Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If you ask me if everyone in say Wales should either speak Welsh or leave, the answer is of course yes.

I support though peoples freedom to associate how they like. The problem for the Taylors and Spencers is they are stuck chasing some bugaboo of trying to control the government when really they just need to restore freedom of association and they by default have all that they would ever need.

So no, I argue Spencer and company are fucking retarded. But I wouldn't call them Nazi's, all the Nazi's are dead and gone and I'm tired of Godwins law and fighting wars that happened long ago against Ghosts.
    All we need are the ghosts of the Redcoats and we have a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's weird that after all your humanist/futurist wisdom-peddling and such, that THIS is the hill you choose to die on, Connal.

It makes me wonder if all your visions of that ideal future require the excision of elements you find to be unsavory.
    Of course they do.

Well as Noam Chomsky said, who is often wrong about things, you better hope that the fight doesn't get violent, because its people like "Us" that usually lose (he was actually right that time)

The entire "punch a Nazi" thing is not about Nazis or even white supremacists or Klan members, its about leftists who want to punch people they disagree with and come up with an excuse (which is also illegitimate) to do it. If you're going to advocate for political violence you have to be willing to accept that people will not defend you from political violence against you simply using your standard. If you punch a Nazi and knock his tooth out, and then he punches you in the head and fractures your skull no one should feel bad for you unless he really threw the first punch.

It's weird that after all your humanist/futurist wisdom-peddling and such, that THIS is the hill you choose to die on, Connal.

It makes me wonder if all your visions of that ideal future require the excision of elements you find to be unsavory.
    Bro. Everyone that pushes tech utopia always will have an underclass they view must be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If you ask me if everyone in say Wales should either speak Welsh or leave, the answer is of course yes.

I support though peoples freedom to associate how they like. The problem for the Taylors and Spencers is they are stuck chasing some bugaboo of trying to control the government when really they just need to restore freedom of association and they by default have all that they would ever need.

So no, I argue Spencer and company are fucking retarded. But I wouldn't call them Nazi's, all the Nazi's are dead and gone and I'm tired of Godwins law and fighting wars that happened long ago against Ghosts.
    https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/statu...84949634232320
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I miss the days when the extreme left and the extreme right peddled there bullshit in pamphlets that you would just toss away without reading but now it seems you cant escape this even on a forum dedicated to fucking World of Warcraft!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well as Noam Chomsky said, who is often wrong about things, you better hope that the fight doesn't get violent, because its people like "Us" that usually lose (he was actually right that time)
    This requires making a LOT of strange assumptions. That Noam Chomsky, a tenured college professor, would have an first-hand understanding of how the poor people on the left operate. That gun owners are, by default, right-wing. Or that even if this were true, that the inequity of arsenal couldn't be wiped out over the course of a weekend.

The entire "punch a Nazi" thing is not about Nazis or even white supremacists or Klan members, its about leftists who want to punch people they disagree with and come up with an excuse (which is also illegitimate) to do it.
    I keep seeing people say this, but when I ask for evidence that this is what's happening or ask for specifics on what exactly the disagreement is about, no one ever seems to respond. Strange...

If you're going to advocate for political violence you have to be willing to accept that people will not defend you from political violence against you simply using your standard. If you punch a Nazi and knock his tooth out, and then he punches you in the head and fractures your skull no one should feel bad for you unless he really threw the first punch.
    The thing you're missing is that Nazism is inherently violent. Violence is their entire raison d'etre. So yeah, they threw the first punch by being Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    What, fighting against Nazi ideology and and Nazi apologists? Glad to die on that hill. And yes to your second question. Excision by education, or if people are not rational genetic modification to make them rational, and then more education...
    Yes. Just put them in the ovens. I mean gene modifiers!

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Is this what the "right side of history" looks like?
    Yeah! When has the "right side of history" EVER been violent?

- - - Updated - - -

As far is "Is punching Nazis good?". Well...

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...04486268485632

You can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I keep seeing people say this, but when I ask for evidence that this is what's happening or ask for specifics on what exactly the disagreement is about, no one ever seems to respond. Strange...
    Well, it's happened twice with deadly force so far from the left: Eric Clanton got charged with four counts of assault for beating the shit out of some right-winger with a bike lock, and in Charlottesville a right-winger got his head bludgeoned in when he was already unconscious by an as-yet unidentified guy with wooden rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Well, it's happened twice with deadly force so far from the left: Eric Clanton got charged with four counts of assault for beating the shit out of some right-winger with a bike lock, and in Charlottesville a right-winger got his head bludgeoned in when he was already unconscious by an as-yet unidentified guy with wooden rod.
    Ok, but where's your proof those people weren't, in fact, Nazis?

We draw the line at Nazis. I'm tired of this "slippery slope" argument. You have to be able to see the difference between literal nazis and normal people voicing controversial ideas.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Fight them with your words all you want. When you start advocating for violence against people who hold opposing viewpoints, that's unacceptable.
    Bovine. The problem is that the viewpoint is question is whether or not I have the right to exist.

Ok, but where's your proof those people weren't, in fact, Nazis?
    Well, Eric Clanton assaulted a Trump supporter, months before the astroturfed alt-right showed up with Spencer and his ilk. Trump supporters are not inherently Nazis though many on the left enjoy equating the two. I'd be comfortable acknowledging that the Charlottesville guy was probably an alt-righter.

Well, Eric Clanton assaulted a Trump supporter, months before the astroturfed alt-right showed up with Spencer and his ilk. Trump supporters are not inherently Nazis though many on the left enjoy equating the two. I'd be comfortable acknowledging that the Charlottesville guy was probably an alt-righter.
    Wait, so this happened BEFORE the election?

Wait, so this happened BEFORE the election?
    It happened in May, so I'm guessing not. I'm sure I can find the left stirring up violence at Trump rallies during the campaign too.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole shitstorm of "being passive mean supporting the enemy" is so outrageously stupid and void of any sense whatsoever that frankly it should be categorized as satire.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Until they actually DO something, or plan to do something, or whatever...you don't have the right to attack them no matter how many times they say you shouldn't exist.

Yes, they're trash. Yes, their viewpoints are abhorrent. But the US is built on the idea that everyone can have those views. Now, society can reject them. We can expel them from our circles, our workplaces, our families. But we don't go around attacking them. We don't round them up and throw them in cell. We don't roam around looking for them so we can do them harm.
    This! Nazis and white supremacists are stupid but we have laws!

It's pathetc watching people loopholing this into "So you can punch anyone you disagree with?!", noone said that, it's nothing but a weak strawman excuse for an argument, we're talking nazis, yes nazis deserve a punch in the face for their fucked up opinion that all jews, africans etc. are lesser human and need to be dealt with, history clearly shows us how nazis think dealing with thoose ethnicities should be done.

Do I think it should be legal to punch people you disagree with in the face? ofcourse not, but I'll make an exception for nazis, their goal is pretty obvious and disgusting.

Furthermore, history clearly shows us that nazism can be beaten out of nazis, ww2 was barely over and lo and behold, the nazis were "gone", heck we had issues with neo-nazis in the 90's, they also recived punches and have all but shut themselves down ever since.

So go on with your "what about muslims? or homopobes? or knicks fans?", the topic is nazis, any ideology that openly supports the holocaust and preach the same shit they did, clearly forfeited their demand for tolerance. And no ofcourse a haircut does not make you a nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Physically assaulting people is generally not advised, because:
    1) It's illegal, and you will go to jail - I know, reason I am against people whom believe this to be okay in real.
    2) It's the second least effective way of convincing them of your point of view (the least effective is remaining silent/doing nothing) - I know, but blocking them out is still the strongest than starting a riot.
    3) Nazis are chicken-shits desperate to shoot people who disagree with them, so if you punch someone like Christopher Cantwell, his reaction will likely be to sob, run away, then come back with an assault rifle and mow you down from behind - A lot of the antifa are like this too, you have this attitude from people whom aren't even Nazis

With that said, 'Nazis' are not 'anyone' - it is not up to your subjective opinion or claim in the police report. If you haven't been paying attention to the news lately, there are a bunch of assholes cosplaying as literal Nazis, carrying Nazi flags, or shirts with Hilter quotes on them, or Nazi saluting, or chanting Nazi chants like "Blood & Soil!" "Jews will not replace us!", etc.
    Which should count as disrupting the public and handled by the authorities. Problem is, freedom of speech and some aren't that fast to deny them the platform to use it. I follow the news, and I see shit heads on both sides.

If it goose steps like a Nazi, and it cosplays like a Nazi, and it spouts hate like a Nazi, it's a Nazi. Nazis aren't "anyone you disagree with", they are "the people everyone disagrees with". Assault is still and should always remain illegal, but metaphorically punching down the Nazis on internet forums, or sacrificing decorum to silence Nazi protests by - as example yesterday - filling the entire square with counter-protestors before the Nazis arrived so they would have nowhere to stand at their own rally, or in other ways silencing Nazis: ideologically 'punching' Nazis is a still noble act, without condoning pointless violence.
    But it is outright insane to believe that punching another person is okay for what they believe. My comment was towards the ones who has the belief of doing it in real life.

And before you speak more, there is nazis that doesn't 'cosplay' them, that doesn't 'goose step' and whom doesn't walk around in public, yelling it. And again, I am not a nazi.

Now, I agree with you and the actions of preventing them the public platform to speak out, as long as it doesn't turn in to an assault. But if others users this to 'silence' them online, I don't give a flying fuck then. I was talking about the physically retarded act of taking out assault on people in person - and sadly, some already do punch because they believe they are nazi, and some of these were false accentuations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This! Nazis and white supremacists are stupid but we have laws!
    This is why, this right here. Countries pick to have freedom of speech, and have laws to protect people. Nazis, Antifa, extremists are dipshits but in the end, still people.

- - - Updated - - -

It happened in May, so I'm guessing not. I'm sure I can find the left stirring up violence at Trump rallies during the campaign too.
    There is plenty of that, from both sides.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..