Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    best thing to do would be check the marauder forum on the PoE forums they usually have nice detailed build layouts and such.
    I thank you for the advise but disagree with you... the poe forum is like a confusing wall of text being thrown at you with outdated build and shorten words... its like reading codes as a none programmer. Its not very friendly for new comers. they need to clean the forum once in a while,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I thank you for the advise but disagree with you... the poe forum is like a confusing wall of text being thrown at you with outdated build and shorten words... its like reading codes as a none programmer. Its not very friendly for new comers. they need to clean the forum once in a while,
    I have no idea what in the world you are going on about. I have had no issues at all reading through the forums, and any guide that is actually worth following not only has links to the gear, gems and jewels it uses, but if it uses abbreviations for anything, you should know what they mean by the time they do or you just aren't paying attention. And if you're into the game enough to actually want to follow a build guide, one would hope you knew what LMP, GMP, CWDT, and PPAD actually stood for. If not, well, there's always google.

Yes, many of the guides were created in older patches. But most of them are still perfectly viable. Just because a build is tagged as 2.4, 2.6, etc doesn't mean that it is completely broken. At least the core concept is still valid, and it should just take a bit of tweaking to get it right.

For instance, I was following ZiggyD's Spark Scion build, which used Drillneck to take advantage of the pierce bonus. Unfortunately 3.0 broke that completely, making Drillneck completely worthless for this build. But I just got another quiver that felt relevant and everything is still fine.

Build guides are exactly that - guides - and you'll have a really hard time following them to the letter. Not everyone plays the same exact way. Take the majority of it, and finish it off how you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Meanwhile, i DO play on this game.

Having a lot of fun playing SrS. Got my Baron and 6L +2 weapon. Basically all I have left is a +3 weapon, gem levels/quality, and maybe empower.
    Level 89, which matches the highest I've gone before, and farming 12-14 maps pretty easily. Haven't done anything special with my Atlas, at 60 odd percent, don't use sextants or anything, just completing every map I can.

After I get my +3 weapon I think I'll try some Guardians and other end game stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Anyone who can suggest a very easy-to-learn melee build with a guide for gear and stuff... havent played for a very long time.

Was thinking about Sunder Berserker Marauder?
    As far as a guide goes, this build: Cyclone Duelist is hands down my favorite build. While it does require certain Uniques to work the best, you can get most of the gear for less than 100c total. Xoph's Blood is about 4 ex, which is the most expensive piece, but it isn't absolutely required. And cyclone is just so much freaking FUN. Just spin around and melt faces! I've made several posts in that thread with my gear and such in it (same screename as this one). I'm by no means rich, nor an 'expert' player. Everything I got I either farmed myself, sold stuff to get the currency I needed, or converted currency for other currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm when you start doing maps do Chaos orbs drop more often cause I'm almost level 70 and have only found like 6 of them.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying.

The difficulty curve keeps increasing.

You can probably get all the way through Act 10 with only like 5k dps and 2-3k EHP, then merc lab with like 7k dps and 3k EHP, early maps up to like t8 with like 10k dps and 4k EHP... All with very little trading or even self-found...

But then it starts going way up.

Like right now I am just farming like T11/T12 maps... I was playing with fire traps (not strong at all, probably entirely incapable of doing endgame since the double dipping nerf, but I just wanted to do something I hadn't done yet and traps was it)...

Right now I am level 85 and my fire trap is only a five-link at this point. I have about ~7.5k EHP (5k life, 1700 energy shield, 900 unreserved mana (mind over matter)... My DPS is about ~60k (~17k/sec ignites + 41k/sec burning ground), plus the initial hit of the trap exploding which is ~17k...

It can take me quite a while (45-60 seconds) to kill some bosses in T11/T12 maps (the ones with extreme fire resist) and I still occasionally get one shotted. The only upgrades I can get at this point are perfect armor rolls and a six-link of my unique staff... All of which will cost several exalts, each. Like just getting my six-link will either cost me several exalts outright or hundreds (if I am lucky)/thousands (if I am unlucky) of fusings, etc.

And the curve just keeps going up... To do T16/Shaper you need hundreds of thousands of DPS and easily 10k+ EHP, probably more.
    Some builds scale much better than others. I went Ancestral Warchief berserker, at lvl 30 my totem were already doing 20k dps, right now at 75 they do around 200k dps each (still missing some key nodes, gear pieces, obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little confused by Ruthless Blow. The gem says every 3rd hit triggers a Ruthless Blow, which deals 100% more damage, but then it also says "Deals 100% more damage with Bleeding caused by Melee hits"

Does that mean every third hit deals 100% extra damage, but then if it hits a bleeding target it deals an extra 100%?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm a little confused by Ruthless Blow. The gem says every 3rd hit triggers a Ruthless Blow, which deals 100% more damage, but then it also says "Deals 100% more damage with Bleeding caused by Melee hits"

Does that mean every third hit deals 100% extra damage, but then if it hits a bleeding target it deals an extra 100%?
    It means bleeds caused by ruthless blows will deal more damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Some builds scale much better than others. I went Ancestral Warchief berserker, at lvl 30 my totem were already doing 20k dps, right now at 75 they do around 200k dps each (still missing some key nodes, gear pieces, obviously).
    Ancestral Warchief is like the exception to every rule in this game (its crazy it has never been nerfed, its always been like this)... Especially if you go Facebreakers.

You need no gem levels and almost no gear to get to endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means bleeds caused by ruthless blows will deal more damage.
    Ah... So it's probably worth sticking Chance to Bleed support on their as well?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The tencent/chinese trailer is wtf tier, lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah... So it's probably worth sticking Chance to Bleed support on their as well?
    I'd rely more on the passive tree and uniques for bleed chance, if even at all. Not worth sacrificing a gem socket for that, IMO. Even with the damage doubled, bleeding doesn't really do a lot of damage unless you are actually building for bleeds (Crimson Dance, Red Storm cluster, damage over time, etc...), which I assume you aren't... So they would do even less damage.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-08-22 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rely more on the passive tree and uniques for bleed chance, if even at all.
    That's the thing, I already have like 30% Bleed chance from the tree, and soon I'll have 25% from Gladiator Ascension plus a fair few of my nodes have increased Ailment Damage (seems to just come bundled in with most weapon nodes these days.)

The big question though... Is it worth swapping out Static Stike (my current skill of choice) for something like Cleave, if I got for the Bleed route.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing, I already have like 30% Bleed chance from the tree, and soon I'll have 25% from Gladiator Ascension plus a fair few of my nodes have increased Ailment Damage (seems to just come bundled in with most weapon nodes these days.)

The big question though... Is it worth swapping out Static Stike (my current skill of choice) for something like Cleave, if I got for the Bleed route.
    Probably. With cleave you would be pure phys, which would have better synergy with the bleeds. If you are going to focus on bleeds though, you should definitely be going for the Crimson Dance cluster of the passive tree, if you haven't gotten it already.

Cleave > Brutality > Melee Physical Damage > Multistrike > Maim > Ruthless

That is the six link I would think would work best with Cleave and bleeds. In that order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleave > Brutality > Melee Physical Damage > Multistrike > Maim > Ruthless

That is the six link I would think would work best with Cleave and bleeds. In that order.
    I'm using Bringer of Rain, so I don't have a chestpeice, best I can do is a 4link

Deleted
    So i have met templar avarius these days, and honestly i do not get what is the point of this boss.
    I have only tried it with melee chars so far, but it is already clear that with a ranged char with minions it has to be a cakewalk.
    It is doable with melee chars, although i do not really understand why it does have an energy shield, which makes the small opportunity windows to hit him safely useless a lot of times.
    But the thing that i do not really get is, what is the point of designing a boss fight with mechanics, and with a difficulty, and then allowing to brute force said boss?.
    Is this game only intended for being played in hardcore mode?, because if that is not the case i do not get why it does punish you for following mechanics and doing an effort to kill the boss without dying.
    Also for a game which supposedly is about choosing the playstyle you like, the difference in downing that boss with melee or ranged builds it is like a joke.

Avarius/Innocence is the poster child of overdesigning.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1973445

Oh shit, raven raging spirits! If I stick around and keep enjoying myself that'll likely be my next purchase. Not a big fan of the raging skull visual or the greenish blue replacement, but the ravens look dope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Oh shit, raven raging spirits! If I stick around and keep enjoying myself that'll likely be my next purchase. Not a big fan of the raging skull visual or the greenish blue replacement, but the ravens look dope.
    there is an enemy that uses the raven effect so its nice to see they are giving it to players.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Those do look pretty awesome tbh.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Those do look pretty awesome tbh.
    Yeah, I'm a fan. Already picked up stash tabs (holy shit currency tab is the best thing), but depending on pricing this will likely be my next purchase. Armors are dope, but dunno if they're $40 dope : P