult to follow path (usually through the jungle and mountains to the spot where the treasure is buried, or across the sea from landmark to landmark to get to the hidden island).

This map (if we interpret the X as treasure and the map as a continent/island with a smaller landmass to the south) doesn't make much sense. The landmass is right there to the south, clearly within visual range... why would you need a path telling you to go from the bigger island to the smaller one? If the treasure is on the smaller one, of course that's where you need to be. You'd expect it to look more like:

As it is, it looks more like it's showing how to get from the main area to the smaller southern area... which is odd because if it's a normal map, you should be able to just see the other island.

Deleted
    It wasn't about being meta so much as the path leading to the X.

Generally treasure maps with an X lead you along an otherwise difficult to follow path (usually through the jungle and mountains to the spot where the treasure is buried, or across the sea from landmark to landmark to get to the hidden island).

This map (if we interpret the X as treasure and the map as a continent/island with a smaller landmass to the south) doesn't make much sense. The landmass is right there to the south, clearly within visual range... why would you need a path telling you to go from the bigger island to the smaller one? If the treasure is on the smaller one, of course that's where you need to be. You'd expect it to look more like:

As it is, it looks more like it's showing how to get from the main area to the smaller southern area... which is odd because if it's a normal map, you should be able to just see the other island.
    Perhaps they're the ones looking for the hidden treasure.
    You may be right, unless.
    Well, what if that smaller island isn't there any longer?
    We arrive at the spot only to find out that now it's underwater.

Edit: Fine, I'm stretching it here.
    They may not be pirates, but at least, judging by those barnacles, they might be cultists of some kind.
    Last edited by mmocd80020f614; 2017-08-21 at 06:09 AM.

Perhaps they're the ones looking for the hidden treasure.
    You may be right, unless.
    Well, what if that smaller island isn't there any longer?
    We arrive at the spot only to find out that now it's underwater.
    That was kinda my point, except that the smaller "island" is the only actual island, and the larger part of the map is all below. The X indicates a way to get down to that area from the smaller island, like a cave entrance.

Deleted
    That was kinda my point, except that the smaller "island" is the only actual island, and the larger part of the map is all below. The X indicates a way to get down to that area from the smaller island, like a cave entrance.
    OH, the caves thing, I got it.

I like warforge/titanforge a lot.

I could do without the current iteration of the legendary system.
    WF/TF is a shitacular system. Just bring back the Item Upgrades from a vendor, drop a currency, and let the player choose when he/she upgrades their gear over an RNG system.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    WF/TF is a shitacular system. Just bring back the Item Upgrades from a vendor, drop a currency, and let the player choose when he/she upgrades their gear over an RNG system.
    this for god's sake no more rng i cant take it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    My whole existence is a lie.

Wait for this Friday when TS finally is releasing new music!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

OH, the caves thing, I got it.
    Now you understand the truth, and see with clear eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Gross. At that point you might as well just scrap any form of upgrade altogether and just have regular items drop or they don't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wait for this Friday when TS finally is releasing new music!
    Oh? Who wrote it this time?

Deleted
    I mean Kul'Tiras always had problems with Nagas and Pirates in the past, right?
    And Nagas are connected with Old Gods, right?
    Now all of the sudden, we found data-mined Kul'Tiras robes that have Old Gods patterns over it, right? Barnacles, tentacles, map pieces, rough ropes, quite suspicious, right?
    I will take another step now.
    A pirate is a person who attacks and robs ships at sea. Judging from those robes, they've got quite enough of action if you catch what I'm saying.
    You've got to do what you've got to do to survive, which means, taking trolls and other races to join the Kul'Tiras. Strange, isn't it?
    Perhaps that's why they called Jaina back, hmm?
    Her once PROUD people, get it? Proudmoore.
    Her once proud people turned against one another, some became cultists, other pirates. Those who fled got captured, the Shipwrecked Captives in Legion for example.
    How desperate must you be to take a troll, a Zandalari troll by no means as your fellow crewmate?
    Suspicious, Pirate Cultists!

Edit:
    Now you understand the truth, and see with clear eyes.
    Too many caves, boring.

Oh? Who wrote it this time?
    We don't know yet but I'm sure it's Taylor Swift & Max Martin again.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    I'm not sure we have lore on Kul Tiras having Naga problems in the past (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it certainly wouldn't be unfathomable for a maritime civilization to be attacked by a race of sea monsters. Pirate issues seem like they'd be a given for a sea-based society that would have to trade nonstop. If Kul Tiras was moved to the south seas, they would be close to Zandalar as well; all of what you're saying makes sense to me.

If we saw cultists, they'd likely be an extension of Twilight's Hammer as pirates or something (which doesn't care what race you are). Trolls/Kul Tiras/Naga teaming up is certainly possible.

Although, one thing I feel I should clarify. The Shipwrecked Captives seemed to be from multiple ships that the giants took into slavery. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw no indication that the captured Kul Tiras marines were crewmates or even allies with the captured Zandalari trolls. It was simply a matter of captives escaping their captors and working together to do so.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kul_Tiras
    In the Rpg, it says that they did have problems with them. 'Murloc, naga, and pirates that threaten the coasts and vessels of Kul Tiras.
    In Kul Tiras, murlocs and naga crawl from the sea to torment sailors and fishermen.'
    Settlers from Kul Tiras built a town in Dustwallow Marsh, got destroyed by naga.(Warcraft 3)
    'They hate naga, murlocs and pirates for sinking their ships and stealing their resources' (From the RPG)

'Demanding to see proof, they journeyed back to Tidefury Cove to discover it destroyed by Naga. Finding survivors, Jaina recognised them as her countrymen.'
    There had been problems in the past.
    Also, the Bloodsail Cultist card from Hearthstone might be a hint.
    Same patch as N'zoth.
    And we know the old God matches the patterns on the robe.
    We also know that there's a possibility of Pirate Cultists.

I'm aware Hearthstone isn't canon.
    I'm just throwing it out that there might be something out there.

Deleted

I'm calling it now. Gem incrusted claws are the replacement to artifact weapons

Deleted
    While the RPG isn't canon, Blizzard has in the past essentially adopted flavor lore from the RPG into WoW (I'm not sure if intentionally or by coincidence). So while you can't go by what the RPG says regarding Kul Tiras, Naga and Pirates are a pretty safe bet for things we'll see in Kul Tiras.

Dustwallow Marsh is pretty far from Kul Tiras though; what I meant specifically is we don't currently have established lore regarding Naga incursions on the actual island of Kul Tiras. I'm sure we'll see naga there whenever we see Kul Tiras in game.

And Hearthstone canon would be pretty cool. I'd love to see Gadgetzan turned into the big city it is within hearthstone lore. You have to keep in mind though, Hearthstone is canon in a sense (it is supposed to exist as a game within the warcraft universe). So characters knowing of N'zoth (since his name was on everyone's lips shortly after the Cataclysm), it would make sense from an in-universe flavor perspective to speculate on "cultist pirates".

Everything you said is very possible though (and probably likely).

I was just pointing out that they could go in any direction they want since we haven't gotten much lore on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaked Shaman tier 22:

Yeah I know the RPG isn't entirely canon, I mean things like Medan barely got confirmed. Most of their interactions seem quite generalised anyway.
    Gadgetzan would be neat as a big city with a big port leading to the islands.

Hopefully, they'll push it even further and drown us in content.

Too many caves, boring.
    No, no. You don't understand the beauty of caves, friend.
    They can be even more varied, interesting and unique than surface environments.

[1][2][3][4]
    [5][6][7][8]
    [9][10][11][12]

Deleted
    No, no. You don't understand the beauty of caves, friend.
    They can be even more varied, interesting and unique than surface environments.

[1][2][3][4]
    [5][6][7][8]
    [9][10][11][12]
    Uldaman, Blackrock depths, Maraudon, Gnomeregan, Deadmines, despite being dungeons, they weren't appealing to players. Most of them were either subterranean or in caves.

Not to mention that they wanted to do Azjol-Nerub but weren't able to handle it. That alone is possibly too big and decided to add it later would frustrate people.
    Since you know, spiders and stuff. It'd be like taking the entirety of Northrend, but it's all spiders now.

Would it be as bad as the underwater zones? Nah, but seeing too many of them sounds like a no-no.
    And travelling seems inconvenient.

Deleted
    I think Me'dan has actually been pushed into non-canon and replaced by Khadgar.

At least I hope he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Azjol-Nerub is the OG faralohn and would have been a thing of beauty. The small glimpses we get at what could've been make me sad every time.
    Only because WotLK was diverse enough for it to fit in, that's different.
    It would've been a perfect addition to the game if they had the time.
    Sucks but might be.

Uldaman, Blackrock depths, Maraudon, Gnomeregan, Deadmines, despite being dungeons, they weren't appealing to players. Most of them were either subterranean or in caves.

Not to mention that they wanted to do Azjol-Nerub but weren't able to handle it. That alone is possibly too big and decided to add it later would frustrate people.
    Since you know, spiders and stuff. It'd be like taking the entirety of Northrend, but it's all spiders now.

Would it be as bad as the underwater zones? Nah, but seeing too many of them sounds like a no-no.
    And travelling seems inconvenient.
    Uh, what? BRD and Deadmines weren't appealing to players? I don't even know what 5-man could be put on the same level as VC, except maybe wailing caverns, which is also a cave.

Various caverns is no different than various forests, or mountains, or hills or plains, or any other zone. Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor and the Broken Isles are all basically just continents with some foresting and some mountainous snowy areas. How are people not sick of that? Travelling is no different than any other environment and I don't see how them not doing AN is somehow a mark against cave environments. There have been plenty of places that were cut from expansions.