Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sony Is Teasing "Something New" For PlayStation

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/so...source=twitter

Sony is teasing "something new" for PlayStation. Today, the company's European PlayStation account Tweeted, "We're getting geared up for the reveal of something new," accompanied by a gif of something under wraps. Take a look at the video--which was also distributed via Facebook--below.

PlayStation's North American social channels have not referenced the tease, suggesting the pending announcement may only apply to Europe. Other than that, clues as to what Sony has up its sleeve are few and far between.
    The Tweet comes the day before Europe's biggest gaming convention, Gamescom, kicks off. However, the company has forgone a press conference in favor of a media briefing at Paris Games Week in October. It may also save some announcements for its own celebration, PlayStation Experience, which is being held in December.
    I would kill for a Psp/Vita 2 or PSNow getting baked into PS+. Wonder what the new thing will be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    PS5

/10char
    Don't see the PS5 getting announced until at lease next year. Even more so since they just released the PS4 Pro, That would be a really good way to piss off your fanbase.

Don't see them releasing another costly piece of hardware for awhile since they just release Pro and VR.

Could be wrong tho.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-22 at 04:58 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Probably just a console bundle with the new Gran Turismo

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it another re-release of Skyrim exclusive to the PS4?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would kill for a Psp/Vita 2 or PSNow getting baked into PS+. Wonder what the new thing will be.
    Better yet if they just drop PSNow all together and start going full backwards compatibility like Xbox has been doing. Imagine if they would go all the way back to the original PlayStation catalog for backwards compatibility, I would buy a ton of games from the original PlayStation and PS2 generation. I guess bundling PSNow with PS+ could lead to the same result though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Better yet if they just drop PSNow all together and start going full backwards compatibility like Xbox has been doing. Imagine if they would go all the way back to the original PlayStation catalog for backwards compatibility, I would buy a ton of games from the original PlayStation and PS2 generation. I guess bundling PSNow with PS+ could lead to the same result though.
    Would be cool don't see it happening. PSNow is making them money, It would be cool if we could just outright buy games from it. It was rumored that Update 5.0 had something to do with PSNow since opting into the beta talked about it. But no details since that came out.

I don't see base PS4's emulating Ps3 well at all, Its still in early stages on PC. They would have to copy the way MS does it and rebuild each game to the system.

Not saying its impossible, I just don't find it likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyruin View Post
    Probably just a console bundle with the new Gran Turismo

hot damn lol

PS4 Pro X?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    hot damn lol
    That isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    PS4 Pro X?

If its another console my rage will be something special...

(Unless its a mobile console, That would be great)

That isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

If its another console my rage will be something special...

(Unless its a mobile console, That would be great)
    Honestly if it's a better version of the PS4 I'll probably get it this time.

If it's a portable then meh I'm happy enough with my 2DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly if it's a better version of the PS4 I'll probably get it this time.

If it's a portable then meh I'm happy enough with my 2DS.
    The Pro is a better version of the PS4. I don't see Sony releasing another console anytime soon or a costly piece of hardware since they just came out with both the Pro ($400) and PSVR ($400).

Could be PSNow related since it was said in the 5.0 update they recommend you have PSNow but nothing has came of that since.

But it is just a guessing game right now so it could be anything. If its a PS4ProX or PS5 ill be highly annoyed.

A mobile system that is as strong as the Switch or stronger from Playstation would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony should give up on the handhelds. They could never compete with Nintendo.

Plus phones/tabs are already killing thaat market.

Sony should give up on the handhelds. They could never compete with Nintendo.

Plus phones/tabs are already killing thaat market.
    If Phones/Tablets was killing that market The Switch wouldn't be selling well.

Gaming on a dedicated handheld and gaming on a phone is two different experiences. Also the PSP sold great but was hurt due to how easy it was to pirate on it. The Vita was hurt due to poor support and stupid choices like the memory card.

If Sony just released a simple system with good marketing/support it would do fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Phones/Tablets was killing that market The Switch wouldn't be selling well.

Gaming on a dedicated handheld and gaming on a phone is two different experiences. Also the PSP sold great but was hurt due to how easy it was to pirate on it. The Vita was hurt due to poor support and stupid choices like the memory card.

If Sony just released a simple system with good marketing/support it would do fine.
    The Switch is also a home console with bigger games. Unless Sony expects to be putting big budget titles on it, its gonna lose out. Hell Nintendo basically just put watered down ports and shovelware onto the 3DS recently. Plus in Japan, phones are dominating just like in the West. thats why they made the Switch, to make it unique from the mobile market and to compete on the console market.

The Switch is also a home console with bigger games. Unless Sony expects to be putting big budget titles on it, its gonna lose out. Hell Nintendo basically just put watered down ports and shovelware onto the 3DS recently. Plus in Japan, phones are dominating just like in the West. thats why they made the Switch, to make it unique from the mobile market and to compete on the console market.
    That's why I said it would have to be as strong if not stronger then The Switch. It already came out that based on a patent Sony had the same idea as Nintendo did with The Switch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...esque-handheld

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said it would have to be as strong if not stronger then The Switch. It already came out that based on a patent Sony had the same idea as Nintendo did with The Switch.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...esque-handheld
    And best of luck to them selling it. Also without BOTW the Switch would be shit right now. Arms? Maybe Splatoon? Wii U ports? Hell one of the issues with the PSP was that it was just a watered down play station and it showed.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it is just the gt skin then yawn. @Me when medievil 3

And best of luck to them selling it. Also without BOTW the Switch would be shit right now. Arms? Maybe Splatoon? Wii U ports? Hell one of the issues with the PSP was that it was just a watered down play station and it showed.
    That was never a issue with the PSP. The PSP sold like gangbusters, selling over 80 million units (more then the 3DS). It was seen as a portable playstation and even got main 3rd and first party support. Like I said it bombed because software sells tanked due to it being easy to pirate on.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If it is just the gt skin then yawn. @Me when medievil 3
    Ya I hope not, That's lame as hell if so.