Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wish the taskmaster whipped the slaves when they walked by, and the cook doesn't move either.

the mitra priests still kneel, but that's kinda fitting given the type of god mitra is. i wonder if the set priest moves her arms like the yog priest does now. her animation was bugged previously.

man, the trebuchet is fun. also, range finding is easier than i thought it'd be.

can't throw myself with any regularity though. seems to be random whether it will just stick me on top of the arm or fling me straight up in the air. i've also been hit by the projectile before.

sexy music, and glad to see new weapons and armor.

but i wish weapons had a baseline amount of damage, but different effects based on type. don't like being pushed towards one certain weapon.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So why is it that this game seems like the failed EQ game that didn't get fully realized? Is it really like that? I watched someone stream it, but they were just lost in a desert for a bit. But basically it's an RPG/MMO type game with minecraft/sandbox elements? B/c it looks pretty freaking cool.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So why is it that this game seems like the failed EQ game that didn't get fully realized? Is it really like that? I watched someone stream it, but they were just lost in a desert for a bit. But basically it's an RPG/MMO type game with minecraft/sandbox elements? B/c it looks pretty freaking cool.
    Survival sandbox, but with a Conan skin and some Conan-esque mechanics (either already in the game, like keeping thralls as slaves, or coming, like castration!). Not a MMO at all, Funcom is officially out of the MMO business now that they've put all three of theirs (Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, Secret World) in maintenance mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Survival sandbox, but with a Conan skin and some Conan-esque mechanics (either already in the game, like keeping thralls as slaves, or coming, like castration!). Not a MMO at all, Funcom is officially out of the MMO business now that they've put all three of theirs (Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, Secret World) in maintenance mode.
    Well when I said mmo 'type' I just meant that there was a space occupied by multiple people in an online world. I guess I could simplify and say do servers work like Minecraft, where you create a world and play with people in it, or is it like an MMO where all the world space is shared by everyone?
    BAD WOLF

Can't you build houses too? Just a matter of time before someone castrates their victims and lines their walls with dicks. Potential to be hilarious.

Well when I said mmo 'type' I just meant that there was a space occupied by multiple people in an online world. I guess I could simplify and say do servers work like Minecraft, where you create a world and play with people in it, or is it like an MMO where all the world space is shared by everyone?
    As far as I know...yes. But I've not actually played, just going off of what I've read elsewhere. Very much the same kind of server setup as you see in Rust etc. I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Can't you build houses too? Just a matter of time before someone castrates their victims and lines their walls with dicks. Potential to be hilarious.
    Ye, and outposts and shit eventually. They haven't given any details on what mechanics may go into castration though, just that they're considering it as a future addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know...yes. But I've not actually played, just going off of what I've read elsewhere. Very much the same kind of server setup as you see in Rust etc. I believe.
    "Yes"? I gave you options! which one? lol
    BAD WOLF

"Yes"? I gave you options! which one? lol
    Oh, Minecraft. You can use official servers or host your own, and you can set up some custom rulesets I believe.

so, there should be a patch with some cooler stuff coming next week, hopefully. draw bridges and elevators.

i really like this australian dude. he just seems cool, and i like the way he responds to suggestions in the chat.

Large new update, Frozen North, has gone live today.
    "The Frozen North is massively expanding Conan Exiles, with huge new areas to explore, hundreds of new items to craft, many new monsters to battle, two new dungeons to delve into, an all new temperature system, two new sets of building pieces, a new religion plus cooking and brewing and much more!"

Blog for more info: https://blog.conanexiles.com/en/dev-...-frozen-north/

Trailer:
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-08-16 at 11:02 PM.

i honestly don't like the temperature or new combat system.

i mean, without one or the other it'd be fine, but combined just feels bad when you're stuck in the heat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dam made a post, didn't see this one. just downloaded this today and enjoying it so far.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    everyone else has moved on by now
    Well actually, the expansion just came out, and all official servers are absolutely full, so I'd say at least as many people are playing it right now, as they were back in February.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i honestly don't like the temperature or new combat system.

i mean, without one or the other it'd be fine, but combined just feels bad when you're stuck in the heat.
    The temperature system is a bit wonky, sure, in that shade does not cool you down, and you don't freeze to death at night in the desert, as you probably should. Of course, if the desert did get cold at night, that would make playing even more of a bitch, as you'd have to switch armor sets if you happened to be out at night, to survive the cold. Also, buildings don't cool you down, at least not the sandstone ones. There are certain areas in the desert that are hotter than others. All you need to do is learn where it starts getting hot, and where you're comfortable. Don't traverse the hot areas if you don't need to. Also, wearing proper armor helps a lot; don't go for medium in the desert. Stick to light, as it will cool you down. Wearing fur in the north ensures you don't freeze.

Since you posted, I think they hotfixed the system in that if you're overheating (2+) now, you no longer get a huge amount of encumbrance (and thus can't run), but rather you just keep burning off water faster, and your stamina consumption is higher. It makes surviving those overheating situations much easier. Freezing is the same, except it burns food, instead of water.

The combat system is actually a combat system now, instead of the bullshit "run like a moron and spam your sword/spear" -nonsystem that it was before. It was completely brainless and braindead before. The current system isn't perfect, but at least now you can actually fight NPCs with some intelligence, by doing attacks and dodges, reacting to what the enemy does, and so on. In PvP, things aren't much better yet, since it'll still be the same completely retarded bullshit that it was before this system, but yeah, having said that, combat is a million times more intelligent and a million times better now than it ever was. It was so asinine I felt like punching the developers in the face for putting it in the game.

Archers can actually fight some NPCs relatively well now; dodge as they hit, shoot, repeat. Dodge/shield also works with melee weapon for quite a few NPCs. Needs tweaking still, but it's getting there.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-08-22 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well actually, the expansion just came out, and all official servers are absolutely full, so I'd say at least as many people are playing it right now, as they were back in February.
    It's max peak after the expansion has launched is 12.5k which is not even a 1/5 of the February numbers, so i doubt it.

EDIT: Truth be told, as a survival game it's amazingly boring and the mechanics were severely outdated. The rubberbanding itself killed off much of the playerbase it struggled to maintain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's max peak after the expansion has launched is 12.5k
    According to what? All I know is that the official servers seem to be full throughout the day and well into the night. Also, it's a game in development. Might be an idea to wait until it launches and see what it's like then. Why would anyone expect a game in development to have a "playerbase" anyway? That makes no sense.

Mounts, settlement system, the Purge...if they add all these things, and fix most of the bugs, it'll be pretty damn cool. Yes, it's a big if, but at least there's a deadline for the launch, and I'm sure everyone can wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-08-22 at 01:00 AM.

How do you release an expansion for a game that's still in alpha testing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    How do you release an expansion for a game that's still in alpha testing?
    Well I mean it's not really that complicated. You develop some stuff. You make that stuff available for early access, alpha or beta. You add stuff and make that available again. You keep doing this until you've gotten all the features you want at launch, made available for testing. Then you test the whole package, hopefully fix most of what needs fixing, and then launch.

I'm not sure there's ever been an alpha test or a beta test that hasn't had patches in it, patches which quite often introduce new features. Just because this is slated as an "expansion" doesn't really mean jack. It's just a patch, with a whole bunch of new features made available for testing. Now, sure, there are some people who think that no developer should ever make anything available for testing until every feature under the Sun has been added to the game. Those people are free to have their opinion, even if they're wrong.

Conan Exiles is slated to have several big features to be added still; mounts, the settlement system, the Purge. I'm sure there'll be at least one or two bigger testing patches released, which are given the label "expansion" as well. It's really a bit of a waste of time and effort to get hung up on the word that's being used.

Also, just to be clear, paid beta tests and paid alpha tests, typically with a nominal fee, or quite often with the ability to have ownership of the entire game (early access), have been around for ages now, and, again, to be quite clear, this expansion was completely free as long as you're in the early access. On the Xbox, people are paying for the whole package, so basically buying early access there, as well. The expansion itself costs nothing. It's just a big alpha patch dressed up as an expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-08-22 at 02:44 AM.

can anyone more versed in the conan world's lore tell me which race is most like the romans? i got a powerful URGH to be an empress with hundreds of slaves, and there's no empire greater to emulate than the roman empire.