Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Legion main issue with legendary is a combination of 2 factor/issue

Type of Legendary + RNG

Type of Legendary it is pretty self explanatory, you can get a UTILITY LEG like PRYDAZ or you can get a DPS/CORE/BUILD CHANGER like MANTLE OF COMMAND [BM Hunter]

RNG this exist since Vanilla and nobody really cared until now, why?

Well because if you CAN AIM LEGENDARIES thorugh Quest like dunno Benediction/Rhok'delar (they are epic but you know what I mean) or the 7.3 Ring (Killing Last Boss of Antorius) you don't really CARE about the powerlevel of the legendary, you will for sure AIM the stronger and then proceed to get the other one.

And this is FINE and LEGIT, you decide to get first the DPS/CORE Leggo and then the UTILITY, your choice.

Problems start to appears when you decide to put RNG and remove the "AIM" for the legendary BUT you can still manage to get a DECENT system IF YOU DECIDE TO SEPARATE UTILITY LEG FROM DPS ONES.

Otherwise you get the worst scenario AKA Legion one, with people UBER LUCKY to get 3 dps legendary and 1 utility vs people with 3 utility and 1 dps (maybe the shitty one)
    this get even worse when SPEC are Legendary BASED in some case and you get benched or can compete with other dps and decide to reroll.
    Last edited by mmoc61c8e925d2; 2017-08-22 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I didn't even know there are that many different ones a class can use I have three but yea, I can only wear two so the third is already irrelevant... not sure what the point is of your other "24".
    Well i play Chicken aka 4 specs if you got all 11 for one spec you will automatically receive rng offspec legos

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Well i play Chicken aka 4 specs if you got all 11 for one spec you will automatically receive rng offspec legos
    I see, well I never offspec so at least that is one less worry

Who cares. Artifact weapons were basically the legendary questlines. Prefer them over the welfare cloak/ring we got in MoP and WoD.

k? .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Have they? I only recall them stating that the dps legendaries were a mistake, nothing about the utility ones. I do not miss the legendaries of old, where only one or maybe two in the whole guild obtained one and then promptly either left the guild or quit playing. So much fun to help that person obtain that legendary when it doesn't even benefit us.

Personally I think the Legion legendaries are the best iteration so far, merely because they are really powerful items that can completely change the way you play a given role or class, and give you tools to tackle situations you otherwise did not have access to. It's almost like an extension of the talent system, except way more fun.

My biggest problem with legendaries this expansion is first and foremost, the constant and never-ending complaining from people not having their BIS legendary. That out of the way, my second biggest problem with the legendaries this expansion is the way you obtain them, they are and especially early on were, too RNG based, and I really dislike that the optimal way of farming them is to run all of the raids, previous and current, on all of its difficulties. Either increase the chances from other sources (preferable), or restrict the BLP to a certain number of bosses, for the same reason the chance is so low in mythic plus, because it's repeatable.

I hope to see a similar legendary system to the current one in the next expansion, but with less RNG involved and more focus on allowing you to pick and choose the one you want. I think I'll cry if there isn't some form of Prydaz, absolutely love that legendary necklace...
    I personally liked the MoP style the most, gave the legendaries an expansion long story line, and werent of the variety of "the dude who gets it leaves the guild"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    k? .
    such a constructive comment, please enlighten me more on your opinion of the current system, and the past system, and which systems you preferred and would like to see moving forward.

Deleted
    The BEST idea for a legendary system isn't really to have an UBER LEGENDARY that have some no brain passive a la "3000% DMG EZ SKILL 360 *MLG HORN*" that drop from a random boss or a chest behind a tavern.

You have to grip the player into something really EPIC (this is a RPG) that is really rewarding, like dunno when a PROT PALA do his own PROT ARTIFACT CHALLENGE and cry tears of joy.
    You know you did it on your own and this is pretty amazing.

Not staying AFK in LFR to drop 3xTablet of Cocksucking when you require 900 of them to turn on and get a legendary like WOD or MOP.

At least MOP and WOD had the decency to have a STORY through the game about the Legendary that started @Epic quality and slowly got empowered until legendary.

but then you force people doing RAID, ok is not a problem, but if people knows that they have to drop the "item quest" from random bosses they will join LFR and AFK or exploit stuff like Bladefist in Highmaul.
    Last edited by mmoc61c8e925d2; 2017-08-22 at 08:13 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    get rid of that shit completely don't even think about bringing it to the next xpac ...

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Then they would be in benefit to the more casual raid groups, and not cause any frustration for the top mythic raiders.
    Most Mythic raiders have had every legendary for their chosen spec for months now. The frustration is much more on the end of casual/returning players imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    all that has to be changed is that we only get uttility or atleast a way to give a certain legendary a higher chance to pop

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Legion Legendary System is broken. You should get such powerful items through hard work not through luck and RNG. I think it should be back to Vanilla style where you need to do Legendary questline through raids and gathering rare items.
    back to vanilla style - 2% dropchance, not RNG
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Whats so big deal about thunderfury and sulfuras? they didnt make or break the game either... you had one = you werent top 1 dps automatic. They werent meant to be significant power increases... they were there to be cool. Some legion legendaries are bis for your class and increase your dps significantly, so not getting lucky with drops is a big deal... especially earlier in the expansion. Now later in the expansion legendaries is a problem for alts...

And its an MMO not Skyrim, getting a legendary in an MMO should require a guild... and to be fair everything guild related in legion is harder than anything you can do solo. So hard work and personal effort dont go well together and never will...
    This, this argument is a good one, even if you had shadowmourne, it might have been the best weapon, but if you kill heroic LK 25, he dropped a 2 hander with the exact same stats, it was just dope AF because it was orange. The effects on the current legendaries can be absolutely ridiculous, if you're a rogue and don't have mantle of master assassin you're a joke, its absolutely game breaking. I know several other legendary items are also game breaking.

The main problem in my eyes at the moment is how over powered legendaries are, and how theyre essentially mandatory per slot, i use the bracers and shoulders on my rogue. The ring coming in patch 7.3 is most likely going to be BiS for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Then they would be in benefit to the more casual raid groups, and not cause any frustration for the top mythic raiders.
    Nobody cares about Top Mythic Raiders.

5% of player base can't dictate for the 95%

I think the current system would have been ok if it wasn't so many legendaries. 5 or 6 items that you can use 2 at a time of would be fine per spec. Instead its like 10 and 6 are next to garbage. So you can go like half the expansion with just garbage legendaries and just have to deal with being less of a player of someone of the same skill level but more lucky.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Most Mythic raiders have had every legendary for their chosen spec for months now. The frustration is much more on the end of casual/returning players imo.
    Yeah, my main 7/9M has literally every legendary for all specs, my alt however has a couple shit legos. My buddy just started playing and has a prydaz on his warlock (lulz), thats not a good way to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Yeah, my main 7/9M has literally every legendary for all specs, my alt however has a couple shit legos. My buddy just started playing and has a prydaz on his warlock (lulz), thats not a good way to start.
    Oh damn, yeah. My mage started the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    There are mandatory ones? Doesn't sound like something Blizz would want.. meaning content most likely isn't designed with having "mandatory ones" in mind.
    No, it was a rather stupid system and they already said that if they could do it all over they would have only done the utility ones. Too late now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you played the same spec since the start, maybe. If you've been forced to switch then it's very likely that you won't have the mandatory ones.
    Or well, it's very likely that you already quit as playing without them is pointless for quite a few classes.
    There is ones that are better than others, but there aren't any "mandatory" ones.

Also no one forced you to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Legion Legendary System is broken. You should get such powerful items through hard work not through luck and RNG. I think it should be back to Vanilla style where you need to do Legendary questline through raids and gathering rare items.
    Sulfuras, craft an epic mace and use that for 90% of the same praying you'll get a 1% drop off final boss in MC. Thunderfury, get a pair of 1% drops off MC bosses before you can begin to craft anything. Thori'dal, 1% drop. Warglaives, 1% drop. Yeah, no RNG at all. It wasn't until MoP and WoD that we had the legendary questline to earn and then strengthen the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    There is ones that are better than others, but there aren't any "mandatory" ones.

Also no one forced you to switch.
    I have all mine, not talking about me here but yes, there are mandatory legendaries.
    When one combination of items gives you a 15-30% damage boost compared to others, that setup is mandatory.

No way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I have all mine, not talking about me here but yes, there are mandatory legendaries.
    When one combination of items gives you a 15-30% damage boost compared to others, that setup is mandatory.

No way around that.
    That isn't what mandatory means.