Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Funny how everything just keeps coming back to Trump, when he's not even remotely involved in this discussion. Stick to the topic at hand that this guy is a hypocrite pushing an agenda not even he is following himself. He's made crap content and it makes a bit of sense since he loves to stick with all female casts with a fondness of being surrounded by women he can prey upon.
    I was just wondering if the people making this argument were going to apply it consistently. A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

But isn't it a little hypocritical to engage in hypocrisy as you criticize someone else for being a hypocrite?
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2017-08-21 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.
    ROFL.

Yes. If you're not a feminist, you're a misogynist. You nailed it, Einstein.

Talk about a fucking ludicrous statement...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    ROFL.

Yes. If you're not a feminist, you're a misogynist. You nailed it, Einstein.

Talk about a fucking ludicrous statement...
    I'm a little unsure of why he likes to push his world view onto other people like that. It's not like it gets him anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm a little unsure of why he likes to push his world view onto other people like that. It's not like it gets him anything.
    The artificial moral highground. Just like "if you're defending Trump, you're a nazi/white supremacist sympathizer"

If they can successfully brand you as nazi or whatever -ist they seem fit, they can justify, in their own wretched mind to avoid cognitive dissonance, actions against you like slander till you lose your job, destruction of property or physical violence.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    He's the producer of the TV shows they were on. He could have them fired immediately and blackballed from the industry if they spoke up. To pretend he wasn't in a completely position of power over them is ridiculous.
    Unless you have proof that that's what was going on here, then you've said absolutely nothing that refutes my statement. Regardless of how Hollywood is alleged to operate, until I see actual factuals, nothing being said here is more than bullshit conjecture.

And make no mistake, I don't like Joss Whedon, because he's a fucking douchebag. But a sexual predator? Massive fucking leap that requires massive fucking proof.

Edit: And since Trump's name has already been dropped like Godwin up in this bitch, he's a perfect example. Even with the all the bullshit that surrounds that motherfucker: no proof, no crime; that's how it fucking works. Trump gets a free pass; but Joss Whedon? No, what a fucking asshole!! So give me a break. Unless you've got specifics, just save it.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-08-21 at 09:20 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I tend to agree with Endus on most things politically but just add this hill to the hill of hills he has decided to die on.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

7+ Year Old Account
    Given that the alternative is "misogynists", that's a pretty ludicrous statement.

Daily (apparently necessary) reminder that "feminism" is just the idea that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
    While I agree with you that his status as a "feminist" is irrelevant and that taking the word of his ex-wife is a bit silly, you're being pedantic on this part. "Feminist" doesn't just mean "believes that women should be equal" anymore, at least not colloquially. And in this context, it's absolutely not black and white. Whedon has been in the third-wave camp for awhile, though as you said, it's not really relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    The artificial moral highground. Just like "if you're defending Trump, you're a nazi/white supremacist sympathizer"

If they can successfully brand you as nazi or whatever -ist they seem fit, they can justify, in their own wretched mind to avoid cognitive dissonance, actions against you like slander till you lose your job, destruction of property or physical violence.
    I guess. But of the 20k+ posters, i think he's the least assy about it.

I'm not going to condone cheating, but him doing so isn't a condemnation of women or some hidden belief that he's better than him or that they don't deserve rights or the need to be treated equally. Him cheating is a standalone issue and nothing to do with his feminist ideals. I mean, a lesbian could cheat on her partner tomorrow whilst preaching for women's rights. Would that make her a 'hypocrite' who has a disregard for women?

/shrug

Some cheated, such news...the only thing that matters to me about Joss Whedon are his movies. I'll watch a Mel Gibson movie (if its good) and I still love Michael Richard's performance regardless of the stupid shit they say outside their career.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    There is no such thing as a male feminist, just a cuckold.

There is no middle ground. Either you think women deserve equal consideration and treatment under the law, or you don't.
    Unfortunately feminism and women's-lib has gone way beyond equal consideration and treatment. It has become a meme. Almost every new movie and tv show elevates women so far beyond equal that it's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Unless you have proof that that's what was going on here, then you've said absolutely nothing that refutes my statement. Regardless of how Hollywood is alleged to operate, until I see actual factuals, nothing being said here is more than bullshit conjecture.

And make no mistake, I don't like Joss Whedon, because he's a fucking douchebag. But a sexual predator? Massive fucking leap that requires massive fucking proof.
    The proof is he was the producer, and they were the actress. That's why boss-employee relationships are frowned upon, and why most states make it illegal for teacher-student relationships even if the student is over 18. I never said he was a predator, but his very position and going along with these affairs are definitely anti-feminist. Agency is the word feminists like to throw around constantly.

Daily (apparently necessary) reminder that "feminism" is just the idea that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.
    Does this only apply to the government, like your belief about freedom of speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Does this only apply to the government, like your belief about freedom of speech?
    It's a fact that the First Amendment only protects your freedom of speech from being violated by the government. You should have paid attention in Civics.

But you don't have to take my word for it. If you get banned from a forum, go right ahead and consult with a lawyer to see if they think your rights have been violated.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a dude.. every dude would bang around if they knew they could away with it, we're literally programmed to do it. Believing your husband ONLY wants to bang you is delusional lol.

1> Ex-wife. Hardly an unbiased source.
    2> Cheating isn't an anti-feminist "thing", in the first place. So thinking this is in any way "hypocrisy" is flat-out asinine. Unless you're seriously arguing that women can't/don't cheat, or that it's somehow "different" when they do. It's just one person being shitty to their SO. That's all.
    "Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch it.”

That's the definition of objectification...
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    He's a dude.. every dude would bang around if they knew they could away with it, we're literally programmed to do it. Believing your husband ONLY wants to bang you is delusional lol.
    You can be a feminist and still love sex.. whatever being a feminist means these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    It's a fact that the First Amendment only protects your freedom of speech from being violated by the government. You should have paid attention in Civics.

But you don't have to take my word for it. If you get banned from a forum, go right ahead and consult with a lawyer to see if they think your rights have been violated.
    When did I say anything about the first amendment? Was free speech invented only when the first amendment was enshrined? You need to take that civics lesson and then a history lesson. OnT: can feminism only apply to government or can it also apply to one's personal life - their morals and behaviors? Sure can. Whedon claims himself to be a feminist but doesn't seem to have any respect for his own wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    When did I say anything about the first amendment? Was free speech invented only when the first amendment was enshrined?
    If you're an American, then the freedom of speech that the First Amendment grants is the only freedom of speech to which you're legally entitled. You do not have the right to say whatever you want, to whomever you want, wherever you want. You're welcome to make the argument that you should, but that doesn't change the fact that you presently do not.