Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    That's interesting, also how the hell did they even get there? The boss has no abilities basicly, they killed a target dummy pretty much, lol
    for people want to know more info, and others, dialog etc., i've post a detailed description on reddit:

1. How did we join this fight?

Aggramar works perfect in normal.

We kill it and talk to Magni Bronzebeard, port to Pantheon, it's a general plot in expected, and Argus shouldn't be there because blizzard didn't open test for it. (Blizzard opened Varimathras, The Coven of Shivarra, Aggramar and Kin'garoth in normal for a weekend.)

But Argus is there, even it's not a elite. So we guess it just opened for a chance, for ppl finish their legendaries ring quest. and at last 5 group member get legendary ring: Ekkhungry, Lfchen, Wyinck, Bearbabylr and kateholy.

As you see, Argus is a dummy, not yet completed, also Argus's Encounter Journal is EMPTY. It's boring Boss wasnt a Elite, can be CC.

so what happens to sargeras ? I thought the titans are emprisonning him in argus ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's what the text strings imply. It likely all happens in a cinematic (though it could be possibly part of a Mythic only fight)
    Nah, Sargeras is the most infamous bad guy in warcraft, everything thats happened in this story is because of him, Argus should of been it's own expansion with KJ being the final boss of TOS. No way they'd make something so important mythic only. they learned after Cho'gall and he wasn't even important.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Nah, Sargeras is the most infamous bad guy in warcraft, everything thats happened in this story is because of him, Argus should of been it's own expansion with KJ being the final boss of TOS. No way they'd make something so important mythic only. they learned after Cho'gall and he wasn't even important.
    Well, half right. He's no longer the biggest bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone care to give me a run down on the lore of 7.2-7.3? How are we handling Sargeras? Does he actually show himself? Do we fight him? Or was he just a puppet of the old gods?

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Anyone care to give me a run down on the lore of 7.2-7.3? How are we handling Sargeras? Does he actually show himself? Do we fight him? Or was he just a puppet of the old gods?
    the short of the sargeras deal is that we rescue the souls of the rest of the pantheon and they use a ritual of some kind powered by what's left of the new titan argus' soul to imprison sargeras in the throne of the pantheon with illidan as his jailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the short of the sargeras deal is that we rescue the souls of the rest of the pantheon and they use a ritual of some kind powered by what's left of the new titan argus' soul to imprison sargeras in the throne of the pantheon with illidan as his jailer.
    New Titan soul of Argus? We kill Argus' Titan soul at the end of the 7.3 raid don't we? The rest makes sense. Makes me think the real big baddie is going to rescue Sargeras and use him as a raid boss. If Blizzard ever decided to wrap up story points indefinitely.
    We will probably see his in game model or general model in the ending cinematic?

Also has there been any points toward a larger threat? I know about the void and the old gods, so are they the real true evil? Not Sargeras? Sorry for the questions but I haven't kept up with the lore

New Titan soul of Argus? We kill Argus' Titan soul at the end of the 7.3 raid don't we? The rest makes sense. Makes me think the real big baddie is going to rescue Sargeras and use him as a raid boss. If Blizzard ever decided to wrap up story points indefinitely.
    We will probably see his in game model or general model in the ending cinematic?

Also has there been any points toward a larger threat? I know about the void and the old gods, so are they the real true evil? Not Sargeras? Sorry for the questions but I haven't kept up with the lore
    Sargeras only started this crusade to defeat the void lords, sargeras is nothing compared to them presumably.

it's what's left of argus' soul after we defeat what i'm guessing is some kind of avatar of him forced awake far before he's ready to fully manifest.

the hints at the greater threat are in mac'aree, void ethereals spreading void corruption all over the north/north-eastern half of the island. so, the void is our ultimate enemy now. i doubt fighting anything void directly will be happened next expansion, but it's hard to tell what kind of curveball they could throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's what's left of argus' soul after we defeat what i'm guessing is some kind of avatar of him forced awake far before he's ready to fully manifest.

the hints at the greater threat are in mac'aree, void ethereals spreading void corruption all over the north/north-eastern half of the island. so, the void is our ultimate enemy now. i doubt fighting anything void directly will be happened next expansion, but it's hard to tell what kind of curveball they could throw.
    North of the island? Which island?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they not put something important in a Mythic only phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

You say they "learned their 'mistake'" yet cleansing Illidan was a Mythic only phase for Gul'dan. It's very likely there will be a mythic Sargeras phase for Antorus, even if it's just a manifestation in the sky helping Argus to attempt to kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You say they "learned their 'mistake'" yet cleansing Illidan was a Mythic only phase for Gul'dan. It's very likely there will be a mythic Sargeras phase for Antorus, even if it's just a manifestation in the sky helping Argus to attempt to kill us.
    Beating Illidan's inner demon doesn't really make much of a difference lorewise. You wouldn't even know Alt!Cho'gall were dead if you didn't know about the Mythic phase.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Beating Illidan's inner demon doesn't really make much of a difference lorewise. You wouldn't even know Alt!Cho'gall were dead if you didn't know about the Mythic phase.
    In the same argument; knowing AU Cho'gall is dead doesn't really make a difference lorewise. He played a pretty insignificant part in Nagrand and other than that you're none the wiser when you go back to MU. We know Gul'dan wasn't able to bring disciples, so lorewise it really doesn't matter what happened to him.

If you want to argue that knowing a minor characters fate is important, then cleansing Illidan certainly is an important lore role to know what's upcoming for him in Antorus and how he becomes the jailer of Sargeras.

Even if you don't want to use the Illidan phase of Gul'dan. The Mythic only phase of Archimonde is the only way to confirm that Archimonde is dead because in Heroic and below you don't defeat him in the Nether, even the cinematic shows him being defeated on Dreanor, so the mythic phase of Archimonde is as significant.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2017-08-21 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    who is the prisoner and who the jailor. and who is in win win situation.
    to maintain this prison we got the last remnants of the pantheon + illidan phased on argus unable to help us in any way. This jail holds much more that w/e portion of sargies soul is there

North of the island? Which island?
    mac'aree, it's a floating island high above the rest of argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    who is the prisoner and who the jailor. and who is in win win situation.
    to maintain this prison we got the last remnants of the pantheon + illidan phased on argus unable to help us in any way. This jail holds much more that w/e portion of sargies soul is there
    ALL Of Sargeras is imprisoned. ALL of him....

AKA, HE is imprisoned, as well as the Pantheon. Illidan's the Jailer.

Deleted
    They said many times, they don't care about what players think, if they feel that more lore is needed on mythic only cinematic/phase, it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In the same argument; knowing AU Cho'gall is dead doesn't really make a difference lorewise. He played a pretty insignificant part in Nagrand and other than that you're none the wiser when you go back to MU. We know Gul'dan wasn't able to bring disciples, so lorewise it really doesn't matter what happened to him.

If you want to argue that knowing a minor characters fate is important, then cleansing Illidan certainly is an important lore role to know what's upcoming for him in Antorus and how he becomes the jailer of Sargeras.

Even if you don't want to use the Illidan phase of Gul'dan. The Mythic only phase of Archimonde is the only way to confirm that Archimonde is dead because in Heroic and below you don't defeat him in the Nether, even the cinematic shows him being defeated on Dreanor, so the mythic phase of Archimonde is as significant.
    Cho'gall could have made his own way to Azeroth. Illidan's inner demon would simply have been stuck inside him anyway. He has no further impact on the story, and fighting him instead of just stuffing Illidan's soul back doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, half right. He's no longer the biggest bad.
    He still is for the characters perspective. NPC's and characters outside of a few like Magni and Kadghar, know about the Void and the threat they pose.