Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    How is that irony? Making Bombs does seem far more of a stereotypical "terrorist" activity over driving cars.
    Sorry I forget you don't get much international news in the states.

Terrorists have been using cars and trucks a lot, recently...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I mean, maybe. But they shouldn't have to be in order to prevent war memorials from being vandalized. It would seem far more reasonable to expect people to behave like adults and not randomly destroy stuff in the first place.
    Or don't put up memorials to people that died fighting for slavery when a decent %age of your citizens ancestors were slaves.

I mean it would be like criticising German Jews who vandalised a statue to himmler.

I'm sure somehow it will be blamed on trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    What if the bomb would have exploded in the night where everybody is sleeping, so it's only you and the statue? And when 'm looking at the pictures it really looks like there was nobody, even on daytime it looks pretty empty there.
    since you're playing "what ifs", what if a homeless person was going to be sleeping near the statue that night? but homeless people don't count right?

10+ Year Old Account
    So will all the lefties crying about Charlottesville Car guy also ask for this guy to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist?
    Yes. Breaking the law, is breaking the law. Social concerns cannot overrule that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Sorry I forget you don't get much international news in the states.

Terrorists have been using cars and trucks a lot, recently...

- - - Updated - - -

Or don't put up memorials to people that died fighting for slavery when a decent %age of your citizens ancestors were slaves.

I mean it would be like criticising German Jews who vandalised a statue to himmler.
    usually when terrorists use cars, they are in combination with bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'd say letting off a BOMB in public is in the same realm as driving a car into people yes, it's creating terror, both of those people are domestic terrorists
    one is not as bad as the other though.

Deleted
    At the end of the day, that would still be vandalism. And if they tried to blow it up with a bomb, it would still be a crime and they should be punished for it. Laws do not only apply when it's convenient to anyone; they are there for a reason - and so are procedures you can follow in order to get "problematic" things removed.

Deleted
    So will all the lefties crying about Charlottesville Car guy also ask for this guy to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist?
    What's worrying is I imagine you laughing whilst typing thinking this was clever and witty... Nobody serious supports using explosives to cause serious damage and possible injury

Blowing something up with the aim of political change would fall under the umbrella of domestic terrorism, yes.

But terrorism also generally includes - if not requires - violence against other people in order to create terror and intimidation toward those goals. If he'd planned to blow up the statue during some kind of local gathering commemorating the statue with the intention of harming people in the process, then it would be far more clear-cut.

But building a bomb is not itself an act of terror, nor is destroying an inanimate object. The first is simply unlawful, and the second is vandalism. The combination of the two is willful destruction of public property, combined with reckless endangerment of the public at large (since someone could have been hurt as a result regardless of the intention). Which still isn't terrorism.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-08-22 at 02:20 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

I DUNNO....

Considering the FBI arrested this guy in 2013 for "improperly storing bombs" and he only got 5 years probation that was cut short because he was "not a threat to society". Maybe this time they won't be so easy on the sentencing.

Vs a Nazi who wants to eliminate all non-whites and kills someone using ISIS tactics. Tough Call.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Peace Monument

Bust of Abraham Lincoln

Christopher Columbus statue

New England Holocaust Memorial

Frank Rizzo statue

Christopher Columbus statue

From that article alone, which is just a start. An example. Why do you have to lie when it is so easy to disprove? Nor did you react/mention the statues that are being pulled, at rather significant expense, before they can be vandalized. All of which weren't 'glorifying' the Confederacy/Slavery or any such thing. Stop adding to the stupidity.
    Well I'm assuming 5 or so out of 1000s is hardly a big deal.

Columbus and certain others might have been defaced by native Americans?

Are you against pro slavery icons being damaged?

Yes, lets continue to focus on a loud vocal minority which doesn't reflect the US on either side. It's not about driving ad revenue or anything by getting Americans worked over a minor sect of society ( on both sides) by using fear mongering to drive the effect they want. Oh you're scared of a few thousand people who represent the smallest part of america?

Don't agree with one side? Fuck the constitution kill people who don't agree with you.

For you foreigners, don't get fucking bated by our capitalist ran media who's only goal is to drive ad revenue. The Alt left, alt right etc... represent a very small part of america. America is one of the greatest countries on earth. With some of the nicest people. If you believe everything the fucking media says you would think we all just run around with guns shooting at each other just trying to see who can kill which race first.

Fuck the media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    At the end of the day, that would still be vandalism. And if they tried to blow it up with a bomb, it would still be a crime and they should be punished for it. Laws do not only apply when it's convenient to anyone; they are there for a reason - and so are procedures you can follow in order to get "problematic" things removed.
    Lol you really care about vandalism so much you are more interested in prosecuting vandals than tearing down monuments to people that literally died fighting to protect slavery?

I'm glad to see you have things in perspective.

Deleted
    Lol you really care about vandalism so much you are more interested in prosecuting vandals than tearing down monuments to people that literally died fighting to protect slavery?

I'm glad to see you have things in perspective.
    why should they be tearing down them?

really at a lose for words other than "this fucking idiot". might as well be charged with terrorism because I find it hard to see this as anything BUT a terror plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the method. Bombs are no joke and could get bystanders hurt. Dude should have found a safer method.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    really at a lose for words other than "this fucking idiot". might as well be charged with terrorism because I find it hard to see this as anything BUT a terror plot.
    At least you think so too. Thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    What is it with fanatics and statues? =P

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to live in a peaceful society you should obey the laws in that nation. But I guess as long as its the right side that breaks the law, its ok by you :P
    You want a peaceful world of blemish free memorials to those brave souls sacrificed to preserve slavery.

I'd rather not myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty straight up with labeling the first guy one. As should the second guy. Just I've seen a lot of idiots defending these morons tearing down statues, wouldn't surprise me if they were hypocritical enough to say that a guy planning to bomb something on homesoil wasn't a domestic terrorist.
    Let's see, in the first instance people were ran over. In the second an inanimate object gets blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    At least you think so too. Thx
    [insert spongebob meme here]

At LEast YoU ThiNk So TOO!

what? like it's difficult to feel that way?