Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    I mean you guys act like there isn't still a fucking hour and 15 min "REVEAL CEREMONY". Even if it's not the next WoW expansion it's going to be something hype.
    Its going to be them showing normies 7.3

Screencap this post and bookmark it for maximum tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    Please, enlighten me in which way you've been using logic.

I would argue that believing in a Gamescom announcement is pretty dang logical, given that they did it in 2015.
    I was one of the people that said that they literally fucking cut Draenor in a half and abandoned it, the game was in shambles, I say it as someone who currently enjoys WoW. The game needed something, and they announced it at Gamescom.

2. They gave a damn warning to watch the stream because they would be announcing an expansion. I literally said that the position they are now, isn't the same as when 6.2 was already over and the state of the game and community perception wasn't the same. I am VERY sorry that those aren't good enough reasons for you, but it seems like they are to them. But you refused, and still refuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    We already now 7.3 is the last patch of Legion. Even holding Antorus back doesn't change that it's going to be close to 16 months for new non raid content now.
    You don't know that, it's still up to debate. You are assuming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we go by that it'll be 12 months November '17 -> November '18. On that part you're right but I'm sure we're having the "MoP schedule" (I posted this in another thread yesterday). Everything between MoP and Legion has been very similar, release dates, release dates of content patches and announcement -> release time. Pretty sure we'll have a drought of ~ 10 months and a release in September which is OK.
    This is the best outcome, but it may not be likely.

Let's pretend 8.0 is announced wednesday, then we would only have 9/10 months of drought (assuming no extra patches).

So again, i hope the mop like release is likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    I'll give you a friendly hint when it comes to Blizzard - always set your expectations low and assume that what they announce or say that they will announce is all there will be. More often than not, that is exactly the case.
    Remember 2015 though? For weeks leading up to the actual expansion reveal invitation they sent out, I argued there would be an announcement at Gamescom, and it happened. We could just as well look back at that and say "Blizzard being silent or not hyping something up doesn't have to mean anything. Expansions can happen outside BlizzCon with short notice."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does people whine about 14 month content drought already in case we won't have one (longer than 10 months) at all? ;P

It remind me about this thread when some lunatic claimed that Argus raid will be horrible for some reason (like 2 months before 7.3 PTR).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Stop saying it makes sense to announce the new expansion at Gamescom because of some stupid fucking time frame that is utterly meaningless. A non Blizzcon announcement, (A small one i might add), happened once, for a very good reason. We all know that reason and i'm not going to go over it again. It's always been at their event, and it always will be unless we have a big problem. Stop being so needlessly fucking obtuse about such a simple issue.
    Yeah totally utterly meaningless.

Stop talking like an idiot when you don't know your shit.

Cataclysm: Announced at Blizzcon, released December - 13 months
    MoP: Announced at Blizzcon, released September - 11 months
    WoD: Announced at Blizzcon, released November - 12 months
    Legion: Announced at Gamescom, released August - 12 months

Blizzcon could possibly delay it.

chance of gamescom announcement is 0.01%, but my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Ion said it as clearly as he could: it's all about 7.3. For me there is no room for any speculation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The only logical reason blizzard will not announce it at gamescom is for the every 2 year announcement to be reset back into place at blizzcon.
    Or maybe they just wanted to announce it at Blizzcon, because last time they did so at Gamescom and they want to give their native players a chance to get excited about being the first to see the next expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    SO

it is confirmed legion will not have a 7.4? cause if we end in 7,3 would be pretty lame, at least in terms of lore

Remember 2015 though? For weeks leading up to the actual expansion reveal invitation they sent out, I argued there would be an announcement at Gamescom, and it happened. We could just as well look back at that and say "Blizzard being silent or not hyping something up doesn't have to mean anything. Expansions can happen outside BlizzCon with short notice."
    Wut. They announced there would be a reveal at Gamescom beforehand. We're two days before this year's Gamescom and Ion just said WoW's presence at Gamescom is all about 7.3

Your Gamescom 2015 example only further proves no reveal at this Gamescom.

There's no rule book for any of this guys. If they don't announce it on wednesday it will have to break a ton of the previous patterns to not have a huge content drought. It would also be highly unusual for them to announce it on wednesday given they've given us no warning (the opposite) and the timeslot for doing so is very small.

There no way this will be "normal" or "business as usual" so everyone should stop acting like things are "obvious" and if some people want to hope for one outcome over another let them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I was one of the people that said that they literally fucking cut Draenor in a half and abandoned it, the game was in shambles, I say it as someone who currently enjoys WoW. The game needed something, and they announced it at Gamescom.

2. They gave a damn warning to watch the stream because they would be announcing an expansion. I literally said that the position they are now, isn't the same as when 6.2 was already over and the state of the game and community perception wasn't the same. I am VERY sorry that those aren't good enough reasons for you, but it seems like they are to them. But you refused, and still refuse.
    There is absolutely no evidence supporting your theory about announcing Legion early because of WoD's subscription losses. Not before, not now.

Imo, it is much more likely that they announced it at Gamescom in 2015 because they needed to make room at the BlizzCon opening ceremony, wanted to throw EU fans a bone, liked how it worked out with Reaper of Souls in 2013, and so on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siffredi View Post
    Ion said it as clearly as he could: it's all about 7.3. For me there is no room for any speculation at all.
    Yeah. The fact that this was said, and yet people are still betting on 8.0 being shown. Like???

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Doubtful my dude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Wut. They announced there would be a reveal at Gamescom beforehand. We're two days before this year's Gamescom and Ion just said WoW's presence at Gamescom is all about 7.3

Your Gamescom 2015 example only further proves no reveal at this Gamescom.
    Only a week before. I argued there'd be an announcement weeks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yeah, next expac is going to release before the summer, that's for sure. Beta will start right after Blizzcon in November and will last 5 months or so until it launches.

And then there's the 8.0 patch in-between.

Guys, the announcement has nothing to do with the release. They announcing the expansion now or in November does not matter. It's when Alpha/Beta begins that should be used as a benchmark, as the testing denotes how far on development the expansion will be.

They announced Legion in August, but Alpha began in January.

For all we know, they could have announced the expansion already, but they chose to delay the reveal because (a) there's still unreleased Legion content, and (b) delaying the reveal would make the wait for release to appear shorter. Revealing now and releasing in September 2018 would make it a 13 month wait. Revealing it in Blizcon but still releasing it September means a 10 month wait.

There is absolutely no evidence supporting your theory about announcing Legion early because of WoD's subscription losses. Not before, not now.

Imo, it is much more likely that they announced it at Gamescom in 2015 because they needed to make room at the BlizzCon opening ceremony, wanted to throw EU fans a bone, liked how it worked out with Reaper of Souls in 2013, and so on.
    They didn't even announce WoD "early" 6.3 was out and archimonde was ded. That's late.