Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except chains could have been brought off-screen since we have no idea what supplies the huge-ass undead army carries while the other one doesn't make sense either way.

Especially in a cold-ass frozen wasteland where its cold enough for Thoros to freeze to death and others mentioning the risk of freezing to death as well. Then there's the things like the fact they brought almost no supplies with them, yet other than the cold none of them was particularly complaining yet, so it couldn't have been that long.

Look at all dem people asking for a scene of travelling ravens. There are legions of them. The only problem with their presence it's that they are made of straw. Meanwhile in the no-straw world, the issue is that even if they made full 24 episode spin-off about this raven, the whole thing would still remain unfeasible.

God forbid people expect a story not to break suspension of disbelief and make sense.

Hell, some of them even jumped out of the water and grabbed Tormund. They didn't seem too bothered by it. Besides, the undead of GoT seem to be more of a swarming kind, so they could have made a huge-ass pile like in World War Z. Maybe not as over the top, but you get the idea.
    I guess superspeed travel is totally out of the realm of possibility. In a show with walking dead people and dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    I guess superspeed travel is totally out of the realm of possibility. In a show with walking dead people and dragons.
    This tired argument "Yeah why should a show make sense when it has dragons" etc etc

Rewatch the episode. They could have easily left out the pointless arya/sansa scenes and fleshed out the big north of the wall scenes

Deleted
    they should have worn huge ruski fur hats considering how cold it is norht of the wall, could have stashed it with dragonglass so u can skull-fuck the zombies as a last option

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've read quite a few of these leaks and they're all shit.
    The free folk one is real. They had all episodes right. Dunno his name. Some Spanish guy. Friki?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Better question: Why the hell didn't they take horses with them? I understand it may have been too cold, but we've seen men of the Nights Watch go beyond the wall with them. And I'm assuming Unlce Ben's horse wasn't dead, yes?
    Probably can't trust animals to stay quiet if they sense the undead

Ghost went nuts when the wight attacked commander mormont

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I'm sure the bitch will try something. The only question is, what?
    Have you wondered where Euron is? He is off going to get mercenaries. That is what she is trying. She attempts nothing at the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't know m8 to me Rob wasn't fodder lol.

I accept that the dragon switching sides is quite on the same level as any other really good (not necessarily "positive") turning point in the series before.
    I had to switch shirts after watching that episode because it was soaked in sweat. No other show can do that to me. It's very good. A shame that it could be even better.
    Fodder in the sense he want an end game character like Jon Dany ect.

its surprising how many people complain about the "rushed" current season.

its 7 episodes. Impossible to include scenes that satisfy everyone, fill in plotholes and finish off unfinished plotlines.

At best they can film things that are important to the overall storyline, scenes that will be important to "most" viewers. Which I think they more or less have accomplished.

imo it is still the best show i've seen since Breaking Bad.

I'll admit the books are still better, although it has been TOO LONG for the next book. Hopefully GRRM will finish the series before old age or his health fails him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Fodder in the sense he want an end game character like Jon Dany ect.
    Yea the only ones truly immune for now are Jon and Dany. Everyone else is still fodder. Gray Worm, for example.

I hope I didn't jinx it now.

Some guy on Reddit says Longclaws' eyes opened when Jon came out of the icy water. Click link for pictures: https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...e_who_noticed/

I think it's just a reflection. But whatever...
    Pretty sure its just water/snow splashing on its eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    The free folk one is real. They had all episodes right. Dunno his name. Some Spanish guy. Friki?
    Yep. To the exact words they were right. I dunno what Sir Frank is smoking lol.

The problem is 100% on GRRM's side. D&D aren't as good as GRRM when it comes to writing an epic story, and GRRM can't be fucking bothered to babysit D&D through season 7 and 8. They just make shit up as they go, and GRRM just winks it through because he's more busy counting his millions, dollar by dollar, or whatever. Surely not much concerned about his books... WHEN IS THIS GOD DAMN BOOK COMING FOR FUCKS SAKE GEORGE?

And it was these books that made the show so good, the very moment they started to turn away from the books drastically (from my perspective all started with Sand Snakes Arc), the show has gone downhill in all these aspects you just mentioned. D&D don't even have the resourcefulness to come up with 10 episodes for this season, and the last season will be only 6 episodes long IIRC. They're out of their depth, simply put.
    How can you pin it 100% on GRRM while saying D&D need to be babysat in the next sentence? Just because he's not willing to babysit them as you say not only does not negate the latter, but it's a much smaller fault in general. Same goes to how you say the show went downhill and then give events that were already covered by books at the time as the start of that process. So they had the source material on a silver platter and no real need to fuck around with the alterations. Unless your vision of D&D is that of toddlers who need to be spoon-fed by GRRM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Probably can't trust animals to stay quiet if they sense the undead
    Then dismount when you get close. Going north of the Wall on foot with almost no supplies after an undead army (which you know features Lich King lites on horseback) is just comical levels of stupidity. What if you need to make a getaway? Yeah events conspired so that Gendry was actually a Marathon champion instead of a smith, but it's still silly. A big part of Jon's development is that he learns how to fight the Wights and their masters, but then he starts acting stupidly when the plot demands it. It just feels lame.

I just wanna see if the Jon and Dany leak is true. I couldn't tell if Jon had the face of someone that just bumped uglies with the Mother of Dragons in the last trailer. Then again, maybe it's on the way home.
    The leak says Boatsex is after what we see in the trailer. it's the last scene of the season for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Then dismount when you get close. Going north of the Wall on foot with almost no supplies after an undead army (which you know features Lich King lites on horseback) is just comical levels of stupidity. What if you need to make a getaway? Yeah events conspired so that Gendry was actually a Marathon champion instead of a smith, but it's still silly. A big part of Jon's development is that he learns how to fight the Wights and their masters, but then he starts acting stupidly when the plot demands it. It just feels lame.
    that polar bear would have fucked those horses

that polar bear would have fucked those horses
    Didn't realize Jon had a crystal ball and knew they would encounter a polar bear.

It makes sense though. I believe that Wrights aren't fully autonomous. The night king probably just wanted to minimize the casualties, he had no way of anticipating Dany coming with her dragons. They were trapped regardless of how long they would wait and I don't think that time has much meaning to the night king.
    What casualties? They are undead. They can't drown. And since some of them had to go down the lake to attach chains to Viserion, they can swim too. Or walk on the bottom of the lake like the undead in first Pirates of the Caribbean. If they can carry chains with them while doing so, they can rescue any wight that fell into the water and can't get out for some reason. Even if that'd be time consuming, as you said, time doesn't have much meaning to them.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

How can you pin it 100% on GRRM while saying D&D need to be babysat in the next sentence? Just because he's not willing to babysit them as you say not only does not negate the latter, but it's a much smaller fault in general.

Same goes to how you say the show went downhill and then give events that were already covered by books at the time as the start of that process.

So they had the source material on a silver platter and no real need to fuck around with the alterations. Unless your vision of D&D is that of toddlers who need to be spoon-fed by GRRM.
    Highlighted where you hit the nail on the head.

This is GRRM's story. D&D had a much more fleshed out (not gonna say better) story to work with as long as they were behind the books. The moment they passed the books they struggled with meaningful "in-betweens". On the other hand, while we have a weaker and more rushed story, the cinematography and suspense is still superb.

- - - Updated - - -

What casualties? They are undead. They can't drown. And since some of them had to go down the lake to attach chains to Viserion, they can swim too. Or walk on the bottom of the lake like the undead in first Pirates of the Caribbean. If they can carry chains with them while doing so, they can rescue any wight that fell into the water and can't get out for some reason. Even if that'd be time consuming, as you said, time doesn't have much meaning to them.
    We've seen that they're afraid of water for whatever reason. They didn't follow them when they escaped Hardhome either.

I suspect it has some sort of deadly, or near deadly effect on them. The dragon was worth sacrificing some of them to attach the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We don't actually know exactly how cold it is up there. We also don't really know what kind of supplies they had stashed under their outerwear(to keep it from freezing solid). Their group could use their body heat and the flaming sword to keep warm. They were all also hardened warriors who knew what they were getting into(for the most part). Beyond that you're making a ton of assumptions about various things we don't really know the answer for.
    Are you suggesting their clothes are made of Santa's bags or something? And unless Jorah suffered brain damage from greyscale and now experiences random short term memory loss, chances are he'd have noticed a flaming sword if it was used to keep the group warm. Yet he was the one to remark they may have a problem with burning Thoros' body. But OK, let's say Beric used the sword to keep them warm. Ooops, that'd only mean they were on the verge of freezing to death despite having a source of fire. Hell, he even made it after learning of Beric's sword already.

And please, humor me, what assumptions have I made here? That it was cold there enough for people to freeze to death? Nope, that was what the show said and showed. That they brought almost no supplies? Sorry, but even if we went with your amazing theory, you can't fit much under a coat. Or are you referring to my previous post on the topic that Dragonstone is hundreds of miles away? Sorry, but that's fifth season information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but suspension of disbelief applies to fantasy as well and fantasy worlds establish some rules for a reason.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-08-21 at 09:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realize you dog-owners think those dumb muts are as crucial to GoT story as much as the dragons...but I hope there is a final scene with ghost where Viserion eats him alive just so u people can shut up about the subject and to see reaction videos on youtube where u guys scream like little girls when the mut becomes food.
    Uh...

I don't believe in reaction videos, first of all, so chill out.

Two, I'm not saying it's crucial, I'm saying, in the first season or two, they made them out to be like at their side all the time, and for many seasons, Jon and Ghost were inseparable, now all of a sudden, Ghost is nowhere to be seen. It's not like Jon told Ghost to go away or chill out somewhere, like Arya did. Arya is understandable. This is why I am not saying Nimeria (sp?) MUST be shown, as you are making it out to be.

I'm purely saying, from a making sense/logical standpoint, it would benefit the show and its continuity if there had at least been a reason presented as to why Ghost is MIA.

You need to relax, buddy. I never equated the two, I'm simply saying the cost for direwolves and dragons for HBO is astronomical, so they don't like to show them too much. At least with Nimeria we were given a proper sendoff instead of, hey wait, she was there in that scene, and now randomly isn't showing up. Wtf?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water