Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Changes to D.Va announced

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Actually, we've made some significant changes to D.Va internally and have been testing them for a while now. Here are the changes we've made:

Defense Matrix: Energy drain increased by 2x. This means her effective uptime for this ability has been reduced by 50%.

Boosters: D.Va can now use her Fusion Cannons while flying.

New ability - Micro Missiles: D.Va launches a long salvo of small missiles that explode on impact, dealing damage in a small radius around them. This ability can be used while using her other abilities or firing her Fusion Cannons.

The combination of these changes allow her to play more aggressively and deal more damage, at the cost of being able to Defense Matrix as often as before. Defense Matrix still remains an extremely powerful tool when timed correctly, but the reduced uptime means D.Va won't be able to use it nearly as often overall.

Her new Micro Missiles ability in combination with her ability to fire while flying allow for some more aggressive play, as well as opening up some new options versus heroes such as Pharah.

Overall the goal here is to reduce her reliance on Defense Matrix and make her more fun to play. As far as balancing goes, we want to nerf Defense Matrix as an ability, not D.Va as a hero.

She has been a ton of fun to play with these changes, and we're looking forward you letting you guys play with them as well. Hopefully we'll have a new PTR up soon!
    Don't really like the sound of the nerf to DM, it's kind of a worse Zarya bubble with only 2 seconds on it. It's just not tanky at all, sounds very DPSy now; she's going to need proper babysitting now.

Good, she needed an alt fire since day 1

DM has been beyond broken for awhile and basically enabled a lot of the dive while also protecting against dive, feeding into the dive is the best counter to dive situation.

Doomfist-dive actually was really strong against her because she can't protect supports from him but he's getting nerfed too so who knows.

Will have to play PTR to see what's up.

However D.Va flying straight into supports and using those missiles + shooting is going make them protection from herself lol.

Also dislike that it gives her less counterplay to certain ults.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-08-21 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    DM has been beyond broken for awhile and basically enabled a lot of the dive while also protecting against dive, feeding into the dive is the best counter to dive situation.

Doomfist-dive actually was really strong against her because she can't protect supports from him but he's getting nerfed too so who knows.

Will have to play PTR to see what's up.
    With 2 seconds DM, nothing is going to save you from DPS ults anymore. This is all about making DPS players happy. Making her a DPS, and letting DPS mow everyone down when they press Q with no counterplay, other than maybe a healer ult.

Oh great, make her even more useless as a tank. Ugh, well at least she can swat Phara out the the sky easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    With 2 seconds DM, nothing is going to save you from DPS ults anymore. This is all about making DPS players happy. Making her a DPS, and letting DPS mow everyone down when they press Q with no counterplay, other than maybe a healer ult.
    Her DM is extremely obnoxious for dps, and Ana, I've complained about it myself and I especially started to notice just how bogus it is at times when I started to play more Tracer.

I would have prefered to see what Doomfist did to her pickrate before this though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her DM is extremely obnoxious for dps, and Ana, I've complained about it myself and I especially started to notice just how bogus it is at times when I started to play more Tracer.

I would have prefered to see what Doomfist did to her pickrate before this though.
    Any fucking shield is obnoxious for DPS. That's the fucking point. That she soaks half as much damage as Orisa or Rein, and only has 25-30% up time shows how not obnoxious it actually is. Stats just don't back up the whining. Even Winston soaks 20% more damage than DM.

Any fucking shield is obnoxious for DPS. That's the fucking point. That she soaks half as much damage as Orisa or Rein, and only has 25-30% up time shows how not obnoxious it actually is. Stats just don't back up the whining. Even Winston soaks 20% more damage than DM.
    What stats? Her pickrate is really high at any good MMR, she's one of the most picked heroes in pro-play together with Winston, I can show plenty of proof of this and it shouldn't be that hard to believe if you've ever watched any stream.

Her DM is NOT comparable with Rein shield whatsoever,

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Actually, we've made some significant changes to D.Va internally and have been testing them for a while now. Here are the changes we've made:

Defense Matrix: Energy drain increased by 2x. This means her effective uptime for this ability has been reduced by 50%.

Boosters: D.Va can now use her Fusion Cannons while flying.

New ability - Micro Missiles: D.Va launches a long salvo of small missiles that explode on impact, dealing damage in a small radius around them. This ability can be used while using her other abilities or firing her Fusion Cannons.

The combination of these changes allow her to play more aggressively and deal more damage, at the cost of being able to Defense Matrix as often as before. Defense Matrix still remains an extremely powerful tool when timed correctly, but the reduced uptime means D.Va won't be able to use it nearly as often overall.

Her new Micro Missiles ability in combination with her ability to fire while flying allow for some more aggressive play, as well as opening up some new options versus heroes such as Pharah.

Overall the goal here is to reduce her reliance on Defense Matrix and make her more fun to play. As far as balancing goes, we want to nerf Defense Matrix as an ability, not D.Va as a hero.

She has been a ton of fun to play with these changes, and we're looking forward you letting you guys play with them as well. Hopefully we'll have a new PTR up soon!
    Don't really like the sound of the nerf to DM, it's kind of a worse Zarya bubble with only 2 seconds on it. It's just not tanky at all, sounds very DPSy now; she's going to need proper babysitting now.
    DM can literally eat projectiled ults such as Zarya, Hanzo, Tracer, Mei and completely nullify other ults like Reaper, Soldier, McCree, Pharah, and Roadhog. This will at lest nerf it so she cant fully absorb all those ults. Much needed change imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    DM can literally eat projectiled ults such as Zarya, Hanzo, Tracer, Mei and completely nullify other ults like Reaper, Soldier, McCree, Pharah, and Roadhog. This will at lest nerf it so she cant fully absorb all those ults. Much needed change imo.
    Can't soak a full Soldier or Roadhog ult. You need to be right on your toes to soak Zarya, Hanzo, Tracer, Mei; it very rarely happens intentionally and is on the player to not just shoot into it, same as you wouldn't just shoot a Reaper, McCree, Pharah or 76 ult into Rein's shield - which he'll soak just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

What stats? Her pickrate is really high at any good MMR, she's one of the most picked heroes in pro-play together with Winston, I can show plenty of proof of this and it shouldn't be that hard to believe if you've ever watched any stream.

Her DM is NOT comparable with Rein shield whatsoever,
    The stats on what DM actually soaks and achieves.

Can't soak a full Soldier or Roadhog ult. You need to be right on your toes to soak Zarya, Hanzo, Tracer, Mei; it very rarely happens intentionally and is on the player to not just shoot into it, same as you wouldn't just shoot a Reaper, McCree, Pharah or 76 ult into Rein's shield - which he'll soak just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

The stats on what DM actually soaks and achieves.
    The fact is that DM has such a massive 'soak'box that it's borderline impossible to kill anything that's standing inside it, making it extremely difficult to kill supports, this is why Doomfist has shaken up the pro scene so much because she can't actually stop that at all, which is why I would rather had they waited a little longer with this.

DM is way too much of a total package, Orisa and Rein can't even begin to hope to be able to protect a team the way D.Va does right now.

I also don't think she's necessarily worse, she's just going to be more dive-y, could potentially be stronger than Winston now.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-08-21 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is that DM has such a massive 'soak'box that it's borderline impossible to kill anything that's standing inside it, making it extremely difficult to kill supports, this is why Doomfist has shaken up the pro scene so much because she can't actually stop that at all, which is why I would rather had they waited a little longer with this.

DM is way too much of a total package, Orisa and Rein can't even begin to hope to be able to protect a team the way D.Va does right now.
    Then focus D.Va, make her burn out the 4 seconds. I play in Gold and encounter plenty of players who understand this. It's a change to reward bad play.

I'm not super psyched about the sound of these changes. One of the things I've always liked about D.Va is the simplicity of her playstyle, and I'm not really fond of making one of her core abilities weaker while giving her more buttons to compensate. Pushing her into more of a DPS role is also kind of sucky. I don't think these changes will be terrible or anything, but they seem like a sidegrade that'll simultaneously weaken her playstyle identity and tanking niche. If they were going to nerf Defense Matrix I'd have preferred they give her some other tanking utility rather than making her more offensive.

I'm worried it'll go a similar way to the Roadhog changes, where she'll go from having a very unique and well-defined strength to being a bit of a mishmash of "what does this hero do again?"

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Awesome, I barely use the defense matrix at all these days, I just play her aggressive from the get go, she's a good character to push with.

Then focus D.Va, make her burn out the 4 seconds. I play in Gold and encounter plenty of players who understand this. It's a change to reward bad play.
    If this was easier less people would have complained, from what I'm seeing based on some searching around is that this is a change almost entirely because of the higher ranked players for once which is a good thing.

I'm just gonna wait and base my opinion on her performance on the PTR.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-08-21 at 09:06 PM.

oops site lagging - double post.

Deleted
    Love how they keep nerfing tanks because DPS just wanna Q and get POTG without thinking about it.

Yeah, pretty much expected this. Defense Matrix is super OP as it totally negates a ton of shit. I'll still play her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Love how they keep nerfing tanks because DPS just wanna Q and get POTG without thinking about it.
    Yeah because pressing RMB and looking in the general direction of said DPS is very difficult on a tank with more mobility than half the dps roster.

i like the new ability and shot while flying.
    the nerf to defense matrix annoys me
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor