Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Nah. You were honestly being negative for the sake of being a contrarian. 8.0 was very likely up until last Wednesday, and even after that point is was definitely a 50/50 likelihood of an announcement. People who have been adamantly against 8.0 have only done so because they prefer BlizzCon or whatever.
    No it wasn't. Possible - fair enough, Likely - No. After the schedule release, suggesting it still had a 50/50 chance is laughable.

Sigh, I tried to respond earlier, but I forgot my password. After a few failed attempts and a lockout, which was way longer than 15 minutes, and a password reset that took very long to send, I finally can join in again on the conversation.

I was hoping for 8.0, but it seems that they want to focus on 7.3. I still have to see dreadlord Jaina though, I wonder how she looks in that form. I also feel terribly sad for Diablo, there was no love given at all for that game. I guess in spite of all that we gotta 'shake it off', to talk in the language some of you people talk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Using logic seems like pretty good contribution. But keep at it, you are just a box of entertainment. Hahaha please continue.
    Please, enlighten me in which way you've been using logic.

I would argue that believing in a Gamescom announcement is pretty dang logical, given that they did it in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Why does everyone say 14 months? It's pretty obvious that they are going to reveal it at Blizzcon and release the expansion super best case - September which is 10 months from Blizzcon and 7.3.5 (Raid opening) and decent case November so it's 12 months, not really 14. Kinda normal after all these years.
    Assuming it is announced in november, the new trend usually has the expansion release one year or more after announcement.

So we could have antorus 13 months

The argument that most players don't keep up with the ptr or data mining is a double edge sword. By the same token most players don't raid which means 7.3 is going to be the final major content patch for the majority of players. For them the clock starts in a week or whatever. If they want to even try to beat the horrible content droughts we've had they would need to turn to the expac around so fast. I just don't see it happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    No it wasn't. Possible - fair enough, Likely - No. After the schedule release, suggesting it still had a 50/50 chance is laughable.
    Why is it laughable? Did anything in the scheduled 1h 15m event called "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" indicate it was a ceremony not about announcing cool new stuff?

For the wednesday reveal ceremony it seems to be:
    KT spotlight
    7.3 cinematic
    Overwatch short

Wonder what else will fill the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    According to history it does delay the release... but we can hope it won't.
    Based on what history though?

Cataclysm: Announced at Blizzcon, released December - 13 months
    MoP: Announced at Blizzcon, released September - 11 months
    WoD: Announced at Blizzcon, released November - 12 months
    Legion: Announced at Gamescom, released August - 12 months
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I mean you guys act like there isn't still a fucking hour and 15 min "REVEAL CEREMONY". Even if it's not the next WoW expansion it's going to be something hype.

That's not what he said, though. I agree it doesn't seem likely at this point that we'll get 8.0 at Gamescom. But what he said was Gamescom will be all about 7.3. Similar, but different statements.
    What he said was Gamescom was all about 7.3. Not sure how that could be taken any other way than that there won't be any expansion stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wellp largest content drought confirmed its been real I'm done with MMOs. GG Blizz way to go down like a chump.
    That doesn't mean anything. No announcement at Gamescon doesn't equate big content drought. That's bad logic, it's very possible but the biggest? Ummm that's still up to debate but whatevs. qq more I guess if makes you feel good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Based on what history though?

Cataclysm: Announced at Blizzcon, released December - 13 months
    MoP: Announced at Blizzcon, released September - 11 months
    WoD: Announced at Blizzcon, released November - 12 months
    Legion: Announced at Gamescom, released August - 12 months
    Right infront of you.

Most expansions release around 1 year after their announcement. "assuming" the trend follows that is 13 months of antorus.

That's not what he said, though. I agree it doesn't seem likely at this point that we'll get 8.0 at Gamescom. But what he said was Gamescom will be all about 7.3. Similar, but different statements.
    No offense, but the people laughing at you are right to do so.

It's over. No reveal at Gamescom. We knew that a week ago, and now it's confirmed. Let it go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    "biggest gamescom ever" MEGALUL.jpg
    it IS their biggest gamescon - they have more space reserved for them comapred to last time

Why is it laughable? Did anything in the scheduled 1h 15m event called "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" indicate it was a ceremony not about announcing cool new stuff?
    Because the reveal ceremony was for all their games and 7.3 and OW where both included. Even if they only take up 20-30 minutes it doesn't leave sufficient room for an expansion reveal.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2017-08-21 at 05:02 PM.

We are now faced with one of two scenarios:
    I'll give you a friendly hint when it comes to Blizzard - always set your expectations low and assume that what they announce or say that they will announce is all there will be. More often than not, that is exactly the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    it IS their biggest gamescon - they have more space reserved for them comapred to last time
    more space to show a hero for a moba nobody plays and a single map of overwatch LUL agauin

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Right infront of you.

Most expansions release around 1 year after their announcement. "assuming" the trend follows that is 13 months of antorus.
    If we go by that it'll be 12 months November '17 -> November '18. On that part you're right but I'm sure we're having the "MoP schedule" (I posted this in another thread yesterday). Everything between MoP and Legion has been very similar, release dates, release dates of content patches and announcement -> release time. Pretty sure we'll have a drought of ~ 10 months and a release in September which is OK.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It was nothing about me being negative. I've been realistic. It was obvious that they will make Gamescom all about 7.3(.5), their biggest content patch ever. To think they would not talk about 7.3 and focus on the upcoming expansion was (and is still) naive and delusional.
    7.3 isn't their biggest content patch ever. That's how they described 7.2, by the way.

It has a couple of sub-zones, which is great. But landmasses doesn't automatically mean more content. We could be in for a few hours of cool content followed by 12 months of time-gating, grind, and frustration.

I would argue being realistic leads one to conclude Gamescom is a likely place for an announcement. They did it last time and it worked well, they need to make room at BlizzCon because they now have 6 games' worth of content to announce, and it fits the timeline of announcements and releases.

Stop saying it makes sense to announce the new expansion at Gamescom because of some stupid fucking time frame that is utterly meaningless. A non Blizzcon announcement, (A small one i might add), happened once, for a very good reason. We all know that reason and i'm not going to go over it again. It's always been at their event, and it always will be unless we have a big problem. Stop being so needlessly fucking obtuse about such a simple issue.