I'm confused. What abilities were you using as an offtank where you would even have a fraction of the threat of the MT? Generally speaking, you should have some of the lowest threat without manipulating the fight with Shirk.

Also, if you don't, you should totally have Shirk on your bars for 8 man content as a tank.

The usual slashing debuff+either buff for dmg or the healing to get to 50 rage or then the normal threat combo. Was the first time i actualy stole threat with my opener. I dont usualy have shirk in my bars cause i never need it
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    welp nothing like gettin "bullied" in a deltascape run just because the mt tank got his fefes hurt when i stole his agroo as an ot...
    Uuh, as an OT, it's part of your job not to grab aggro. That's what the funky colored aggro indicator is for. Orange means stop.
    Esp when the mt tanks in DPS stance you do have to be a bit careful.

The usual slashing debuff+either buff for dmg or the healing to get to 50 rage or then the normal threat combo. Was the first time i actualy stole threat with my opener. I dont usualy have shirk in my bars cause i never need it
    You only use threat combos as the MT, and only when you actually need to widen the lead.

For WAR for instance, the optimal combo is Eye (slashing Debuff) > Path > Path> Eye. Butcher's Block is now a DPS loss over Storm's Path because of Path's better gauge generation.

Shirk makes it so you can avoid using threat combos - which are substantial DPS losses, and so the new MT gets a bigger threat lead. It's probably one of the best role skills you can put on your bar next to Provoke and Rampart.

I'd be pretty pissed too if the OT was using threat combos, because that would mean that I have to screw up my entire rotation to fight for enmity.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-08-21 at 12:27 PM.

welp nothing like gettin "bullied" in a deltascape run just because the mt tank got his fefes hurt when i stole his agroo as an ot...

first he and his friends accuse me of provoking the boss (in both deltascape 1 and 2), then they state that i was in tank stance from the starts and thats why i stole agroo and that (at that point i as oficialy mting) i was a shitty tank because i didn't switch to dps stance while mting and that my supposedly 2k dps was bad... was even worse in deltascape 2 cause 1 of the healers would just dps and and the other one kept pulling me into shit so that i would die... i took agroo from him there again and even after i died and got petrified twice (was typing in chat) i almost again stole agroo from that guy...

jesus efin christ man...
    It kinda sounds like you made the mistakes here:

1) You were using aggro combo's instead of DPS combos.
    2) You didn't have Shirk. (always have shirk for 8m content, and may as well make a macro that always targets #2 in the party.
    3) FYI - I do approximately 3,200 DPS in normal Omega in those fights. (i327), this is as OT.

4) You only really need one healer for normal raiding. The other can fulltime DPS with incredibly rare spot heals even at min ilvl and be fine.

The good news is now that you can identify the issues they're super easy fixes:

1) Make a Shirk Macro. Should look something like this, but I'm doing this from memory so I could be slightly off.
    /micon "Shirk" /ac Shirk <2>

2) Don't use aggro combos when you're OT.

3) There's very little reason to be in tank stance full time. Use your DPS stance more often. Pop back into defensive stance if shit starts hitting the fan, i.e. 2+ deaths, or you're consistently not healed up and the healer is struggling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I'm confused. What abilities were you using as an offtank where you would even have a fraction of the threat of the MT? Generally speaking, you should have some of the lowest threat without manipulating the fight with Shirk.

Also, if you don't, you should totally have Shirk on your bars for 8 man content as a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed too if the OT was using threat combos, because that would mean that I have to screw up my entire rotation to fight for enmity.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    1) Make a Shirk Macro. Should look something like this, but I'm doing this from memory so I could be slightly off.
    /micon "Shirk" /ac Shirk <2>
    Yeah that macro should work.
    Just to expand here for folks who aren't too familiar with Shirk use, you can use it in several different ways:

1. Obviously, after a tank swap. The new MT tank provokes and the previous MT tank Shirks.
    2. If there is no swapping necessary - say like in O3S, we don't swap - my co-tank periodically provokes Hallicarnassus and shirks, giving me a bump in threat (it helps out enough that I only have to use 1 Dark Arts Power Slash before turning off Grit in the beginning)
    3. A little more complicated, but a double Shirk. Tank 1 is holding threat, and Tank 2 Provokes. Tank 1 Shirks onto Tank 2, and then provokes back. Then Tank 2 Shirks onto Tank 1. If you don't need either provoke, it gives by far the biggest threat lead.

Love this game but damn, the 7th astral era quests are a slog to get through.

If you are OT you pretty much never need to hit threat combo at all.

For content with 2 tanks, Shirk is love, Shirk is life. Makes tank swapping infinitely smoother.

A good MT is only gonna use a combo or two depending on there gear then go DPS stance and watch threat while balencing cooldowns. If your staying in tank stance you hurting not only you groups damage from you, but also your MT.

Ok ill update my rotation but still trying to get me killed and throwing insults is a tad too much for just stealing agroo

Ok ill update my rotation but still trying to get me killed and throwing insults is a tad too much for just stealing agroo
    Not trying to pile on more hateor anything, but I have to ask what you mean when you say "update my rotation"? The way you worded it makes it sound like you use a macro for your combos, and that's always going to be a flat DPS loss due to the way the game executes macros.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

I dont use macros when i said that order i meant the order of the akills i press or combo if you will

10+ Year Old Account
    trying to get me killed and throwing insults is a tad too much for just stealing agroo
    Yes it is. They should have told you not to use threat combos and use the DPS rotation instead.
    Would have taken them about 20 seconds and saved a lot of nerves.

You made a mistake. They behaved like assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

4) You only really need one healer for normal raiding. The other can fulltime DPS with incredibly rare spot heals even at min ilvl and be fine.
    Provided everyone knows what they are doing and follows mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I failed because I looked at this?

What is this bullshit ass sexist ass game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I failed because I looked at this?

What is this bullshit ass sexist ass game?
    Yes because the point of the quest is to look at the what the NPC (Gegeruju) was likely looking at. The man is a womanizer. Reading is hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yes because the point of the quest is to look at the what the NPC (Gegeruju) was likely looking at. The man is a womanizer. Reading is hard
    Sexist as fuck. Unsubbing.

Got 03S to 7% in a pug last night. Was a solid group. I think we could have gotten it with another hour or so, but it was midnight and I was tired and getting sloppy. We're all going to touch base next week and try for it (my static is at least 4-5 weeks out on a clear, so no risk of me clearing it with them and still joining static for practice lol).

What's up with the lag though late at night? Every night past like 8 or 9 PM EST My already fucking god awful 110MS goes to 220+ and stays there. Doesn't seem to impact other games/net and never had this issue when servers were east coast (I know some fios people did, but comcast here). I can just barely double oGCD at 110MS, and at 220, combo's don't even register in time.

I asked in FC if anyone wanted to come to an EX roulette (last one to cap for the week) and a healer joined. The temple of the fist took 24 minutes with her doing a whopping 103 DPS (FWIW, my brother's WHM friend who I've been doing story dungeons with them as they level through HW does more than that, 15 levels lower and 150ilvl lower...

Then to add insult to injury the ilvl 310 ish RDM is doing significantly less DPS than me and is just using ST spells over and over despite pull size. I ask him to use his AOE spells, but nope doesn't listen and keeps on keeping on. Doesn't even respond. The SAM barely out DPS'd me. at 3200. I was at 2900 (over entire dungeon).

FWIW I did this dungeon the other day with slightly better DPS, and a top notch healer and the run took 17 minutes flat. Yeah that's a 41% reduction in run time (might be 29%, my basic math is bad sometimes).

So anyway, she has the gall to say 'gosh i was so bored', I said, well you could have DPS'd more. She said I strictly heal on healer and if I wanted to DPS I'd pick a DPS and I said "oh I see". Note to self. Stick to DF. I know I know, blah blah blah you're an elitist prick Wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Provided everyone knows what they are doing and follows mechanics.
    For sure
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-08-22 at 01:27 PM.

What's up with the lag though late at night? Every night past like 8 or 9 PM EST My already fucking god awful 110MS goes to 220+ and stays there. Doesn't seem to impact other games/net and never had this issue when servers were east coast (I know some fios people did, but comcast here). I can just barely double oGCD at 110MS, and at 220, combo's don't even register in time.
    220ms...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*cough* Yes, that's terrible, says the guy stuck on satmodems...

Anyways, yes, I've noticed higher latency myself trying to play at those times (you can just imagine...) must be some congestion on the pathways. Personally I think SE just cheapass things.

FWIW I did this dungeon the other day with slightly better DPS, and a top notch healer and the run took 17 minutes flat. Yeah that's a 41% reduction in run time (might be 29%, my basic math is bad sometimes).
    It's 29%. And no, you're not an elitist prick, cos a prick would've told them they were bad and wasted their time. You were polite about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    220ms...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*cough* Yes, that's terrible, says the guy stuck on satmodems...

Anyways, yes, I've noticed higher latency myself trying to play at those times (you can just imagine...) must be some congestion on the pathways. Personally I think SE just cheapass things.

It's 29%. And no, you're not an elitist prick, cos a prick would've told them they were bad and wasted their time. You were polite about it.
    Well, Here's the thing, when I quit in HW my ping was 40. Now it's 110, sometimes 200+. It's dangerously close to making me not play anymore, which is really depressing.

Regarding the math, I thought when measuring "faster' it's difference between values / value being compared i.e. 7 / 17 = 41%. I.e. Run 1 was 41% faster, the math conversely would show that run 2 was 29% slower. 7 / 24 = 29%.

Weird I'm from the East Coast in Canada and I get 90~ MS with the new server change. Haven't noticed this rise at night time too.

Sigh I miss my old 15~ MS now after being reminded of the server change.