Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Seems like no Announcement of new xpac at Gamescon

A few minutes ago the youtube life stream intro was going on. Ion Hazzikostas first words were "its all about pacth 7.3 at gamescon" which seemed to be specifically placed there to tell ppl "no announcement" in the first place.

maybe they do that to made the wednesday ceremonial thing a bit more surprising. but i think its more to not disappoint ppl that sitting in front of live stream and waitin for an announcement never comin.

i think the big announce is at blizzcon this time. maybe wednesday, as a "super surprise" on the reveal ceremony thing, as a 30s teaser without any infos or facts, maybe even without xpacs name.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-08-21 at 04:35 PM.

"announcement ceremony" Either expansion or new IP. there's something to look forward too.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thread/page418

We have a thread already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    "announcement ceremony" Either expansion or new IP. there's something to look forward too.
    Mobile game and WC3 remastered

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    It's just an Overwatch short.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's just an Overwatch short.
    Source.

/10char

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No xpac? Warcraft 4 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Source.

/10char
    Originally Posted by http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20972458
    The world premiere of a new Overwatch animated short will take place on our main stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20972458
    The world premiere of a new Overwatch animated short will take place on our main stage and via live stream during the Blizzard Reveal Ceremony on Wednesday.
    They already spoiled that in the preview stream though. And in terms of quality it just doesn't look as cool as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    They already spoiled that in the preview stream though. And in terms of quality it just doesn't look as cool as the others.
    That wasn't the short, it was a quick trailer made with in-game models for the map announcement.

Deleted
    So they bring the information we already have access to on sites like this at Gamescom instead of something more exiting?

I have the same level of demon fatique I had for Orcs at the end of WoD now and I need some good news already

That wasn't the short, it was a quick trailer made with in-game models for the map announcement.
    ^^ I'm surprised at how many people seem to think this was the animated short?? I mean jokes on us if it is but the second i saw in-game models and skins it made me pretty sure it wasn't the short

Deleted
    project titan is making a return

I highly doubt we'll see anything beyond further details of the preview material.

The reveal ceremony will be:

The full 7.3 trailer.
    Spotlight on Kel'thuzad in Heroes, and probably show off the 3 skins.
    Actual preview of the Fireside Lich King fight in Hearthstone.
    More details on Junkertown and the animated short.
    And more info on Dehaka.

Expansion reveal will wait till BlizzCon, 7.3.5 and raid will happen a few weeks later, Alpha/Beta testing of expansion begins soon after and expansion next Summer.

That's my estimate at least. Now to cool down the system now that Gamescom's reveals are basically done for me except for the full trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronissassa View Post
    ^^ I'm surprised at how many people seem to think this was the animated short?? I mean jokes on us if it is but the second i saw in-game models and skins it made me pretty sure it wasn't the short
    Right after it ended they talked about the short that's going to be shown, and they "left to watch it".

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    I highly doubt we'll see anything beyond further details of the preview material.

The reveal ceremony will be:

The full 7.3 trailer.
    Spotlight on Kel'thuzad in Heroes, and probably show off the 3 skins.
    More details on Junkertown and the animated short.
    And more info on Dehaka.

Expansion reveal will wait till BlizzCon, 7.3.5 and raid will happen a few weeks later, Alpha/Beta testing of expansion begins soon after and expansion next Summer.

That's my estimate at least. Now to cool down the system now that Gamescom's reveals are basically done for me except for the full trailer.
    Beta starting at Blizzcon? LOL. Yeah, no. It's good to want things, but be reasonable.

what is this again ?

Good! Should always be at Blizzcon.

Does this mean no details about 7.3.5 features either?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Beta starting at Blizzcon? LOL. Yeah, no. It's good to want things, but be reasonable.
    Legions did a few weeks after. They're probably the same ammount of the way through the next xpac.

It was idiotic to even expect an expansion announcement before 7.3 is even live yet. Just another case of mindless hype over nothing.

Are they gonna have a WoW Q&A? Maybe they'll tell us when they're revealing stuff? Maybe tease more systems they're thinking about?