Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    uh no ten is angry!!!!! Big puffy red face!!!!! We must all comfort her!!!
    tennisace is a girl?

O/t.

Healthy is subjective, I have seen some big people that are actually healthy, but BMI scale says otherwise, then I seen some skinny twigs that are in the "perfect" zone for BMI but looks like they are going to keel over from starvation =/

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    May not be a large deficit, but it's about the most I can do. 1400 or 1700 with exercise is not a whole lot of food to eat. What annoys me about it, is that I'm not even getting that deficits worth, but far less. And I can't believe my metabolism is 1600 to explain it. If it was that, I'd probably be obese now, because I gained a few kilos over a period of 1.5 years, by having like 2000 calories a day, and it was just enough over to slowly gain weight.
    Yeah definitely focus on weight training and eating enough protein to support lean mass + fix your metabolism. You actually need more protein if you are an endurance athlete, weight train and/or are on a diet. Here's a good article on the subject: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newar...60114p22.shtml Getting protein via lean protein sources (egg whites, lean meats like chicken breast) helps to keep your calories down while building muscle.

Also keep in mind that when you work out, inflammation (aka water retention) is a response by the body as it repairs and builds up muscle. This usually goes away in a few days. Tracking changes over time helps to gauge progress. Think about measuring your hips/waist/etc via measuring tape on a weekly basis instead of relying on the scale. Body recomposition can occur even when your weight does not change.

Deleted
    It also seems to matter where the calories come from. The last 2 weeks I've been on 400 deficit a day. What's the loss? 0.3 kilos. The math doesn't check up without another explanation, and the fault hasn't been with my counting, as I've been very precise.
    Probably. I lost quite a bit of weight by eating only chocolate for a whole while, and maintaining a daily deficit of around 1000; but that was probably just due to the sheer size of the deficit. And maybe would have been more if it was different food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I am fat and I can still fit into plenty of places just fine....
    an early grave

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah definitely focus on weight training and eating enough protein to support lean mass + fix your metabolism. You actually need more protein if you are an endurance athlete, weight train and/or are on a diet. Here's a good article on the subject: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newar...60114p22.shtml Getting protein via lean protein sources (egg whites, lean meats like chicken breast) helps to keep your calories down while building muscle.

Also keep in mind that when you work out, inflammation (aka water retention) is a response by the body as it repairs and builds up muscle. This usually goes away in a few days. Tracking changes over time helps to gauge progress. Think about measuring your hips/waist/etc via measuring tape on a weekly basis instead of relying on the scale. Body recomposition can occur even when your weight does not change.
    I can see to having more protein in the diet, if it helps. Will just count it along the calories, and more chicken is always nice ^^

But as to weight training; it's about the least favorite to me, nor do I want to become some woman version of The Rock :/

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Probably. I lost quite a bit of weight by eating only chocolate for a whole while, and maintaining a daily deficit of around 1000; but that was probably just due to the sheer size of the deficit. And maybe would have been more if it was different food.
    I couldn't go that high deficit :/ If I did with my current metabolism, I'd literally get less food than people were given in concentration camps.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-21 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I can see to having more protein in the diet, if it helps. Will just count it along the calories, and more chicken is always nice ^^

But as to weight training; it's about the least favorite to me, nor do I want to become some woman version of The Rock :/
    It is literally impossible for us as women to bulk up like that without steroid use. I would not stress out about that. Remember that for muscles to grow, you need to work out to failure.

If you're tracking things for months and nothing changes, read this and try implementing refeed days, and/or cut back on your stress levels. https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...tabolic-damage

Also...birth control. Every woman I know who went on the pill/patch/IUD ended up gaining about 5 lbs and had a hard time losing. Pretty sure hormonal birth control can have an effect on the weight loss process, even if minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Not when you're destroying society and affecting the health system.
    A saying like that can include a lot of different groups in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    The difference in metabolism is negligible on weight differences in otherwise healthy people. If I eat 2000 calories per day and my friend eats 2000 per day and we engage in same activities then we're gonna end up roughly around the same weight too. She's not going to weigh 30 kg more than me.
    This is absolute BS. I eat 300-400 calories less per day than both my husband and my daughter, I'm more active than both put together, and I'm heavier than both. If you believe for a moment that all people are equal, your entire argument becomes invalid.

*edit... I'm also not stupid enough to believe an article in a magazine and will listen to my doctor instead.
    Last edited by Katarina026; 2017-08-21 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It is literally impossible for us as women to bulk up like that without steroid use. I would not stress out about that. Remember that for muscles to grow, you need to work out to failure.

If you're tracking things for months and nothing changes, read this and try implementing refeed days, and/or cut back on your stress levels. https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...tabolic-damage

Also...birth control. Every woman I know who went on the pill/patch/IUD ended up gaining about 5 lbs and had a hard time losing. Pretty sure hormonal birth control can have an effect on the weight loss process, even if minor.
    Thanks ^^ Bookmarked it. I'll give it another 4'ish weeks and then try those if it still remains like it's now.

As to birth control, not using.

What about water? I'm always terrible at actually drinking enough water.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-21 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    I feel like the whole debate hangs on the different understandings of the word "fit". Some people view "fit" as being the pinnacle of health, in which case, I think it's safe to say there's not a single person on this forum who is considered "fit".

On the other hand, if you have extremely good cardio and you can keep going for hours, and you're incredibly strong and fast, that does sound pretty goddamn fit to me. People like that can easily be overweight.

"Fat but fit" != "fat but healthy."

Deleted
    I couldn't go that high deficit :/ If I did with my current metabolism, I'd literally get less food than people were given in concentration camps.
    I mean, over the course of the past years I had several periods of time where I went with a budget of ~200 or so per day. Which is an even higher deficit. So I am kind of used to it.
    That said, I would obviously not recommend getting even close to that. Chances are you are either going to run into serious health problems, or at the very least gain the weight back later.

I mean, over the course of the past years I had several periods of time where I went with a budget of ~200 or so per day. Which is an even higher deficit. So I am kind of used to it.
    That said, I would obviously not recommend getting even close to that. Chances are you are either going to run into serious health problems, or at the very least gain the weight back later.
    That's kinda scary D: I do hope you won't run into health problems with those adventures.

I will just say this.... In 1999, I was 275 pounds, and riding my bike 125 miles a week, doing about 15 other hours of cardio, PLUS hiking mountains with my dogs..... The numbers might not be perfectly remembered, but they are close.

My pulse was in the high 40's. I had legs that were like oak trees.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done large deficits for a short period of time but I doubt I could do it these days because I need the energy. It does work though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I will just say this.... In 1999, I was 275 pounds, and riding my bike 125 miles a week, doing about 15 other hours of cardio, PLUS hiking mountains with my dogs..... The numbers might not be perfectly remembered, but they are close.

I fucking hate ripping on people but either this is bullshit or you've invented a universe where you can just invent how many hours there are in a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

You must have been eating a LOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    I fucking hate ripping on people but either this is bullshit or you've invented a universe where you can just invent how many hours there are in a day.
    He doesn't have proof so who knows..

Deleted
    That's kinda scary D: I do hope you won't run into health problems with those adventures.
    I did develop osteopenia at some point, but I think it has gotten better again. Maybe. But it doesn't really matter.

What I was trying to say is: I feel like it's also about finding that deficit where you actually lose weight, but that you can also somewhat maintain. Because the issue with those super high deficits is that oftentimes you can't really keep them up; and in the worst case, they'll lead to unhealthy eating habits.

I've done large deficits for a short period of time but I doubt I could do it these days because I need the energy. It does work though.
    I mean, I got through Uni during that time, but it was quite the pain. I am definitely feeling better with at least a few hundred more than that.

Deleted
    He doesn't have proof so who knows..
    What constitutes as "proof" to you, Tennisace? A random blog post on some random blog site? Any such will do, and they're all 100% correct, always?

Quote Originally Posted by Altberg View Post
    What he listed isn't impossible tho. Unlikely, but it could be true. The bike riding and cardio would take ~3.5 hours a day, and the hiking he didn't specify how long and how often.

Deleted
    What he listed isn't impossible tho. Unlikely, but it could be true. The bike riding and cardio would take ~3.5 hours a day, and the hiking he didn't specify how long and how often.
    I want it to be true but who, rightfully, has 3hrs a day to cycle PLUS time to hike up mountains to walk their dogs?