Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Trump on naval servicemen killed in an accident: "That's too bad."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/na...p-east-n794386

Ten sailors were missing after a Navy destroyer collided with a merchant ship east of the Singapore and Malacca Straits, authorities said Sunday.

Five sailors were injured in the collision between the USS John S. McCain and the merchant vessel Alnic MC, a 30,000-ton chemical and oil tanker sailing under the Libyan flag, the Navy said in a statement.

Four of the injured sailors were evacuated by a Singaporean Navy helicopter to a hospital in the island city-state with non-life threatening injuries. The fifth injured sailor did not require immediate medical attention, the Navy said.

A Navy spokesman told NBC News the incident was being treated as an accident.

There were no reports of oil pollution following the incident, Singapore's government said in a statement.

The guided missile destroyer is named for the Arizona’s senator’s father and grandfather, both of whom were admirals.

Responding to a shouted question from a reporter about the incident on Sunday, President Donald Trump said: "That's too bad."
    Jesus fucking Christ. An accident claims the lives of several servicemen and all he says is "that's too bad"?

Deleted
    A person who lacks empathy entirely, and has forgone any attempt to learn how to be sympathetic isn't going to make a statement much warmer than that.

"That's too bad. Now ask me again about Confederate monuments, I'm not done gushing about how beautiful they are and what a tragedy it is that they're being taken down."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Responding to a shouted question from a reporter about the incident on Sunday, President Donald Trump said: "That's too bad."

Trump later tweeted, "Thoughts & prayers are w/ our @USNavy sailors aboard the #USSJohnSMcCain where search & rescue efforts are underway."

You really think that no one can say something wrong recently with certain bullshit going on but Trump continues to prove that you can indeed say the wrong.

How can a grown ass man fail something as easy as these questions.

"What should you say if servicemen die?" A - We feel incredible sorrow for what has happened and we send our regards to the families of these servicemen. B - It is an incredible tragedy what happened here.

Instead Trump choose option C and goes completely brain dead and spews whatever comes to mind first.

This is amazing because just last week he fucked up with denouncing Nazis.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

Jesus fucking Christ. An accident claims the lives of several servicemen and all he says is "that's too bad"?
    Jesus fucking Christ. IF you actually quoted ONE MORE LINE from that article

Trump later tweeted, "Thoughts & prayers are w/ our @USNavy sailors aboard the #USSJohnSMcCain where search & rescue efforts are underway."

im sure its his fault some how too.
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-21 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post

Thoughts and prayers are with <insert topical issue here>.

I wonder if Twitter has some kind of pro forma with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Jesus fucking Christ. IF you actually quoted ONE MORE LINE from that article

im sure its his fault some how too.
    Or he could have said the right thing the first time instead of, yet again, having to do a double take and say the right thing after saying something incredibly dumb. You know, like how normal people with both sides of their brain works.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You really think that no one can say something wrong recently with certain bullshit going on but Trump continues to prove that you can indeed say the wrong.

How can a grown ass man fail something as easy as these questions.

"What should you say if servicemen die?" A - We feel incredible sorrow for what has happened and we send our regards to the families of these servicemen. B - It is an incredible tragedy what happened here.

Instead Trump choose option C and goes completely brain dead and spews whatever comes to mind first.

This is amazing because just last week he fucked up with denouncing Nazis.
    Funny that we expect either A or B in situation like this, no matter how insincere the person saying those lines would be while saying them.

"Ugh, an another lame accident? Couldn't care less, but better copypaste some "thoughts and prayers" so the media is satisfied."

That's the reaction to hearing that your cousins kid couldn't play in his second grade baseball teams last game of the season because he got sick, not to a sailor dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Or he could have said the right thing the first time instead of, yet again, having to do a double take and say the right thing after saying something incredibly dumb. You know, like how normal people with both sides of their brain works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with <insert topical issue here>.

I wonder if Twitter has some kind of pro forma with that.

why would OP not post the entire article, even if it doesnt fit your agenda.

i dont really care what Trump said, yes hes a moron, but why not just post whats actually said.

you guys didnt even read the article, you just jumped on the band wagon of trump bashing, and now make even more excuses. sad

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "That's too bad. Now ask me again about Confederate monuments, I'm not done gushing about how beautiful they are and what a tragedy it is that they're being taken down."
    yup, thats what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know the actually question the reported shouted out? that's too bad.

i dont really care what Trump said, yes hes a moron, but why not just post whats actually said.

you guys didnt even read the article, you just jumped on the band wagon of trump bashing, and now make even more excuses. sad
    No, I'm not terribly impressed by a generic tweet posted well after there's been time for his coms team to figure out what to get him to tweet. I'm more interested in his instant reaction, since that's going to be the more genuine reaction as it's unscripted.

And it's showing the same lack of empathy that he's consistently shown at almost every opportunity. Which isn't remotely surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the reaction to hearing that your cousins kid couldn't play in his second grade baseball teams last game of the season because he got sick, not to a sailor dying.
    my thoughts and prayers to any family who has to suffer a missed little league game.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not terribly impressed by a generic tweet posted well after there's been time for his coms team to figure out what to get him to tweet. I'm more interested in his instant reaction, since that's going to be the more genuine reaction as it's unscripted.

And it's showing the same lack of empathy that he's consistently shown at almost every opportunity. Which isn't remotely surprising.
    what tweet? oh the one you had no clue about til i actually had to post it. we were too busy bashing other things to bother reading

yup, thats what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know the actually question the reported shouted out? that's too bad.
    To be honest, it changes very little about their 'agenda'. Trump saying something somewhat inappropriate off the top of his head, then a bit later his aides urge him to make a different statement in order to do damage control - that is pretty much how it works, and what people here want to point out. If his condolences really meant something to Trump, he wouldn't have waited two more hours to give them.

what tweet? oh the one you had no clue about til i actually had to post it. we were too busy bashing other things to bother reading
    Do you have a point with all these responses? I was aware of the tweet before I posted. I wasn't impressed with his verbal response or his tweet.

Are you going to get mad at my opinion some more, or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cindy & I are keeping America's sailors aboard the USS John S McCain in our prayers tonight - appreciate the work of search & rescue crews - John Mccain

can you believe this fake ass response too?

they name a fucking navy ship after him, 10 service men die, and hes going to keep them in his prayers for one night.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to get mad at my opinion some more, or something?
    just your uninformed opinions that assure me you dont read and just react

- - - Updated - - -

“Serious mistakes were made by the crew,” he said
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-21 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Cindy & I are keeping America's sailors aboard the USS John S McCain in our prayers tonight - appreciate the work of search & rescue crews - John Mccain

can you believe this fake ass response too?

they name a fucking navy ship after him, 10 service men die, and hes going to keep them in his prayers for one night.

- - - Updated - - -

just your uninformed opinions that assure me you dont read and just react

- - - Updated - - -

“Serious mistakes were made by the crew,” he said
    Are you ok bro?

Trump's immediate response to this event was that of a sociopath. Argue whatever else you want, that much is objectively true.

10+ Year Old Account

Trump didn't tweet that, one of the social media staffers did.
    You can tell who is who based on syntax alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

What's up with the Faux outrage? This is from your own link. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66340238491648

Giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, 'That's too bad' is a pretty normal response if, say, your co-worker told you about the incident the next morning. However, it isn't a normal response when you're President and the person telling you is a reporter. What any other President would have done would be to stop and give a brief and meaningful statement honoring the fallen crew and so on and so forth. Trump's response shows he almost certainly didn't know about it and possibly didn't think it was important (because it wasn't about him.)

Also we should probably stop normalizing the idea that Twitter condolences count in any meaningful way.
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-08-21 at 12:08 PM.