Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Got to love people "justifying" and defending, along with their "IFs", playing down the card as though it's a lesser crime being committed or is of an isolated incident and such.
    Not defending anyone....just saying thee is a difference between blowing up a statue and killing a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    only Trump can save you now
    thanks, I needed my hearty laugh of the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    The proper route has been tried in many places.
    Then they should wait and try again later, once the administration has changed etc. "Do as we want or we'll do it ourselves by force" is not a proper way of behaving either - especially since, like I said, a monument doesn't pose an immediate threat to anyone.
    Sure, they can do it. But then they shouldn't complain about facing backlash and consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not defending anyone....just saying thee is a difference between blowing up a statue and killing a human being.
    There certainly is; at least as long as no one gets injured in the process.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-22 at 05:15 PM.

if the alt right "feel" like they are being listened to and their concerns are taken into account there is a 0% chance they will ever become violent as a group
    man you really straddle that line between being too obnoxious to take seriously or actually being so nieve to think this garbage. you're a hoot either way. and I'm not even going to ask what it is the alt-right wants because I seriously doubt you know what it is.

stupid man does stupid thing.

wow! such amaze!

maybe if these morons argue long enough they will all be able to make everyone else be just like them and agree with them... wait... that math doesn't check out... fuck it, argue anyways! a nation of uneducated monkeys all sure their opinions are somehow facts because of how hard they believe in them, it's fun and sad to watch at the same time.

yeah making a bomb then bringing it into a public area 100% safe no risk to anyone at all
    I'm not saying the man shouldn't go to prison. I'm stating there's a large difference between planning to blow up a statue and accelerating a car into a group of people. This man was apparently planning on blowing up the statue late at night...where there wouldn't be people around.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ue-in-houston/

Authorities said Andrew Schneck, 25, was found by a Houston Park Ranger late Saturday night with materials capable of creating “a viable explosive device.” An attorney for Schneck said the same man had also been convicted in an earlier explosives case.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    No it's not. Might as well jail all demolitionist for domestic terrorism by that logic.
    That's a pretty big false equivalency for a terrorist sympathiser.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's worrying is I imagine you laughing whilst typing thinking this was clever and witty... Nobody serious supports using explosives to cause serious damage and possible injury
    ironically other posts in this thread suggest otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that idiots are actually arguing that BOMBING things in your Country for Political reasons doesn't make you a Terrorist.

You guys are losing the plot.

Also protip: I'm not a conservative.
    Maybe conspiracy to commit terrorism, since they never actually bombed anything?

I dunno. Frankly I don't care, no one should be bombing anything or driving their cars into crowds. Fuck the lot of them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

well there are people who call themselves alt right because the MSM keep using it to insult them by calling them racist and alt right so many times they start calling themselves alt right without ever becoming part of a alt right group

then there is the alt right who are kinda retarded but are against violence and are no real threat to anyone they have no real power unless groups on the left start becoming extremists
    haha! oh that's rich. Trump can't do anything beyond saying what they're doing is fine so they have a reason to keep doing it yet that's somehow going to lower tensions... dat logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    certainly if they meet that critera.
    (oh you mean the supposed "Nazis" organized by the former occupy organizer for Obama in charlotsville?

By the way, cite all of these "terror attacks you speak of. besides mentally ill Dylan Roof I can't think of one.

We can start in on a certain religion too...
    A prior man running for congress was organizing a militia to exterminate a muslim town in New York...

There was just the triple stabbing, there are the tons of Indians being attacked people they see any brown asian person and assume evil muslim!

There was also recently like 2 bombings and one in planning.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Maybe conspiracy to commit terrorism, since they never actually bombed anything?

I dunno. Frankly I don't care, no one should be bombing anything or driving their cars into crowds. Fuck the lot of them.
    Exactly. Though both sides keep making excuses up for both instances. instead of just realising that extremists exists on both sides and are both fucked.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know historically most countries that survived a civil war did their best to make a clean cut from that time and to embrace unity. The US did the opposite. They have been paying for that in body count from the very day the war ended.
    Well said. We had a very civil end to our Civil War and it continues to cost us dearly. I mean, statues of people who fought for slavery and succession, put up decades after the war ended? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'd say letting off a BOMB in public is in the same realm as driving a car into people yes, it's creating terror, both of those people are domestic terrorists
    You heard it here first folks... anyone who shoots off fireworks on the fourth of july is a terrorist.

But seriously, NO it is not the same. Driving a car through a crowd is intent to injure people. Trying to blow up a statue is intending to blow up an inanimate object. Both are terrorism, but that doesnt mean that they are the same. A human was murdered and you think blowing up a statue is similar? Yes people could have died. But the aim wasnt people. The guy bombing was rightfully arrested and should be charged with attempted terrorism, but the guy that drove his car through a crowd should be charged with domestic terrorism and murder.

Jesus, how do people think that murder is equal to destruction of property.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    You heard it here first folks... anyone who shoots off fireworks on the fourth of july is a terrorist.

But seriously, NO it is not the same. Driving a car through a crowd is intent to injure people. Trying to blow up a statue is intending to blow up an inanimate object. Both are terrorism, but that doesnt mean that they are the same. A human was murdered and you think blowing up a statue is similar? Yes people could have died. But the aim wasnt people. The guy bombing was rightfully arrested and should be charged with attempted terrorism, but the guy that drove his car through a crowd should be charged with domestic terrorism and murder.

Jesus, how do people think that murder is equal to destruction of property.
    do you have any idea how many people could be injured if a statue is blown up?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty big false equivalency for a terrorist sympathiser.

- - - Updated - - -

ironically other posts in this thread suggest otherwise.
    No not really. Your logic is shit in claiming letting a bomb go off in public is creating terror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, in the first instance people were ran over. In the second an inanimate object gets blown up.
    So you condone vandalism and bomb making for the intent of domestic terrorism.

Good to know

No not really. Your logic is shit in claiming letting a bomb go off in public is creating terror.
    excuse me, but what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    do you have any idea how many people could be injured if a statue is blown up?
    Yes... you do realize that number could have been zero right? You do realize how many people could have been injured when that car drove through the crowd. Did you even read my statement at all? I never defended that guy bombing the statue, i just said equating a potential bombing to a murder is not really right. We dont punish people on what could have happened, we punish them for what happened.
    Conspiracy to commit terrorism isnt a joke, and its no slap on the wrists. But would rather some random guy blows up a statue in your town or have them drive through a crowd of people. We dont know when this bombing would have taken place, we dont know if anyone would even have been around for it, but we do know that some lunatic planned on bombing it. We also know that another lunatic actually killed someone by driving through a crowd of people he didnt agree with. At the end of the day you have murder on one side and conspiracy to commit an act of vandalism on the other side. These are not the same things. Stop acting like a statue and potential loss of life is the same cost as a human life and numerous other injuries.

Exactly. Though both sides keep making excuses up for both instances. instead of just realising that extremists exists on both sides and are both fucked.
    You know this wasn't happening before the right extremists put a person in the WH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    So you condone vandalism and bomb making for the intent of domestic terrorism.

Good to know
    I condone getting rid of Confederate monuments. The method doesn't matter as long as people don't get hurt.