Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> Ex-wife. Hardly an unbiased source.
    2> Cheating isn't an anti-feminist "thing", in the first place. So thinking this is in any way "hypocrisy" is flat-out asinine. Unless you're seriously arguing that women can't/don't cheat, or that it's somehow "different" when they do. It's just one person being shitty to their SO. That's all.
    It's more that the rallying cry of male feminists is "respect women," to the point where it's cliched. So to see a male feminist get outed as an adulterer is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    In another forum (or maybe twitter I can't remember) people were trying to guess which actresses he slept with and that's how they got the part. How is it fair for all the actresses who have appeared in Whedon's films to now face the suspicion they only got the acting role because they were willing to spread their legs? According to Whedon's ex, a few of them did and Whedon admitted as much to her.

What a great guy, what a paragon of woman empowerment. Whether he forced, coerced, bribed or pressured those women for sex or whether they willingly prostituted themselves, he's still a hypocrite and a scumbag. But please keep defending him, it's most enlightening.
    Yeaah, you can subscribe to that sort of reasoning.

I won't. And I'd cast the blame for making assumptions or guesswork about what transpired, on the people doing those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I didn't know he was behind Toy Story. Whats with the personal attacks on people and what does this even have to do with Trump?
    Has nothing to do with Trump but people keep bringing him up to deflect the fact that one of the most successful and outspoken male feminists is actually a cheating scumbag.

Deleted
    They're unrelated concepts. Cheating on his wife isn't "disrespecting women", it's disrespecting his wife. I agree it's a shitty thing to do, but it isn't about gender at all.
    How is making other women your affair not disrespecting women?

why do you keep shilling and deflecting for leftist scumbags?
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2017-08-21 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male feminist turns out to be a piece of shit. What a giant shock.

1. I enjoy his movies. And Firefly.
    2. You can label him feminist if you like, but I prefer human. Turns out, humans make bad choices. ALL humans make bad choices and under the right conditions are capable of making bad choices.
    3. Including, I'd wager, most of us making posts about his bad choices.
    4. I think I messed up the bullet statements.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Not really, no, to all three of your statements. This hasn't affected my, admittedly poor, view on feminism at all, nor do I see any cause for celebration. I was simply, like you, unaware of such cheating being sexist before entering this thread, but apparantly it is to both sides here, feminists and non-feminists alike. Not all of them perhaps, but since the highlight and true gem of this thread is the establishment of a supposed dichotomy between feminism and misogyny, that is basically the end result. Because the only thing in this, that I can see, that is straight out factual, is that having sex with young girls to whom you are in a position of power is patriarchal, and whether 'wrong' or not certainly not congruent at all with feminism. I mean feminists might have varied opinions, but around here (Scandinavia) that is undisputable. And I have a hard time disagreeing with them on that, to be frank, even though we disagree on a lot of things. It's straight out douchy.
    Well I think you come across the point that I was somewhat confused about. That both feminists and none feminists, find it a bad thing to do, which then makes the point confusing that it is this rare case of hypocrisy that needs immense exposure (I mean freaking heck, we could have daily threads on feminists and hard line family value conservatives and everything in between, cheating on their spouse).
    Also I agree with the notion that it is straight out douchy, no matter who/what you support.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    He knows we have equal rights already so why label himself a feminist? There is no point. But yes, he is a keeper which this october is our 10th anniversary.
    Thats great and no he does not have to label himself but there is no "in between" here.
    You're either for equal rights or you're not. This is one of thoes cases where there are no grey areas.

In any case, you can be an asshole even if you're for equal rights. Cheating has nothing to do with feminism.

Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.
    Just as ludicrous as claiming you can only be a feminist or a misogynist?

There's clearly no grey area that us guys who don't care about batshit crazy modern feminist agendas - and who don't put women down - can occupy at all, now is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I mean, we're basically murder hobos with magic sticks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats great and no he does not have to label himself but there is no "in between" here.
    You're either for equal rights or you're not. This is one of thoes cases where there are no grey areas.

In any case, you can be an asshole even if you're for equal rights. Cheating has nothing to do with feminism.
    That's just not true at all. He doesn't give a shit one or the other because he's busy worrying about us, not other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    You sound like one of those feminist allies.
    No he's a communist because he made a thread in the suggestions forum demanding that all right wing opinions be banned off the site.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...porting-Nazism

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That's just not true at all. He doesn't give a shit one or the other because he's busy worrying about us, not other people.
    That is not what it is about though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Annomander- View Post
    Just as ludicrous as claiming you can only be a feminist or a misogynist?

There's clearly no grey area that us guys who don't care about batshit crazy modern feminist agendas - and who don't put women down - can occupy at all, now is there?
    That grey area? That's feminism. If you think women should have equal rights and opportunities, you're a feminist.

The entire point is that this isn't an extremist or fringe viewpoint; the majority of people fit this definition. However, some people (like yourself), don't understand the label, and lash out at it for something it isn't.

And don't start with the "no, that's egalitarianism" stuff again; feminism is a particular subset of egalitarianism. They aren't separate and conflicting things; it's like trying to argue that chocolate ice cream isn't ice cream, because it's chocolate and there's more flavors than that in the category of "ice cream".

15+ Year Old Account
    So an evangelist like Jim Bakker or a politician like Bill Clinton cheating isn't newsworthy because 'private life?
    Unless it specifically contradicts their political position, like if they were strongly in favor of 1:1 man:woman marriage-until-you-die etc, then no - it's their personal life. So Jim Bakker is a good example of hypocrisy - guy thinks cheaters should be stoned to death, guy is a serial cheater.

In the case of Bill Clinton, who never specifically took such a stance, no - it never should have been a political football to be tossed around - because he never took any stance like that: no hypocrisy with his political platform. What ended up being a political issue was lying under oath, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" 'Oh, blowjobs and fingerbanging her count as sexual relations?'

In a better world than ours, he never should have even been asked that question under oath because it was irrelevant, and/or he should have been able to answer it honestly and not have it end his political career: "ya, she blew me, my wife's fine with it, why do you ask?"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I mean, what more do you expect from this disgusting piece of shit: Josh Whedon apologizes for joke sexualizing teen cancer survivors.
    That link doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's a retarded argument. Are none feminists exempt from the -Do not cheat- standard? What if it's a male feminist who is gay and in a relationship with a man, is he exempt?

This is stupid.

Yes, cheating is bad and I couldn't give a shit about Joss Whedon or feminism in general, but the two are fucking unrelated.
    Of course they are unrelated, but it serves as a quick and dirty line of attack towards dah essjeedableyou so anything goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Works for me. I didn't think it was funny because i don't get the context though.

Deleted
    Republican politician speaks to teen cancer survivors, tweets a picture about it. Joss Whedon tries to make a joke about the politician making a pass at a number of the teen cancer survivors. The expected happens, Joss Whedon apologies, say's he'll leave twitter for a bit, starts posting again the day after.

Pretty average twitter drama.

Deleted
    And now we know it was all fake just so he could get laid.
    Let's be fair, we don't know that at all. Whedon could truly be a feminist and still have moments of weakness like this.

I don't know, you don't know, no one except Whedon himself really knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Let's be fair, we don't know that at all. Whedon could truly be a feminist and still have moments of weakness like this.

I don't know, you don't know, no one except Whedon himself really knows.
    15 years is a "moment" of weakness to you?