Poll: Do you agree?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    So you are bored of farming some mount/mog and want increased drop rates basically with the "challenge" excuse.
    I don't care but i would not do it, it will NEVER be worth your time. Guess why? Even if you have a version of any raid that drops, lets say, 3x the normal loot with a challenging difficulty, i rather do 3 runs of that thing on a faceroll difficulty while watching a movie or something. For it to be worth it needs to be something like...10 times more loot? Then you have problems with a new in-game gold source.

10+ Year Old Account
    I continue to laugh at the playerbase that thinks that decreasing the amount of available gameplay (i.e. increasing drop rates for stuff you want so you can do less content) is either healthy to the game or to the playerbase. This is, of course, why you work at Mcdonalds and not for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

So more rehashed content. No thanks. I'd prefer if we're going to get more single player content that it actually is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    DISCLAIMER:
    This is not an alternative to Timewalking.
    This is a replacement to the way players solo run old content.
    Currently it provides no challenge - you simply roll a dice every few minutes for a chance of getting what you want.
    DISCLAIMER:

Would be nice to see Blizzard use their work on Timewalking to also provide us with a less trivial Old Content soloing experience.

Although they could simply adjust mechanics and numbers so that they function Solo that would probably end up being tuned for DPS, so I think the best way might ultimately be giving you 4 NPCs (scenario style) so you can choose which Role you want to fulfill while simultaneously being able to keep most mechanics fairly intact.

This means you would have 2 ways to run instanced old content:
    - Timewalking (just as it currently functions)
    - Solo Timewalking
    You would no longer just stomp everything in a few minutes for loot piñata.

Farming that transmog or mount might become less frustrating with higher drop rates.

The thought process in this suggestion is simple:
    - Make old content no longer trivial.
    - Don't take away the ability to solo it.
    - Improve rewards to make it feel worth the increased time and effort.
    No, I think your level should be tuned down to old raid difficulty if you want to get the loot. Therefore you need 25 ppl if you want to raid old content. Same condition as the ones who did it back then.

No raids should be soloable, ever.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2017-08-22 at 09:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No, I think your level should be tuned down to old raid difficulty if you want to get the loot. Therefore you need 25 ppl if you want to raid old content. Same condition as the ones who did it back then.

No raids should be soloable, ever.
    I understand what you mean, but it isn't the same.
    "Back then" those raids were the end game. Now they are useless.
    That's why your idea wouldn't work.
    That is also why Timewalking works - because it gives current versions of old gear.

Now, I would definitely LOVE if Blizzard made Timewalking include old Sets and unique items/trinkets to allow us to make crazy combinations.

But that has nothing to do with the current soloing experience - which already exists, and I think could EASILY be made more fun and rewarding, without reducing the value from the group Timewalking.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I continue to laugh at the playerbase that thinks that decreasing the amount of available gameplay (i.e. increasing drop rates for stuff you want so you can do less content) is either healthy to the game or to the playerbase. This is, of course, why you work at Mcdonalds and not for Blizzard.
    This has been the trend Blizzard has followed every single expansion.
    This is why the last expansions has been plagued with raidlogging, garrisnooze and next to no real content outside of raids.

Legion turned abit on this, with AP and legendary farms, which was good in that sense, but sadly at this point in Legion both are abit obsolete, and so raidloggers and such less desirable players start to flourish again.

Any real effort to introduce more and new solo content would be highly appreciated.
    Chromie, mage tower challenges and even some of the class quest lines (rogue in particular) was pretty cool.

If they actually introduced solo content ala m+, like alternative to group content it would be just awesome.

People who cannot see any reason to add any solo content, is in my mind a raidlogger, which is the first kind of players who stops attending raids.
    You need to play your toon also outside raids to feel any investment or dedication to it.

No. stop trying to fix something that aint broken ffs. I have enough shit to deal with in wow as is. Now i need to spend a lot of time and effort getting transmogs from a raid i am done with, fucking years ago ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    It always amazes me when someone want to remove the MMO part from MMORPG.

Dungeons and Raids should not be something you can just solo, unless its old content where you one shot everything.

I'm fine with having things to do solo, like the artifact challenges, storylines, scenarios (no need for two others) etc. Theres nothing wrong with having solo content in an MMORPG.

Look at FFXIV, a lot of that is solo content, the only thing you really group up for are fates (you can solo them if you wish) and instances. Everything else can be done solo, and its great.