Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    That isn't what mandatory means.
    Yeah, it is.
    Being 30% behind in damage means you have no place is a raid. So, mandatory for raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    This, this argument is a good one, even if you had shadowmourne, it might have been the best weapon, but if you kill heroic LK 25, he dropped a 2 hander with the exact same stats, it was just dope AF because it was orange. The effects on the current legendaries can be absolutely ridiculous, if you're a rogue and don't have mantle of master assassin you're a joke, its absolutely game breaking. I know several other legendary items are also game breaking.

The main problem in my eyes at the moment is how over powered legendaries are, and how theyre essentially mandatory per slot, i use the bracers and shoulders on my rogue. The ring coming in patch 7.3 is most likely going to be BiS for everyone.
    Well, any WAR/DK/PALA with Shadowmourne was istant AOE GOD and even ST with proper gear or just Saurfang trinket.

Current Legendaries are RIDICULOUS (some of them) because you can't 360° twist a spec due to a single ITEM you have to set a proper power-scale of passive

OR JUST A FLAT % INCREASE like dunno " +20% Fireball DMG "

OR JUST A FLAT CDR DECREASE like MM Boots "-1 sec on this CD every time you spend xy resource"

Not mixing up UTILITY like PRYDAZ with NO BRAIN/CORE BIS/BUILD MAKER like Mantle of Master Assasin (LUL 100% CRIT FOR 6 SEC, can't be so bad -blizzard) OR SHITTY STUFF like 500% RANGE on Bursting Shot that is useless and it is just a mere STAT STICK

with 3/4 cup of RNG just to make all of it more spicy.

Make items with legendary powers a common drop but give them crap stats so you have a hard choice between stats and the fancy extra ability. Make the drop rate high enough that finding the one you want isn't that big of a deal.

Then add in a rare drop that upgrades those items to legendary power levels. The power of that upgrade would be dependant on the difficulty of the content you're doing (and can be upgraded further as you do harder content).

Keep limitations on how many of those item types can be equipped.

Keeps that warm fuzzy feel of surprise cool items Blizz wanted originally, but allows you to target which uber legendary you want. Gives reward for doing hard content. Win for lots of people.

Edit: upgraded items as in big stat boosts on top of unchanged ability.

The legendary system is completely unneeded from a gaming perspective but does an absolutely INCREDIBLE job of keeping players online, playing different alts constantly, rehashing old raids/content in the hopes of increasing BLP and eventually getting their BIS legs.

The ?: are we as players frustrated because the system is broken OR are we frustrated that is working so well to keep us addicted to being on 24-7. I would highly suggest the latter.

The more we voice we hate the RNG leg system, the more Blizz looks at the total player hours logged per day numbers which likely just keep rising and think their plan is working perfectly.

"I think it should be back to Vanilla style where you need to do Legendary questline through raids and gathering rare items."

Vanilla style was be a rogue or warrior and hope Ragnaros,Garr or Baron dropped a piece, or you did Naxx enough before TBC to get the staff as a caster?
    What you're saying didn't start until Wrath and it was for specific classes only, if you mean for everyone then that was MOP.

Deleted
    That isn't what mandatory means.
    Yes...it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, it is.
    Being 30% behind in damage means you have no place is a raid. So, mandatory for raiding.

Well not really just DMG, just look at DH DPS with and without the RING.

More than "MORE DMG" that Ring gives you actually space to play the spec with not huge downtime or starving, and this is ridicolous rather than mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    The ?: are we as players frustrated because the system is broken OR are we frustrated that is working so well to keep us addicted to being on 24-7. I would highly suggest the latter.
    Just BROKEN.

There are no consolidate proof that Legendary System force you to be online h24, there are a lot of people that just dropped leggendary on ALT with no played time or people that play 2 days per week with Legendary or TF stuff is the same things, just RNG.

People that play 24/7 (hyperbole) are just addicted and need medical help or top raider/streamer withing the top 10 that actually see this like a "job"

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The thing is, the current legendaries should "mirror" the old vanilla random epics people may have found at some point or another. And those were just as powerful. Some of the mid 40+ epics lasted until max level and even into raids.

People only have a problem that the items are orange and "legendary". If the same items were just really strong epics, the same as now but with purple text instead of orange, I am pretty sure many people wouldn't give two shits about it.
    Yep. Exactly.

People put to much emotion into a "Legendary."

Having TF, Atesh, or Sulfuras was cool.

Remember Benediction? That wasn't even Legendary, but people that had that new they were badass, because the quest was difficult (back then).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    "I think it should be back to Vanilla style where you need to do Legendary questline through raids and gathering rare items."

Vanilla style was be a rogue or warrior and hope Ragnaros,Garr or Baron dropped a piece, or you did Naxx enough before TBC to get the staff as a caster?
    What you're saying didn't start until Wrath and it was for specific classes only, if you mean for everyone then that was MOP.
    TBH you can put Hunter and Priest epic quest with Rogue Warrior (Shaman Pala) Mage Priest Lock Druid (Naxx)

Is just something BETWEEN this 2 scenario that can give us a NICE legendary system.

Thunderfury : Was cool fighting Thunderaan not hoping for the 2 bindings or farming the bar (maybe)

Sulfuras : Was "cool" have to FARM and craft the Epic Mace and THEN hope Ragny for the EYE.

Hunter and Priest : Just the epic quest was amazing, hunter one was really challenging for the time (redo on p server, still feeling cool)

Naxx : Where things starts to be pretty meh with Bosses Dropping stuff....but was cool to redo some Raid to get the BASE or the HEAD of the Staff

-------

** the Epic Vanilla = Legendary.

Those "PASSIVE" were pretty legit, no reason to snob Cloudkeeper Legplates with their ACTIVE of 100 AP because isn't a turbo spastic passive that make you do an extra 30% overall DPS.

Even a Nightfall that put a +15% magic dmg debuff was nice, raid wise was a huge buff.

Edgemaster Gloves WERE SNOBBED and considered shitty until TBC when people understood how OP they were, and infact on every p server those gloves are a must for warriors.
    Last edited by mmoc61c8e925d2; 2017-08-22 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You know why Legion legendaries still aren't sold by a vendor? It's because of how allowing people to buy legendaries according to some BiS list completely fucks up everything around it. For one, people will lose their shit whenever a patch slightly changes the BiS by changing for example stat weights for a class/spec and lo-and-behold, people will start demanding some "grace period" after a patch where they can "refund their now useless legendaries" to buy new ones according to Icy Veins.

But I don't blame ya'll too much. Game design has a component of psychology to it as well, not just giving people what they think they want. It's part of why we didn't get AK50 this patch, because while people would "benefit" by plowing through 1-52 in like 2 hours, that fun would quickly be replaced by NOTHING but ranking up Concordance. How enjoyable. It's a bit similar to the issues with leveling, in that people don't understand that just making it faster and faster won't make it more enjoyable just because it's over with sooner.

The current Legendary system is working well to most players, it's the armchair mythic-raiders who can't sleep at night because they don't have BiS leg 1 and 2 at all times that have to figure out their priorities. Echo chambers on MMOC and official forums would have you believe a majority of players are having these so called issues.

Current system is fine for what it is, what Blizzard does need to figure out is how to avoid certain legendaries being gigantic throughput boosts compared to others. And some might say that they should be utility only, and then realize that then, we just change the goalpost. Now we might look at the best legendary for movement, or self-healing, or whatever. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing problematic about random item drops that enhances a single player a bit. I remember the MoP legendary system though, especially the endless complaining that a new alt has to spent xx amount of weeks in order to catch up because of how extensive the cloak questline was at the end. But of course, now it's all fine and dandy.

No thanks, I think I prefer a pleasant surprise now and then. Just like how I enjoy sometimes getting a pretty sick titanforged trinket.

And I certainly hope Blizzard will never be so stupid as to put in a legendary token vendor system.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-08-22 at 09:08 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Yeah, it is.
    Do you need to have the item equipped in order to enter the instance? No? Then it's not mandatory. If your raid leader refuses to bring you without it, find a better guild/group. You can down the boss just fine without it, and you're not a cutting edge raider either else you wouldn't have any problem with the grind seeing the way they split run.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    While this is a great point and actually makes the legendary live up to it's name by making it rare and sought after, Blizzard won't give two shits about it.

Share holders need to make money and pissing off the vast masses who don't have the time to dedicate to a scheduled raiding guild or the patience to pug their way through normal, is not a good idea. I mean they just gave all Pallys the fucking Ashbringer. No way in hell they're gonna make guilds put in the effort required for Thunderfury.

Seeing that there's no way they're going back to the old way, ill gladly take the quest line approach over this rng garbage.
    And why does "legendary" mean this specific thing.
    Just like the stupid "epic should be epic", when they were NEVER equal to the very thing we get demands to put them back to.
    World Drops, Crafted, Varying difficulty of tiers and even within a tier.
    There was never consistency to what any rarity of weapon has meant in terms of effort or difficulty to obtain.

So why does legendary have to mean something so specific about the difficulty.
    Can anyone actually compare two legendaries or questline epics prior to the ring and produce an argument about them having similar difficulty.
    I don't think anyone could, therefore there is no "vanilla" legendary difficulty or any other description meant to encapsulate something different on each and every one of them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-08-22 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I was not fully hostile to RNG legendary drop when Legion was announced as I thought they would be extremely rare, like maybe 2 per month per server on average. But when I saw that it was raining legendaries for everyone, they just became mandatory and that was a big big mistake imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Most Mythic raiders have had every legendary for their chosen spec for months now. The frustration is much more on the end of casual/returning players imo.
    Yeah, because ppl who do HC tomb definitely need their BiS legendaries to clear it... owait.

like a lot of peoples saying

simple.

legendary token drop.
    you choice your leg.
    end.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Do you need to have the item equipped in order to enter the instance? No? Then it's not mandatory. If your raid leader refuses to bring you without it, find a better guild/group. You can down the boss just fine without it, and you're not a cutting edge raider either else you wouldn't have any problem with the grind seeing the way they split run.
    Again, I have all mine. Thats not the issue.
    But a raid leader that brings someone that puts out 30% less damage than others of the same class, thats a bad raid leader.

That you can actually be that far behind despit spending the same time and being just as skilled is a huge issue with WoW and the current expantion.
    A big enough issue that it alone made Legion the worst expantion so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    like a lot of peoples saying

simple.

legendary token drop.
    you choice your leg.
    end.
    This. Would have fixed the system with one easy fix and made it so much more exiting to actually get a legendary drop.

Yeah, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    Yes...it is.

Again, that isn't what it means. Mandatory would mean you literally couldn't play without it, meaning you'd be unable to enter the instance, do zero damage or be unable to sign in to the game. Obviously unrealistic scenarios but none the less, you're both misusing the word.

Being level 110 is mandatory for legion raids because you literally cannot enter the instance unless you are level 110, having specific legendary items isn't because you can still raid without them.

Example 1 - you are in a mythic guild with exactly 20 people and zero alternate players. They would still bring you to raid even if you didn't have BiS legos because doing 30% less damage is still 70% more than if you weren't there meaning it literally isn't mandatory.

Example 2 - Raid leader doesn't bring you, find a new guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I have all mine. Thats not the issue.
    But a raid leader that brings someone that puts out 30% less damage than others of the same class, thats a bad raid leader.
    Implying there is always another person to bring to replace said individual.

That you can actually be that far behind despit spending the same time and being just as skilled is a huge issue with WoW and the current expantion.
    A big enough issue that it alone made Legion the worst expantion so far.
    I agree the system is bad, but that has nothing to do with the misuse of the word mandatory.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-08-22 at 10:23 PM.

Again, that isn't what it means. Mandatory would mean you literally couldn't play without it, meaning you'd be unable to enter the instance, do zero damage or be unable to sign in to the game. Obviously unrealistic scenarios but none the less, you're both misusing the word.

Being level 110 is mandatory for legion raids because you literally cannot enter the instance unless you are level 110, having specific legendary items isn't because you can still raid without them.

Example 1 - you are in a mythic guild with exactly 20 people and zero alternate players. They would still bring you to raid even if you didn't have BiS legos because doing 30% less damage is still 70% more than if you weren't there meaning it literally isn't mandatory.

Example 2 - Raid leader doesn't bring you, find a new guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Implying there is always another person to bring to replace said individual.

I agree the system is bad, but that has nothing to do with the misuse of the word mandatory.
    Right then, close to mandatory if you happen to be in a crap guild that can't find a replacement.

Right then, close to mandatory if you happen to be in a crap guild that can't find a replacement.
    So most average guilds?

So most average guilds?
    Are most average guilds ok with players not pulling their weight?
    I doubt it but I wouldn't know.

In any case, they shouldn't. It's easy enough to find players with the "close to mandatory" legendaries by now. Players without them have no place in raids.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I personally hope whatever we have next expansion is VERY similar to Legion's after all the fixes.