Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Schizoid said. The first ever sha drop was on the Sep 25th. the day THEY WERE FIXED TO ACTUALLY DROP. Galleon was around the same day or day after if memory serves right for that one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All three sites you list say 1% of players have the big love rocket, a mount with a 1 in 3333 droprate that's only available for one week per year. That is obviously not correct.

Wowrarity has the Galleon mount at 0.5% compared to 1.2% for the love rocket. Galleon is up every single week for years and has a 1 in 2000 droprate. Actually 2 in 2000 with a coin. It's available in the BMAH too. These sites don't pass the smell test.
    Uhmm, pretty sure its correct.

There are millions of people having a shot at the Big Love Rocket every year. It's also still obtainable. The mount is 1% +
    But its just RNG, nothing prestigious about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    azure serpent
    and ji-kun
    i gues

7+ Year Old Account
    Sha of anger mount by far..... Killed that cunt on several alts since mop every week - no luck so far. Haven't seen anyone else getting it either.....

Quote Originally Posted by Loqmani View Post
    The mount is 1% + But its just RNG, nothing prestigious about it.
    No. The love rocket mount is a 1 in 3333 chance, that's 0.03% per kill. Galleon (coined) is a 2 in 2000 chance; 0.1%. It's 3 times more likely to drop per kill. Both are incredibly rare, of course, but rounding up to 1% is waaaaaay off.

Doing the math with a binomial distribution, the cumulative odds of getting the love rocket mount:

1000 kills = 25.9%
    2500 kills = 52.8%

And the Galleon mount:

300 kills = 25.9%
    750 kills = 52.8%

So you see to have an even chance of getting the love rocket, you'd need 3x as many kills.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-08-10 at 04:03 PM.

good thing the galleon mount looks like shit and I will never bother to farm it lol.

Nice thread guys. It's actually pretty easy to say which one is the most rare. Just go check out wowrarity or wowgraphs. Results on both sites are pretty similar.

Obviously the most rare flying mounts are gladiators mounts. No surprises here. The Most rare being Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent. Other flying gladiator mounts are on the next 19 positions. Next in the line are: Black Proto-Drake, Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, X-51 Nether-Rocket(blue one tcg rocket), Solar Spirehawk.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-08-15 at 06:08 PM.

I'm just happy with my Fel Drake at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Love rocket due to the seasonal limitations.

HFC end mount (I guess this will improve over time)

Mimiron's Head (Bought mine in AH and still havent seen more than a couple in the servers)

I really wanted Mimirons Head so farmed it was lucky enough to get it after 3 weeks farming on 8 chars xD i thought yay then i heared the stupid whip noise never used again shame too ad the mount is awesome atmo my fav go 2 mounts are Long Forgotten and the Enh class mount

Mimiron's Head is a 1% drop and can be farmed weekly. It isn't particularly rare. I have it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No. The love rocket mount is a 1 in 3333 chance, that's 0.03% per kill. Galleon (coined) is a 2 in 2000 chance; 0.1%. It's 3 times more likely to drop per kill. Both are incredibly rare, of course, but rounding up to 1% is waaaaaay off.

Doing the math with a binomial distribution, the cumulative odds of getting the love rocket mount:

1000 kills = 25.9%
    2500 kills = 52.8%

And the Galleon mount:

300 kills = 25.9%
    750 kills = 52.8%

So you see to have an even chance of getting the love rocket, you'd need 3x as many kills.
    You do know that's not how it works, right? If a mount is 1%, no matter how many times you kill it, be it one time, or 5000 times, it's still going to be a 1% drop rate. If I am misunderstanding what you're trying to get at, please do elaborate some more.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    thousands ppl have gladiator drake every season. So you see many of them every season. 0.5% (for glad) is much more than 0.03%
    "Love rocket" have too low percent for real farm. You can buy glad mount for some bucks but u cant buy love rocket. Even if farm it with 50 chars every day. Also it looks rly cool :3. Glads drake usually pretty same between seasons of one expansion. Recolored versions of standart mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    thousands ppl have gladiator drake every season. So you see many of them every season. 0.5% (for glad) is much more than 0.03%
    "Love rocket" have too low percent for real farm. You can buy glad mount for some bucks but u cant buy love rocket. Even if farm it with 50 chars every day. Also it looks rly cool :3. Glads drake usually pretty same between seasons of one expansion. Recolored versions of standart mounts.
    The TBC gladiator mounts have unique appearances not obtainable in any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The TBC gladiator mounts have unique appearances not obtainable in any other way.
    yes. but not so much diff. Also too many ppl have it from 2v2. This is most popular arena drake. Saw ppl on them almost every day. Because they havent any other glad drakes

yes. but not so much diff. Also too many ppl have it from 2v2. This is most popular arena drake. Saw ppl on them almost every day. Because they havent any other glad drakes
    Nop, not at all. In 2011, Blizzard published official numbers of the rare mounts, Swift Nether Drake for example (S1) was at 0,000252%, one of the rarest. I recently found my first account after years, having this drake on my priest, and made some searchs on this mount.

You can see it on some websites too, like World of Wargraphs. All TBC mounts are in the most rare, even more than Qiraji Battle Tank.

Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent

There you go:

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts

Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troma View Post
    Nop, not at all. In 2011, Blizzard published official numbers of the rare mounts, Swift Nether Drake for example (S1) was at 0,000252%, one of the rarest. I recently found my first account after years and made some searchs on this mount.

You can see it on some websites too, like World of Wargraphs. All TBC mounts are in the most rare.
    that cos tons of ppl in chaina starts play lately. But at any big realm you can meet many persons with this mount. At TM I saw 3 of them at same time. So cant say "omg its so rare".

It's just that your realm have a lot of Gladiators Veteran. I have some on mine too (Archimonde-EU), and i could say it's not "that" rare too. It's just that you see a concentration of them, but worldwide we are few.

You cannot say it's wrong, because it's pure stats ^^ even official stats. It's even logic: it was awarded to top 0,5% players in the very first addon, when arena participation was very high. And 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Troma; 2017-08-22 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent

There you go:

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts

Enjoy
    "Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade"
    very rare mount and so hard to obain

"Prestigious Forest Courser "0.1% - have this crap
    and soon thouthands will get it too
    Last edited by Visor; 2017-08-22 at 12:29 PM.

"Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade"
    very rare mount and so hard to obain

"Prestigious Forest Courser "0.1% - have this crap
    and soon thouthands will get it too
    You should really ignore the class specific mounts