Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Stop making things up.
    So Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD didn't have content droughts?

What game were you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I didn't expect an expansion but to say this is the biggest gamescom for blizzard is like saying a mouse has the biggest dick in the animal kingdom.
    Well for them, having Overwatch announcements + HotS + 7.3 cinematic and some more small things > New Expansion announcement I suppose :P

Glad that everyone talking about the ex pac reveal can pipe down now. 'But, but, LEGION WAS ANNOUNCED AT GAMESCOM!!!' ' It was a one off. Shut the fuck up'.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Every expansion had a content drought at the end...
    Not 14 months. The last two expansion were long droughts, yes. And Blizzard said they wanted to stop doing that. The first three expansion had like 6-9 months drought. So no, not every expansion has had a 14 month drought like you said. Like I said..you're making things up.

The drought this time around looks like it'll be about 11 months. That's about the quickest the expansion will release from the Blizzcon reveal to the launch. That's pretty significant given their stated desire to cut down on droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I didn't expect an expansion but to say this is the biggest gamescom for blizzard is like saying a mouse has the biggest dick in the animal kingdom.
    Not Blizzard's fault you made incorrect assumptions. They've a bigger presence at Gamescom than they've ever had before.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but really, Diablo needs something. Can you imagine how shitty it must be for that fanbase? And we're here complaning about an expansion announcement lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    No but really, Diablo needs something. Can you imagine how shitty it must be for that fanbase? And we're here complaning about an expansion announcement lol.
    Diablo doesn't have a fanbase, only diablo 2 fans now.

Not 14 months. The last two expansion were long droughts, yes. And Blizzard said they wanted to stop doing that. The first three expansion had like 6-9 months drought. So no, not every expansion has had a 14 month drought like you said. Like I said..you're making things up.

The drought this time around looks like it'll be about 11 months. That's about the quickest the expansion will release from the Blizzcon reveal to the launch. That's pretty significant given their stated desire to cut down on droughts.
    I said every expansion had content drought, not that it had 14 months of it. Stop making things up.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    On a positive note: Dreadlord Jaina is HOT AF

Deleted
    "biggest gamescom ever"

MEGALUL.jpg

They don't hate Diablo... It's just that Diablo is currently in this sad place where they've given up on D3 and the new Diablo game that they're focusing on is still not ready to be revealed. I expect they won't show it at this year's Blizzcon either - instead, we'll get a preview of patch content they were making in their spare time and possibly another DLC announcement, just like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Why? Both positions: having the announcement here or at blizzcon had valid arguments.

In my case, as a part of the media, it seemed more logical a Gamescom based on 7.3 and an annuncement at Blizzacon.

We hope to get some information or hint about the new expansion through the interviews to the dev staff, unless they put up an NDA on it. An hint is still possible.
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt you weren't watching the stream today, but it's been confirmed by Ion today: no expansion reveal at Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    We have necro. The fanbase sated until 2020!

#Team7.4

Too soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest in presence, smallest in contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Not Blizzard's fault you made incorrect assumptions. They've a bigger presence at Gamescom than they've ever had before.
    Incorrect assumptions about what? When blizzard says "Biggest gamescom for blizzard" You expect atleast every game to get something new, instead all we got that was 100% new to us is junkertown and kel'thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    "biggest gamescom ever"

MEGALUL.jpg
    Biggest gamecom doesn't equal next expansion reveal.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I said every expansion had content drought, not that it had 14 months of it. Stop making things up.
    No, the person you quoted said, and I quote: "You excited for 14 months of non content? i sure am"

To which you replied: "Just like every other wow expansion. We are used to it."

You made that up. Not every wow expansion has had 14 months of non content. The average is more like 10 months.

People sure are desperate to be negative.

We're not even in the final patch yet, and people already assume that we're having 14 months of "no content" once more... Meanwhile, Legion shattered any previous expansion's pace in content delivery and amount of content added.

. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, that the pacing of content + the bigger team working means good things.

Uhm no. Wrath and Cata had droughts.

Cata had a 9 month drought between 4.3 and 5.0. And yeah that is a hell of a lot. Especially considering how poorly received Dragon Soul was.