Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Different from the first Captain America's.

The USA of the 1950-1970s still had a better memory of WW2 - the people who threw white supremacists in jail and chased them off to mexico, with a Captain America that punched nazis.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

There is very little doubt about it that the USA will turn into the second Nazi nation the way it's heading right now with nazi apologists and fake news on every corner. All the more reason why the EU should prepare for the worst.
    There's like, 100k Nazis in the US. Not even Nazis actually, that is lumping ALL white identitarians in with Nazis, which in practice has problems. We have a population of over 300 million. I see no reason to believe that your sentiment is anything other than sensationalism.

What is way way more likely, is that these retarded Nazis and Communists take to fighting in the street and your average liberal and your average conservative go to the police and say, "Please, protect us from the crazy guys!" and then to deal with these minor uprisings the government passes a new law expanding their powers in dealing with domestic terrorism. The Nazis don't win. The Commies don't win. The government wins. Everything more or less goes back to normal, but big government gets a little bit bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Infinicide?
    Multicide?
    Unicide?
    I like infinicide. Rolls off the tongue.

There is very little doubt about it that the USA will turn into the second Nazi nation the way it's heading right now with nazi apologists and fake news on every corner. All the more reason why the EU should prepare for the worst.
    What symbol will they adopt?

If Nazis knew something, they knew how to brand. All old German flags and symbols were mostly phased out when Nazis rose to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I punch a nazi in the face? Sure

Will you get arrested? Yes

Will anybody but nazi sympathizers and "independents" give a shit? Most definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There's like, 100k Nazis in the US. Not even Nazis actually, that is lumping ALL white identitarians in with Nazis, which in practice has problems. We have a population of over 300 million. I see no reason to believe that your sentiment is anything other than sensationalism.

What is way way more likely, is that these retarded Nazis and Communists take to fighting in the street and your average liberal and your average conservative go to the police and say, "Please, protect us from the crazy guys!" and then to deal with these minor uprisings the government passes a new law expanding their powers in dealing with domestic terrorism. The Nazis don't win. The Commies don't win. The government wins. Everything more or less goes back to normal, but big government gets a little bit bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

I like infinicide. Rolls off the tongue.
    Sweet. Now to copyright it and reap the rewards when DC knocks.

I also like Genocide on infinite Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Rosenfeld states "it seems contradictory to extend freedom of speech to extremists who... if successful, ruthlessly suppress the speech of those with whom they disagree,"
    Doesn't this mean that freedom of speech shouldn't apply to people who attempt to justify violently attacking people who say things they disagree with? Does this mean that the Paradox of Tolerance is more applicable to the 'punch a Nazi' crowd?

Of course, what most people don't notice is that the 'morality' of these people is derived not from reasoning and ethics, but from mob rule.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Im not into violence, but sometimes violence is all Nazi's understand. And if you are asking who are "nazies" these people:

The people that participated in the recent Nazi Pride Parade.
    What about the man who was stabbed for his haircut?

I also take this as meaning vigilantism is fine. Or if it isnt, why are you encouraging by inciting civilians to commit assault?

Another thing I want to mention about Nazi Germany and its rise to power... The guys that supported Hitler, the far right nationalists, they were primarily WW1 veterans, while the Communists that opposed them were regular civilians. I think this matters a lot for two reasons. The first is that the Communists were doomed to failure from the start. They weren't gonna beat battle hardened soldiers that fought in WW1.

The second point, and I think this is the more important one, is that Nazism was more than anything, an echo of the brutality of WW1. No one that fought in that war came back home whole. It was a meat grinder that an entire generation of men were thrown into. Insanity was not a possibility, it was a fact of trench warfare. No one could get shelled for 5 days straight and come away with their mind fully intact.

I'm not saying that Nazis were insane, but I think on some level that was actually a part of it. WW1 is really what taught the world about PTSD. They called it being Shell Shocked, which was later called Battle Fatigue, and now we call it PTSD. Before the war though, we didn't really know much about this condition, so in the first year of the war when people broke they were just shot for insubordination. This happened on both sides of the war. Eventually generals learned you had to rotate soldiers in and out of the front to make sure they didn't turn into gibbering messes, but people still got fucked mentally. To me there's no question that WW1 was by far the most horrific conflict in human history. WW2 may have had a higher body count, but the living conditions for the average soldier didn't consist of laying in the mud among mutilated body parts and flies for 16 hours a day while your ears ring with the sound of constant explosions and you just hope that the next blast doesn't get you or your buddy next to you.

The point, is that America has had nothing that is even in the ballpark of that in living memory. I don't think we're capable of turning into Nazi Germany, because the absolute horror that fostered Nazi support in large numbers is just not something we Americans have experienced.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to understand. A lot of people were using Cap as actual justification for this. So, obviously, showing that has got to be fake.
    Didn't he wind up becoming the leader of Hydra this year? Isn't that almost just like a Nazi? You can claim it's because of brainwashing (through tampering of his memories), but aren't all alt-right tools really just brainwashed anyways?

Secondly, who doesn't wear their finest yamacha to a Nazi rally? I count 8 different yamachas in those pages.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/6686912.html

Of course this is absolutely culturally relevant to today, Captain America gets physical with them both, gives them a stern talking to and of course the Jewish man, is suddenly prone to violence against Captain America calling him the equivalent of 1980s SJW. He then backs up and they both trip and pass out.

So remember children when Nazis hit you with a vehicle, just grab them by the front of the shirt and give them a stern talking to.

The message was clearly meant to have a good intentions back in 1982. It was essentially saying Nazis fucking suck, but people shouldn't be so quick to violence. The only problem with Steve's message the way it is, it's missing the panel to be relevant today, where the Nazis shower him with praise and endorsement for his message of support. (Maybe not quite, his message was still more on point than the President's)

Lastly, honestly, what do comics truly have to do with this?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-08-21 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Can we just get a damn nazi megathread lol wtf with these threads
    The neo-Nazi apologists are out en masse as they desperately fuel the "but teh evul leftists!!"-narrative.

So yeah, a megathread would be welcome... Let the circlejerk have their little corner of "free speech".

Could you "punch a nazi"? Sure, but be prepared to face the consequences, and also be prepared that you might just be punching an innocent person seeing as how neo-Nazis are a very small minority...

The same rhetoric is used for "can you punch a terrorist", but you won't see the "but muh Nazi rights!"-people out proclaiming how bad the reasoning is in those circumstances...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-21 at 02:13 PM.

These morons would justify anything to help them sleep at night...

It's okay. You'll survive a punch. It might hurt a little, but after a day you'll walk it off again.

I got punched all the time when I did my karate and kickboxing classes.
    Tell that to the plenty of people that died from being sucker punched...

I dont know, thats up to you. There are consequences to every action. Would I punch people? No. But I also would not fight in wars... There are a lot of people that don't mind punching or killing Nazi's though... My grandfather fought in WW2, killed a bunch of Nazies... Russia gave him Medals.

As for the haircut thing... I will let Dave Chappelle answer that:

Now just apply that routine to Muslims and terrorists.

It isn't? Have you checked the violence against Muslims statistics in the US?

Hate Crimes Against Muslims in US Continue to Rise in 2016
    Trump Needs to be More Forceful – and Public – in Condemning Hate Crimes
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/05/11/...inue-rise-2016

Of course, there is a stark Difference. On the face of it Islam is not about wiping out anyone not like it... no more than the other Religions have been. Nazism is exactly about White Superiority, and wiping out anyone not like it. We should not tolerate intolerance, the right thing to do is not ignore it, but stand up to it. And that comes to parts of Islam that is intolerant and still being followed by people but also the people that espouse, and proudly march in Nazi Parades.
    A haircut has nothing to do with wanting to kill people, either. I'm just pointing out that means you have no issue with violence against random Muslims as a pushback against ISIS if you're going to use a fucking comedy routine to justify a stabbing.

Of course, there is a stark Difference. On the face of it Islam is not about wiping out anyone not like it... no more than the other Religions have been.
    Though every theocratic religion does condemn blasphemers who don't believe in the one true God...

It isn't? Have you checked the violence against Muslims statistics in the US?

Hate Crimes Against Muslims in US Continue to Rise in 2016
    Trump Needs to be More Forceful – and Public – in Condemning Hate Crimes
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/05/11/...inue-rise-2016

Of course, there is a stark Difference. On the face of it Islam is not about wiping out anyone not like it... no more than the other Religions have been. Nazism is exactly about White Superiority, and wiping out anyone not like it. We should not tolerate intolerance, the right thing to do is not ignore it, but stand up to it. And that comes to parts of Islam that is intolerant and still being followed by people but also the people that espouse, and proudly march in Nazi Parades.
    Thats why all those wonderful Nazis we ship to the US to help work science after WWII right? to help stomp it out?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think we need more nazi threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We need them for all the people that want violence in the streets but are too cowardly to do it themselves.

We need them for all the people that want violence in the streets but are too cowardly to do it themselves.
    If you don't punch a Nazis, you are one!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We need them. Nazi are everywhere nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly find that getting myself in situations like this is a waste of time and energy. While I'm not opposed to punching nazis in the face I just don't care enough to get myself in a situation that I might regret. The only time I would punch a nazi or anyone for that matter is if I absolutely had to not because they go against my beliefs.

Fact of the matter is I couldn't give a rats ass what you believe in. It doesn't affect me or the people I care about about. As long as it stays that way, believe in whatever the hell you want. It is a free country after all or so I thought anyway. These days it's seeming less so.

Curios, do theese alt-right ppl think it would be ok to attack ISIS members, who peacefully walked through the streets of New York, preaching the destruction of America and White men? I mean they'd just be speaking their opinion and using their freedom of speech, right? right? You'd most definately defend theese poor ISIS members, if someone punched them in the face right?

Nazi's does not deserve tolerance, their Whole ideology is based on intolerance.