Poll: Do you agree?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Timewalking - Solo Mode

DISCLAIMER:
    This is not an alternative to Timewalking.
    This is a replacement to the way players solo run old content.
    Currently it provides no challenge - you simply roll a dice every few minutes for a chance of getting what you want.
    DISCLAIMER:

Would be nice to see Blizzard use their work on Timewalking to also provide us with a less trivial Old Content soloing experience.

Although they could simply adjust mechanics and numbers so that they function Solo that would probably end up being tuned for DPS, so I think the best way might ultimately be giving you 4 NPCs (scenario style) so you can choose which Role you want to fulfill while simultaneously being able to keep most mechanics fairly intact.

This means you would have 2 ways to run instanced old content:
    - Timewalking (just as it currently functions)
    - Solo Timewalking
    You would no longer just stomp everything in a few minutes for loot piñata.

Farming that transmog or mount might become less frustrating with higher drop rates.

The thought process in this suggestion is simple:
    - Make old content no longer trivial.
    - Don't take away the ability to solo it.
    - Improve rewards to make it feel worth the increased time and effort.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-21 at 04:23 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Why would the drop rates be any higher?

Deleted
    It always amazes me when someone want to remove the MMO part from MMORPG.
    WoW is meant to be social game, a game where you have to interact with other people in order to do the best content in the game.
    Seriously! No matter how trivial the content is, if you don't want to interact with people go play other game...
    Blizzard already have reduced the interaction needed to the bare minimum and people still want to turn the game into solo one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Why would the drop rates be any higher?
    Assuming reasonable challenge would mean more time per run.
    Therefore better drop rates than you do in the trivial version would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    WoW is meant to be social game, a game where you have to interact with other people in order to do the best content in the game.
    Seriously! No matter how trivial the content is, if you don't want to interact with people go play other game...
    Blizzard already have reduced the interaction needed to the bare minimum and people still want to turn the game into solo one...
    In your desire to criticize my intentions - which you did not correctly identify - you lost sight of the discussion.

I'm not asking to be able to solo Old Content. I can already do it easily - too easily.
    Unfortunately, it's better to do it alone than in a group because you can solo it and you get more loot for yourself...
    All I am asking is that if I'm doing it alone, I'd like it to be challenging and proportionately more rewarding, instead of trivial with 0.1% drop chances for the rarer stuff.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-21 at 05:46 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do agree farming transmog gear is infuriating at times, especially class and spec-locked items, this is not the way to go.

Timewalking exists to make content relevant for the many, not the few. Being able to solo content is a privilege that can be taken away at a moments notice. Non-tank/pet classes are lucky to be able to solo anything, so it's already not fair for everyone.

The transmog system simply needs to be better. The current iteration exist only as a lotto gold-sink and is far-far too limited. They could add more transmog tokens for PvE content via "hidden" npc near every instance to sell transmog tokens based on instance completion for timewalking badges.

The game has far too many players to accommodate solo play. Instance servers would be full constantly to the point they'd have to expand the arbitrary queue system similar to current legacy LFR/scenario queuing NPCs to everything. (although at this point I wish they would since most asian MMOs do it because they have rampant botting)
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

If you want the transmog do the actual dungeons whenever you want. The only mount you have to run timewalking to get from a dungeon is the drake, drop rates for that aren't altered by the amount of people in your group.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    What kind of nonsense poll is this? Where is option to NOT make it solo experience?

Make all old raids timewalking raids with higher drop rates for mounts and gear.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-08-21 at 06:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Make all old raids timewalking raids with higher drop rates for mounts and gear.
    thank god this will never happen. I prefer not to share my mount drop with someone else tia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thank god this will never happen. I prefer not to share my mount drop with someone else tia
    As option, not as replacement

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of nonsense poll is this?
    Your lack of reading comprehension?
    I'm suggesting a Solo Mode in addition to Timewalking - not instead of Timewalking.

Trivial content is pointless. Make it fun and challenging to solo, and adjust the rewards accordingly.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-21 at 03:45 PM.

As long as it's a balanced system where it tunes itself based on the class and spec you are queuing as, I would be fine with it having tangible rewards.

If it stays the same difficulty for a Blood DK and an Arcane Mage though, then that's just inherently giving some classes advantages so it better have trivial rewards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post

Farming that transmog or mount might become less frustrating with higher drop rates.
    If u want the mount, go with 3-4 others and get urself "twink gear" to make it go quick.

If u want the transmog, do the original dungeon and clear it 10times in time it takes to do 1 TW of same dungeon?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If u want the mount, go with 3-4 others and get urself "twink gear" to make it go quick.

If u want the transmog, do the original dungeon and clear it 10times in time it takes to do 1 TW of same dungeon?
    I get no fun from beating trivial enemies.
    The thought process in this suggestion is simple:
    - Make old content no longer trivial.
    - Don't take away the ability to solo it.
    - Improve rewards to make it feel worth the increased time and effort.

biased pool is biased.

upd. also, no thanks
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-08-21 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Your lack of reading comprehension?
    I'm suggesting a Solo Mode in addition to Timewalking - not instead of Timewalking.

Trivial content is pointless. Make it fun and challenging to solo, and adjust the rewards accordingly.
    No, your poll is bad. There are only 2 options, which are not directly related to each other. For simple yes/no question you failed miserably.

First option: "as long as reward worth my time". Why? Why are you attaching your idea to reward/time? Your proposal has nothing to do with it, so why such stupid poll option?

Second option: "I prefer trivial". How is that even remotely related to first option?

Your should read up on what "loaded questions" are. Then you'll understand why both poll options are bad and entire poll is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    First option: "as long as reward worth my time". Why? Why are you attaching your idea to reward/time? Your proposal has nothing to do with it, so why such stupid poll option?
    Yeah it does have to do with it, because I'm not asking old content to be challenging and take longer just for the sake of it.
    I recognize that although it's currently trivial, at least it's fast.
    So the Yes option clarifies what the Yes actually means.

Second option: "I prefer trivial". How is that even remotely related to first option?
    It's related to the first option because some people might actually dislike the idea of making old content challenging and rather spend as little time as possible in the old content.

The options here are:
    - Challenging and as a consequence slower, but more rewarding to compensate.
    - Trivial and Fast (as it currently is).

What other "relevant" options would there be in your idea?

I could have put "yes, even if rewards aren't changed" and "no, regardless of how rewards are improved".
    But what would be the point of that?
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-21 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    thats the core of rpgs that you outlevel ccontent if you want a challenge you can solo m+ dungeons and show how awsome you are ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats the core of rpgs that you outlevel ccontent if you want a challenge you can solo m+ dungeons and show how awsome you are ;D
    All I am saying is that 95% of the work towards giving us cool solo experience in old content is already done with Timewalking. A few tweaks for soloing and we're golden.
    I'd very much rather solo something challenging than just stomp Sunwell with 5 seconds per fight and ignoring mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    It always amazes me that some people think that group play is the only​ thing MMORPGs can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    biased pool is biased.
    Yep, shitty poll options.