Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Lore wise illidan opened a fucking portal in the cinematic, it is world wide so you can't see it.

If you are too lazy too google lore please don't bullshit your way into this thread.
    It is Blizzard that is too "lazy" to accurately and satisfyingly depict this lore in the in-game skybox, and that is ALL IT IS.

It's not worth the effort required to make it more "accurate" in terms of astronomy and how planets behave, especially given that the world and everything in it is fictional and magical.

They just threw Argus up there and it had to occupy one of the layers. No matter what they picked, someone would find fault with it. But god damn, we're playing WoW, not Kerbal Space Program.

Lore wise illidan opened a fucking portal in the cinematic, it is world wide so you can't see it.

If you are too lazy too google lore please don't bullshit your way into this thread.
    Can you tone down with the rage please?
    Why don't you provide some links (which don't read lead to other other people posting their opinions) to this holy "lore"?

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    This thread has become hilarious. As someone who rps, I can tell you for a fact that this is simply an oversight from Blizzard. Was Argus pulled through the portal, or is the portal still there? We may never know, this is Blizzard, after all. There tends to be a lot of lore they fail to explain completely/ present poorly so as to ensue confusion.
    This guy gets it.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

sigh...
    You start to sound like a little kid who just learned a new thing and thinks and noone else knows it yet.

We all watched that cinematic many times. Yes, you can see a portal there expanding. But no matter how big the portal would be, assuming it's flat, we should still be able to see the borders. Unless it's not flat and it encircles one of the planets. And Azeroth's moon shouldn't be visible anywhere near Argus either, unless it has crossed the portal and flew behind Argus.

Maybe the blizzard's mistakes were: not drawing portal's border, letting Azeroth's moon be visible near Argus.
    Or maybe their mistake was: not showing the portal was closed and Argus ending up near Azeroth permanently.

Who knows? Until Blizzard confirms whichever version all we have is our assumptions. Of course you can fixate on your own version and run around shouting at whomever has objections.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I have no need to pretend anything. In fact, I don't care much.
    I'm simply exploring possibilities.
    Whatever Blizzard says it will be so in lore. Maybe someone will ask the question, Blizzard will clear this out, and there will be no confusion anymore.

Just stop shouting at people who ask questions or find fun in finding small inconsistencies like this and pondering their potential consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    And in the image you can see the edges.
    It's still a portal either way? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

To the people saying that Argus is right next to Azeroth:

It's a rift. We see it expand. The only reason they LOOK right next to each other, is because sometimes, portals can bring out mind fucks, making you believe that they're right next to each other.

Hell, if Argus was right next to Azeroth, then explain to me this: How is Sargeras at Azeroth by the end of the Antorus raid? Wouldn't make sense, right? Cause, Sargeras is still light years (AKA, Ages) away from Azeroth. It's a portal....

You can't argue about this, guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    sigh...
    You start to sound like a little kid who just learned a new thing and thinks and noone else knows it yet.

We all watched that cinematic many times. Yes, you can see a portal there expanding. But no matter how big the portal would be, assuming it's flat, we should still be able to see the borders. Unless it's not flat and it encircles one of the planets. And Azeroth's moon shouldn't be visible anywhere near Argus either, unless it has crossed the portal and flew behind Argus.

Maybe the blizzard's mistakes were: not drawing portal's border, letting Azeroth's moon be visible near Argus.
    Or maybe their mistake was: not showing the portal was closed and Argus ending up near Azeroth permanently.

Who knows? Until Blizzard confirms whichever version all we have is our assumptions. Of course you can fixate on your own version and run around shouting at whomever has objections.
    That's just it. An Illusion, Azeroth's moon is behind Argus, cause it gives the ILLUSION That it's behind Argus, when it really is just behind the portal to Argus.

It's also why the Sky is still the same, even after the rift was created. If Argus was right next to Azeroth, then the planets would collide, due to either our Gravity, or due to the Fel's gravitational pull. Blizzard's not dumb enough to forget that one fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    It's still a portal either way? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

To the people saying that Argus is right next to Azeroth:

It's a rift. We see it expand. The only reason they LOOK right next to each other, is because sometimes, portals can bring out mind fucks, making you believe that they're right next to each other.
    I don't think anyone in here used the implication "we can see argus so it was teleported to the Azeroth". It's more of a "we can't see the portal / rift anymore and the moon hides behind Argus, which would make sense if Argus passed the portal ending up near Azeroth and the portal closing behind it."

Hell, if Argus was right next to Azeroth, then explain to me this: How is Sargeras at Azeroth by the end of the Antorus raid? Wouldn't make sense, right? Cause, Sargeras is still light years (AKA, Ages) away from Azeroth. It's a portal....

You can't argue about this, guys.
    I don't quite follow. Sargeras is at Azeroth by the end of Antorus raid? Why? Frist time I hear that.
    And what difference does it make whether there's still a portal or if the planet was teleported? In both cases Argus is still close to Azeroth.

You guys think gravity is a problem. Thats one thing they mastered. See: flying dalaran.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

That's just it. An Illusion, Azeroth's moon is behind Argus, cause it gives the ILLUSION That it's behind Argus, when it really is just behind the portal to Argus.

It's also why the Sky is still the same, even after the rift was created. If Argus was right next to Azeroth, then the planets would collide, due to either our Gravity, or due to the Fel's gravitational pull. Blizzard's not dumb enough to forget that one fact.
    So you're saying the portal is transparent and we can see both what's behind the portal in Azeroth's space and in Argus' space? Why can't we see the moon while it's behind Argus then?

Illidan bought a talisman from griftah allowing him to open portals that wont let gravity through. Its really obvious.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever heard of Pluto and Charon , the gravitational point on those 2 isn't central.

Just because Argus is close it doesn't need to rotate azeroth all out of whack, or it's moons for that matter.

Argus is even looking very hollow, so most of it's actual mass/gravity is certainly gone (if we used physics, we assume planet cores are usually made out of much heavier materials, including earth's)

Other then that, it's a fantasy world.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-21 at 11:59 PM.

It would be funny if that moon behind Argus slowly got bigger and BIGGER until we realize it is actually Sargeras coming into view to kill us all. I wonder if we will in fact see Sargeras in the sky in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It would be funny if that moon behind Argus slowly got bigger and BIGGER until we realize it is actually Sargeras coming into view to kill us all. I wonder if we will in fact see Sargeras in the sky in 7.3.
    Suddenly it all makes sense now.
    https://youtu.be/i1oDkofzI-o?t=44

Illidan = Serious Sam

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I merely considered that the moons were legitimately passing through the rift itself, going into Argussian space, orbiting around Argus, and then coming back through the rift and orbiting Azeroth before repeating the whole process again.

This, of course, destroys science, which is far from a first in the Warcraft universe, though since reading the first page of this thread, I can see the theory that the moons may, in fact, be passing behind the rift itself, rather than through. Either way is possible, I suppose, though the rift did stretch a lot further than Argus itself (Azeroth is significantly larger in size) and you can still see Azeroth's moons sitting directly behind Argus, which doesn't seem plausible if it is to disappear behind a rift that is a lot wider than Argus itself.

So you're saying the portal is transparent and we can see both what's behind the portal in Azeroth's space and in Argus' space? Why can't we see the moon while it's behind Argus then?
    Because the Portal is closer to Azeroth, than the moon is? ...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone in here used the implication "we can see argus so it was teleported to the Azeroth". It's more of a "we can't see the portal / rift anymore and the moon hides behind Argus, which would make sense if Argus passed the portal ending up near Azeroth and the portal closing behind it."

I don't quite follow. Sargeras is at Azeroth by the end of Antorus raid? Why? Frist time I hear that.
    And what difference does it make whether there's still a portal or if the planet was teleported? In both cases Argus is still close to Azeroth.

I forgot to blank out the Spoilers. But yeah, he's there around Azeroth.

Because the Portal is closer to Azeroth, than the moon is? ...
    Sorry, but you're not making much sense. Are you saying that Argus, which is on the other side of the portal, not the portal itself, covers the moon which is on our side of the portal, but behind it? But at the same time we can see it behind the portal when it's in any other position. So the portal must be transparent except for the spot where Argus is. Or it doesn't span the whole sky. Why else would we only see Argus through the portal, and the space behind / around it?

I forgot to blank out the Spoilers. But yeah, he's there around Azeroth.
    And what difference does it make if there's a portal or if the planet was teleported?
    Last edited by procne; 2017-08-22 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Other then that, it's a fantasy world.

This should never be an excuse for bad writing. Most stories with magic, including Warcraft, have actual physics for their magic so that you can't handwave everything by saying "cause magic" there are still physics at play even if magic is used. As someone said earlier in the threat that "it doesn't matter, we can create fireballs" We can create fireballs by using energy to merge a shit load of "fire particles" together and throwing it. It's not a massivly detailed explanation, but there are rules to what is possible and what is not. So no one should be using "cause it's magic or it's fiction" as an excuse for bad writing (not saying it is in this case necessarily) in a lore discussion.

Sadly in the case of argus, we do not know what a portal can actually do in regards to gravity. Would have been nice to have had some conscequences for Azeroth by having a massive celestial body being so closeby.

Wouldn't a portal also have some form of gravitation pull? Since portals are made from arcane matter. So it wouldn't really matter if there is a planet at the other side, it's still a massive body of mass in Azeroths gravitational pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    This should never be an excuse for bad writing. Most stories with magic, including Warcraft, have actual physics for their magic so that you can't handwave everything by saying "cause magic" there are still physics at play even if magic is used. As someone said earlier in the threat that "it doesn't matter, we can create fireballs" We can create fireballs by using energy to merge a shit load of "fire particles" together and throwing it. It's not a massivly detailed explanation, but there are rules to what is possible and what is not. So no one should be using "cause it's magic or it's fiction" as an excuse for bad writing (not saying it is in this case necessarily) in a lore discussion.
    I think we're well past the point where magic has any rules. For instance, Sargeras was trying to get to Azeroth for thousands of years, having to use elaborate plots and huge rituals to open any portal to Azeroth to get some of his forces here. And now Illidan, with a wave of a hand, creates a planet-big portal between the planets, one that's either permanent or that was strong enough to teleport a whole planet.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post

Sadly in the case of argus, we do not know what a portal can actually do in regards to gravity. Would have been nice to have had some conscequences for Azeroth by having a massive celestial body being so closeby.
    Blizz just wanted us to give us a visual representation of Argus. And also give a reason how the raid escaped the ToS raid.

We still need a "space ship" to go there in 7.3, but after that first establishment you can portal/hearthstone there at will, for gameplay reasons obviously.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-22 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Omg, is Argus flat, just like Earth?!

Sorry, but you're not making much sense. Are you saying that Argus, which is on the other side of the portal, not the portal itself, covers the moon which is on our side of the portal, but behind it? But at the same time we can see it behind the portal when it's in any other position. So the portal must be transparent except for the spot where Argus is. Or it doesn't span the whole sky. Why else would we only see Argus through the portal, and the space behind / around it?

And what difference does it make if there's a portal or if the planet was teleported?
    No, i'm saying that the portal itself covers the moon. LOL