[IMG]https://img.fireden.net/a/image/1447/03/1447036218538.png[/IMG ]
    No, no it is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang I'm gay then :,(

Nothing gay about loving feminine boys with dicks

Everyone else enjoying the eclipse?

Touken Ranbu

My favorite show of the season.

I pity the people who dropped this show because "hur durr, Ufotable shows are crap and people only like them because of the CGI" or "it's just mindless action", when that's far from the case: the first hour was pretty action light and was instead spent developing the second unit, setting them up for the character progression in the next few episodes. For one, I'm glad that Ufotable is not afraid to take it slow and spend time with the characters as opposed to just willy-nilly constant action. The team feels like they are an actual group of close knit battle-brothers, reinforced by the banter. The story is rather straightforward, which the show benefits from: no convoluted motivations or unnecessary conflicts, with (for the first half at least) the Historical Revisionists acting more as a force of nature than actual villains, while the Second Unit works out their own crisis of faith in cause. After the first three episodes of setup, the real edge-of-your-seat conflict begins, and oh boy...

The character designs are very pleasing to look at it, especially Kanesan, Mutsonokami, Tsurumaru, and Mikazuki. The cinematography clearly shows what exactly each character in a fight is trying to do, so you are able to identify the tactics being used in a fight and guess what happen next, everything from a character changing his sword stance to counter the angle of an incoming attack, to feints, to clutch grabs of a broken weapon. It's a shame that I rarely ever see action anime capture in detail the tactics and plays as seen here. It's very reminiscent Sword of the Stranger and Seirei no Moribito.

Hideyuki Fukasawa's soundtrack (he previously composed for Fate UBW) is incredible, and absolutely helps elevates the series from a shounen action series to a theatrical experience. On the other hand, it sounds Hollywood-esque at times, with more emphasis on musical ques than anime-soundtrack's typical melodies. It should be said though, that the few leitmotifs in the series' soundtrack really makes the series feel immense.

As for my pet peeves, the opening is nothing to write home about. Also, I very rarely notice this, but a few times the CGI didn't feel like it composited well with the backgrounds. Sometimes, the fire looks to realistic when compared to the animated character superimposed behind or in front of it (though clever use of DOF masks this). There's also this one shot where the boat is clearly just a picture being slid up and down on the water, which made me chuckle. Other than those nit picks, I'm thoroughly enjoying the series!

Is it mind-blowing? No. Is it the anime of the year? Hm... probably not. Is it fun? Hell yes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    From Southern California, the sun was only just barely clipped by the moon, so there wasn't really anything to look at.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-08-21 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Nothing gay about loving feminine boys with dicks
    Yeah I have no idea what to think. I don't like burly men or masculine things lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Touken Ranbu

My favorite show of the season.
    aren't you watching like two shows this season

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Went downtown and got ramen. We were the only people there with glasses, so all the waiters, chefs, and even the owner came up to use them and check it out. It was awesome just seeing their reactions when they got to see it. Ended up getting a 10% discount too on the bill.

Didn't get the full 100%, but 92% was more than worth it. There was only a sliver of the sun left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    aren't you watching like two shows this season
    With two biggest shows of the season locked behind Amazon Strike or Netflix's bingewatch policy, there wasn't much to look at. I scanned a few of the popular shows and didn't find anything that appealed to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Yeah I have no idea what to think. I don't like burly men or masculine things lol.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    With two biggest shows of the season locked behind Amazon Strike or Netflix's bingewatch policy, there wasn't much to look at. I scanned a few of the popular shows and didn't find anything that appealed to me.
    Yeah, Amazon and Netflix made this season terrible without pirating.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sesto

Finally bought out everything except the last two CEs and the Fou's. Think I'll still go for the Fou's, but I don't know if I can stomach another werewolf.

Time for you guys to buy some rum, drop the flag, and sail the illegal seas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Yarp .
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Yarr, i get ya savvy!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Guy says RE:Creators is a classic in the making. I kind of agree but I'm waiting for the ending hoping they don't screw it up.

It's a really professionally done YouTube put out by Mother's Basement. Most anime podcasts have a "morning zoo" theme where the panel tries to crack jokes, this guy at least researches his topic.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I mean in terms of being attracted lmao. JoJo's is awesome. I enjoyed a lot of it. Though I haven't finished the last arc of the anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hardly call something that tries to show how much authors/writers/illustrators/creators in general love their stories as something "classic". That's as modern as you can get. Re:Creators is like an action heavy Shirobako on steroids. Perhaps you can get more modern if you include a trap, but plsno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    So what is the general consensus here? Is it gay to like traps or what?
    What's a trap? Pics?