Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGregor View Post
    Cindy & I are keeping America's sailors aboard the USS John S McCain in our prayers tonight - appreciate the work of search & rescue crews - John Mccain

can you believe this fake ass response too?

they name a fucking navy ship after him, 10 service men die, and hes going to keep them in his prayers for one night.
    At least it didn't take Mccain two separate attempts to say the right thing nor take him a team of people to tell him the right thing to say.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

"That's too bad" doesnt nearly describe my reaction if my local soccer team looses a match, I don't think Trump realises that he's commander in chief and theese men are in the end under his command (not blaming him for the accident), but you'd expect more sympathy. Can't say that I'm surprised tho, I guess it just means more gold star families he can take the piss on.

I guess that's the same thought he had on the people that died in the failed Yemen raid

Cindy & I are keeping America's sailors aboard the USS John S McCain in our prayers tonight - appreciate the work of search & rescue crews - John Mccain

can you believe this fake ass response too?

they name a fucking navy ship after him, 10 service men die, and hes going to keep them in his prayers for one night.
    Actually, that ship was named after his father and grandfather. Navy ships are exceedingly rarely named after persons still alive.

Once more the hypocrisy of Progressives. I remember when a U.S. ambassador got his head cut off. Obama's response..from the 1st tee of a golf course 'Shucks, that stinks. Ok guys, gotta go play 18!" And off he went to play golf. And no one cared.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In his deranged mind they probably embarrassed him by crashing their ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Once more the hypocrisy of Progressives. I remember when a U.S. ambassador got his head cut off. Obama's response..from the 1st tee of a golf course 'Shucks, that stinks. Ok guys, gotta go play 18!" And off he went to play golf. And no one cared.
    Let's see your source on that.

On topic:

It's Trump we're talking about. At this point does anyone really expect anything good or effective from him?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Source?

I can't even find anything about an ambassador getting decapitated.

Wow, we knocked out today's dosage of fake news in one post. Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with <insert topical issue here>.

I wonder if Twitter has some kind of pro forma with that.
    I'm also pretty sure he didn't tweet that, someone on his staff did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What's up with the Faux outrage? This is from your own link. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66340238491648
    This is, yet again, another reason why people don't think you're "independent." There's zero chance you'd give the same benefit of the doubt to dems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Are you mixing up events? It was journalist James Foley who had his head cut off, Obama's response was he was "heartbroken", after addressing the beheading he went golfing, which ofcourse seems pretty weird, but I'm not sure what kind of behaviour would have been acceptable at that point, he had also talked with James Foley's Family. Should he had spent the evening crying in the toilet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Than what is this:

https://youtu.be/3Nu6VZ9DeVc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Are you talking about this?

Obama admits that playing golf after denouncing beheading of American journalist looked bad

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/ob...ist-looked-bad

Let's see if Trump apologizes, or admits wrong doing for anything, ever.
    Didn't remember that one, thought this was the ol' Romney mistake during the second debate.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    So he says something incredibly stupid and then his staff enters damage control and he later tweet something scripted.
    Guess all is fine huh
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post

This is, yet again, another reason why people don't think you're "independent." There's zero chance you'd give the same benefit of the doubt to dems.
    I posted facts, evidence from the OP's own link therefore I must be a Republican? LOL

If Obama did this. Holy shit!!!!

People can say this is a mountain out of a mole hill and it could be if this Orange Turd had not had so many mishaps on the way. He dumb. He is a moron. He cannot complete a thought. He is POTUS.

I can't believe people elected this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    His general M.O. would have been to mention Hillary at the Benghazi hearing and to paraphrase what she said; "what does it matter".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I posted facts, evidence from the OP's own link therefore I must be a Republican? LOL
    No, the fact you have Trumps cock in your mouth constantly is why noone thinks you are a moderate. If you didn't defend Trump all the damned time... Your deflections are just as bad as Ally's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he give an actual statement? Something like.

Today, the entire world is appalled by the brutal murder of Jim Foley by the terrorist group ISIL. Jim was a journalist, a son, a brother and a friend. He reported from difficult and dangerous places, bearing witness to the lives of people a world away.

He was taken hostage nearly two years ago in Syria, and he was courageously reporting at the time on the conflict there. Jim was taken from us in an act of violence that shocked the conscience of the entire world. He was 40 years old, one of five siblings, the son of a mom and dad who worked tirelessly for his release. Earlier today, I spoke to the Foleys and told them that we are all heartbroken at their loss and join them in honoring Jim and all that he did.

Now, Jim Foley’s life stands in stark contrast to his killers. Let’s be clear about ISIL. They have rampaged across cities and villages killing innocent, unarmed civilians in cowardly acts of violence. They abduct women and children and subject them to torture and rape and slavery. They have murdered Muslims, both Sunni and Shia, by the thousands. They target Christians and religious minorities, driving them from their homes, murdering them when they can, for no other reason than they practice a different religion.

They declared their ambition to commit genocide against an ancient people. So ISIL speaks for no religion. Their victims are overwhelmingly Muslim, and no faith teaches people to massacre innocents. No just god would stand for what they did yesterday and what they do every single day. ISIL has no ideology of any value to human beings. Their ideology is bankrupt. They may claim out of expediency that they are at war with the United States or the West, but the fact is they terrorize their neighbors and offer them nothing but an endless slavery to their empty vision and the collapse of any definition of civilized behavior.

People like this ultimately fail. They fail because the future is won by those who build and not destroy. The world is shaped by people like Jim Foley and the overwhelming majority of humanity who are appalled by those who killed him. The United States of America will continue to do what we must do to protect our people. We will be vigilant and we will be relentless. When people harm Americans anywhere, we do what’s necessary to see that justice is done and we act against ISIL, standing alongside others. The people of Iraq, who with our support are taking the fight to ISIL must continue coming together to expel these terrorists from their community. The people of Syria, whose story Jim Foley told, do not deserve to live under the shadow of a tyrant or terrorists. They have our support in their pursuit of a future rooted in dignity.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a0fd2c0fe49d

And you're comparing that to.... "That's too bad." because he went golfing afterwards? That's hilarious. As for the media, Fox and the rest of the alt-right cried about it afterwards. Good thing he didn't say "That's too bad." The public might have actually cared then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump later tweeted
    This is what it's come to, ladies and gentlemen. This is the latest, gasping, exhausted defense of Trump's remaining supporters.

"Trump later tweeted".

Honestly, this entire situation would have been a nothing blip on the media, a page seven at best, had he not done exactly the same thing when refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK. Now, it's a pattern. We all know there's a difference between Teleprompter Trump and Off the Cuff Trump, but now Twitler's rabid fanbase is admitting it, too.

On topic, "that's too bad" is clearly not the first instinctual response of someone who loves this country and supports its military, let alone that he was talking about people dying. Sorry, but if you need a few hours warm-up to write something down as a suitable response to being told good people died, then you have a PR problem. If you start chaining that shit multiple times in a row, you have a sociopath.

I served in the Navy and have no problem with this, not the greatest words to use but most understand this was off the cuff. Not nearly as bad as Obama teeing off the next round after the beheading.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, in case people out there are still confused if this was a mistake or not, I suggest you consult Breitbart.

Source: McMaster Fails to Brief Trump Before ‘That’s Too Bad’ Error

I'll just leave that headline to speak for itself.