Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK artifact challenge

Greetings,

I need some serious tips on the artifact challenge i've been trying for a very long time now but i just can't seem to get the grasp of it!

I have a concentration problem and i find it extremely difficult to keep track of so many things that happen at once
    i know i have to keep practicing but does anyone have any good tips that might help me?

911 ilvl

Skullflower Hemo & Lana'thel's Lament are the only legendaries i have atm

As you already said, concentration is very important.
    You have a higher ilvl than me, when I did this (904), try to kill the first boss with 1 infernal.
    You have to try around with the stacks from the first boss, tank the adds near him, so that you reach him with your aoe.
    1 blood boil for an eye.
    Pre pot and pot + hero when Kruul attacks.
    Just a trial and error challenge, where one mistake can kill you

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    Greetings,

I need some serious tips on the artifact challenge i've been trying for a very long time now but i just can't seem to get the grasp of it!

I have a concentration problem and i find it extremely difficult to keep track of so many things that happen at once
    i know i have to keep practicing but does anyone have any good tips that might help me?

911 ilvl

Speed boost is your best friend here so bear tartare is food to go. Goblin glider you want to stock up on since they can save you if you get knocked off. Followed this video but adjusted few things to assist me better https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmZy-1_e28.

Its a cluster fuck of a fight give you that since horrors love to kamikaze on velen. I let kor'vas take the first annihilat only thing i find that she is useful for.

For 1st phase:

1) Remember to take Souldrinker. Its a huge dmg source when you aren't near the boss, and you often aren't.
    2) Eyes shouldn't be a problem, there is only one at a time. When eye spawns, run to it and use Blood Boil - you can finish it with other spell or just let the disease do the job. When you see the green beam just stand face towards it and nothing will happen to you. Make sure your stacks reset every time you run to kill and eye, and don't return to boss until the stacks drop.
    3) The purple adds actually don't do anything, unless you stand close to them when they channel cast. If you are in bad position to take aggro on them just throw D&D on Velen, they will run to him and then aggro on you automatically. Once you get aggro on them they will just die to your AoE and dots, just remember to move when they cast.
    4) Infernals might be irritating - you don't want too many to be active at once, but 1-2 can be safely ignored. Just remember to keep running in circles around them so that they don't hit you with knock-off.
    5) You want to have interrupt for every Drain Life, but remember that Asphyxiate and Death Grip will do just fine. Other than that, interrupt as many casts as you can to reduce the dmg (boss casts are the main source of dmg on you 1st phase). When you have many stacks and you can't interrupt next cast, use AMS.
    6) Don't be afraid to use light orbs. They heal you to max hp and interrupt boss and all adds - save them until you have no more cds.

For 2nd phase:

1) This is dps check. Dancing Rune Weapon provides huge amount of dmg, make sure you have it available for this phase. You can also use pot. The guy in the guide even popped heroism.
    2) The violet beams look scary but they are actually harmless. The main positioning concern are infernals, which will still try to knock you off. Don't waste time killing them, just kite - they are slow as fuck.
    3) Aggro everything with your AoE, the Demon Hunter guy dies randomly and easily.
    4) Save other cds for later stages of this phase to survive the annihilates from the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

The DH guy doesn't die randomly. The only way he dies is, Ehen you let the boss stay near channeling adds - they kill the dh with the pulse dmg.
    And as Almighty said, use Bear Tartare.
    The Ghosts Aggro you instead of Velen, if you use Death Strike the moment they start moving.
    Use cd's for every Anni after the 2nd.

Keep moving constantly. It makes p1 infernals almost meaningless since you'll never get hit by them and in p2 it keeps the green puddle damage to a minimum. Other than that just try to maximize dps during DRW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    Greetings,

911 ilvl

You don't have to use 1000 weakauras and learn to avoid 1000000 things at once to beat the challenge - thats what you see in most youtube challenge videos.

I just made it simpler for myself and just facerolled the challange by doing this:

- kill all eyes, one less way to fail by kicked down from the platform, "Terrorbound Nexus"@Arcway is great for the eyes and generall for passive cleave
    - use "Tremble Before Me" and DnD on CD to interrupt casts, I used only DnD and Stun for the DamageCast and used my Interrupt only for the Heals

for the last phase
    - just focus on kicking the heals and getting aggro from all mobs, I used no heal orbs and just used CDs when I dropped low, no fancy deffensive CD rotation like you see in most video guides, holding aggro and kicking the heals was all it took

The trick with all 3 DK challenges is to not overcomplicate it. I did the Frost challenge by ignoring the shadow phase (DemonHunter style) and Unholy challenge by just killing all adds without any priority and by ignoring the boss alltogether.
    -

Just killed it, 95% of my deaths were because of the knockback. 5% were because I couldn't see the p2's boss cast. Managed to kill him after like 10 tries in p2. Can't remember the number of tries I did in p1 though...

Edit : Also tehr's weak aura helped for interrupts. Don't hesitate to download it : https://wago.io/KruulHelper
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-08-20 at 12:31 AM.

From my post on the WoW Forums;

You can somewhat counter the knockbacks until Kruul. Death grip, then Mass Grip Variss into the corner to the right of ur spawn point. See youtube link below;

https://youtu.be/4KC0qQvIN7U?t=32

If u grip him right into that corner, the little concrete ledges act as walls. On my kill I had him there and therefore I could ignore all the eyes & infernals (except if they are knocking back towards spawn). IIRC the eyes de-spawn after 2 casts of their beam.

Also for extra DPS make sure you use the WoD heirloom trinket that proc's strength and 10% extra dps when demons are killed. That is the most powerful trinket to use in the scenario!

GL!!

Do you have the STR demon-killing heirloom trinket?

i have the heirloom trinket yea,but i did not know it was usable there

I'm not sure if Death Strike healing aggros the little adds, but Blood Feast (the artifact trait that heals for 25% of heart strike damage) definitely does. If you have even a sliver of health left remaining, one Heart Strike is enough to bring them to you.

We could provide more information if you could tell us where you're getting stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    Do you have the STR demon-killing heirloom trinket?
    This. The garrosh heirloom for dps strength classes had like a 58% uptime when I killed it.

I gave up on this. I'm far past the point where gear is an issue; it's always either Velen dying or getting knocked off the platform (usually when trying to prevent Velen from dying). The one time I got to P2 in a really clean fashion, I was immediately chain-knockbacked off the platform somehow without any eyes present? Apparently by the infernals. I just can't make myself to give a fuck anymore.

It's hard like riding a unicycle blindfolded with your hands tied while reciting the national anthem backwards would be hard. Hard, but completely retarded.
    Last edited by Barael; 2017-08-22 at 09:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used Hunger of the Pack and bear tartare. The movement is a must. I would say wear the boots, but you really want the damage from shoulders/bracers, shoulders/ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    I gave up on this. I'm far past the point where gear is an issue; it's always either Velen dying or getting knocked off the platform (usually when trying to prevent Velen from dying). The one time I got to P2 in a really clean fashion, I was immediately chain-knockbacked off the platform somehow without any eyes present? Apparently by the infernals. I just can't make myself to give a fuck anymore.

It's hard like riding a unicycle blindfolded with your hands tied while reciting the national anthem backwards would be hard. Hard, but completely retarded.
    Indeed, it was retarded. What I did was some help of weak auras to better keep track of aura of decay + life channeling from the boss and constantly moving in circle around the boss. Those were the most importants parts. 90%+ of my deaths were because of this. P2 was a cakewalk because I knew I could DPS without any problems.
    If you're struggling in p2, just use BL + potion of prolonged power. I gave up the food + runes because they were negligible. I guess you could use the food for movement speed. Could be a great bonus to quickly kill the eyes.
    For velen, always use Death Strike on boss when they spawn. They'll come at you. Basically if you have no gear issue, just spam Death Strike.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-08-22 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post

I'm glad I'm done with it, but it was, as you say, completely stupid.

It also made me hate Velen as a character. I'm so glad I killed his son.

You see what happens Larry^W Velen? This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass^W^W^W^W^W^W stand in the fire!

It's quite easy, if you don't fuck up the eye's p1 / selfheal/adds p2.
    If Velen dies in p1, you are simply fucking up the adds. And they can be easily aggro'ed with DS or HS. You say, that gear isn't a problem: how is it possible, that you are chain-kicked by infernals? With 904 you can get just one, which is absolutely no problem. All you need is concentration and knowledge of your spec and fight

Edit: used Prydaz and Bracers. Ilvl 904, the try with one Infernal was the one that gave me the skin
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-08-22 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gonna try the heirloom trinket today. I gave up too cause I suck at tanking

Say for me that 50% of my wipes were due to the nether horrors completely disregarding their aggro and going to velen and him dying less than 2s even though one of the horrors was getting hit by blood boil, death strike and death and decay. Old priest and can barely so shit just like kor'vas.