Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Plausible, sure. I'd love to see it. I have so many of those digital classics downloaded on my PS3, I could get them on PS4 and free up a ton of room on my PS3. (Smaller hdd on ps3.)
    Ya I don't see those coming to PS4 sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ah yes, the crappy ones no one really liked. Also, no, pirates didn't kill the system.
    There you go trying to pass off your opinion as a universal fact again. At this point I think your doing it just to try to argue with me.

You can be ignorant to how the PSP died all you wish, That is your choice.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/...m-for-the-psp/
    according to senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America Peter Dille, that last problem is largely due to the fact that developers were ready to abandon the PSP due to software piracy.
    I think ill take developers word, Sony's Word over your opinion.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-22 at 05:41 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Whaaaaat???? an executive at Sony put the blame on someone else???????

Whaaaaat???? an executive at Sony put the blame on someone else???????
    So no defense at this point and just baiting, Ya I'm done with you. You didn't even read the link....

Nice counter argument just going (Your wrong I'm right) while ignoring proof.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So no defense at this point and just baiting, Ya I'm done with you. You didn't even read the link....

Nice counter argument just going (Your wrong I'm right) while ignoring proof.
    Why would I? Why would a company ever openly blame themselves unless its pretty damn obvious. That ain't a good look for the people who really matter to them, the stock holders.

Why would I? Why would a company ever openly blame themselves unless its pretty damn obvious. That ain't a good look for the people who really matter to them, the stock holders.
    85 million unit's sold and you seem to think software sells lacked because the games was bad....FUCKEN LUL.

Once again EVEN DEVELOPERS WAS SAYING IT. It wasn't just Sony, read the dam link.

Spend 5 mins on google and look up the facts because your opinion isn't one.

10+ Year Old Account
    85 million unit's sold and you seem to think software sells lacked because the games was bad....FUCKEN LUL.

Once again EVEN DEVELOPERS WAS SAYING IT. It wasn't just Sony, read the dam link.

Explains why they are not making another one. I don't see constant youtube videos of the most well beloved PSP games. I don't see threads about your favorite PSP games, and I bet you that even if Sony made a full proof pirate free system, it would still sell like shit because the market evolved away from dedicated handhelds.

A sony guy says what others said to him. In my world thats just hearsay.

- - - Updated - - -

Devs: "its not the quality of our games, they were 10/10 amazing, its the pirates, totally them"
    Sony: "This dev totally told me this"

60 million was sold on june so are you saying after that they allready sold 25 million

http://nordic.ign.com/tech-1/3345/ne...lion-worldwide

Explains why they are not making another one. I don't see constant youtube videos of the most well beloved PSP games. I don't see threads about your favorite PSP games, and I bet you that even if Sony made a full proof pirate free system, it would still sell like shit because the market evolved away from dedicated handhelds.

A sony guy says what others said to him. In my world thats just hearsay.
    Because the Vita was the PSP2 and it sold like shit due to many stupid ass choices made and lack of support. If the market evolved away from dedicated handhelds the DS/3DS would have died and so would The Switch.

Gaming on a dedicated handheld and a phone is two different things.

Once again fact's learn them and until you do I'm done with this. Its clear I'm talking to a wall at this point who can't even use google.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    60 million was sold on june so are you saying after that they allready sold 25 million

http://nordic.ign.com/tech-1/3345/ne...lion-worldwide
    .....PSP not Ps4....

/facepalm...

Because the Vita was the PSP2 and it sold like shit due to many stupid ass choices made and lack of support. If the market evolved away from dedicated handhelds the DS/3DS would have died and so would The Switch.

Once again fact's learn them and until you do I'm done with this. Its clear I'm talking to a wall at this point who can't even use google.

- - - Updated - - -

.....PSP not Ps4....

/facepalm...
    who the hell talking about dead system anymore when thread is Sony Is Teasing "Something New" For PlayStation

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Vita was the PSP2 and it sold like due to many stupid ass choices made and lack of support. If the market evolved away from dedicated handhelds the 3DS would have died and so would The Switch.

The Switch is different enough and thats the attempt. Triple A on the go. Time will tell if it works.
    the gameboy/DS line are likely gonna die out.

Not anymore they are not. I can play sonic on my phone, I can play Mario on my phone, I can play final fantasy on my phone and it will look just as good if not better. I can play GTA on my phone, i can play lots of games on my phone. What exactly will a dedicated handheld give me that a phone cant? I can go on social media on my phone, i can call my grandma on my phone, i can email my boss on my phone while playing sonic.

Stop passing off BS as facts. Its a fact an executive at Sony blamed someone else for their fails.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the crappy ones no one really liked. Also, no, pirates didn't kill the system.
    Chains of Olympus and ghost of sparta were rad, pfffftttt

by piracy logic,
    NDS should have died pretty fast because of flashcards. Wii should have died quicker. PS3 should have died. 3DS should be dying because of homebrews. all non-multiplayer(which don't require internet like elder scrolls, fallout, witcher, etc) games on pc should be dead. movies should be dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Chains of Olympus and ghost of sparta were rad, pfffftttt
    Everyone remembers those AC, GTA, and metal gear games so fondly. Its almost like I hear about that everyday.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone remembers those AC, GTA, and metal gear games so fondly. Its almost like I hear about that everyday.....
    I can list 20 billion games that nobody talks about anymore that were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can list 20 billion games that nobody talks about anymore that were good.
    No one talks about those because they are not exactly on that good spectrum.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one talks about those because they are not exactly on that good spectrum.
    Yes. Lesser known titles in a franchise are less talked about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Lesser known titles in a franchise are less talked about.
    and sometimes those lesser known titles are lesser known for a reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    and sometimes those lesser known titles are lesser known for a reason.
    Because they're on a handheld and usually non canon or non mainline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're on a handheld and usually non canon or non mainline.
    the thing is.... these games were and technically mainline

15+ Year Old Account
    the thing is.... these games were and technically mainline
    They weren't a number titled and they were on a handheld. Nobody considers portaable ops a numbered title. They are all some barely canon prequel or sequel on a system that didn't sell as much as the system the previous titles were on.